Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hse/Tulsa clerical officer competition 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 tonzboher

Jojo18 wrote: »
    They contacted my current employer already. Same week I had to get all notarised documents done. I chased up my previous employer references and they rang my manager. I haven't officially given a leave date but they know I'm leaving. It's a terrible situation now.

in my case they waited until everything was cleared first before they contacted my employer for the reference, i know its an awkward situation and completely stupid way of hiring, once they contact your employer they obviously know your leaving then, its very awkward. My previous employer wanted me to stay for 2 weeks which was fine, but i hounded the hse to get a start date straight away, but my previous employer didn't try and replace me before i had gone out the door though

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MEME2018

What are the pre employment clearances referred to on the expression of interest email?

MEME2018 wrote: »
    What are the pre employment clearances referred to on the expression of interest email?

Garda Vetting and work references

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Once all documentation has been notarised and sent in how long, roughly, have people had to wait to hear a response?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 farmgirl1

Has anyone been placed on Cavan monaghan or know what number they are up to on the panel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dublingirlx

I have just gotten called to interview. Extremely nervous so would appreciate and tips and advice to get me through. Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dorbrogra

Has anyone applied for the expressions of interest for Kerry - 5 in total, 2 part time (re-advertised). They are all in KGH and you would be required to work weekends, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dd123456

Can anyone tell me what the health check form is like

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jojo18

I have just gotten called to interview. Extremely nervous so would appreciate and tips and advice to get me through. Thanks guys.
    Just learn off your competency based questions from your application form. That's all they ask you. You'll be fine, good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Reezer

Did anyone get expressions of interest at all from westmeath/Longford???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 beanqueen

Reezer wrote: »
    Did anyone get expressions of interest at all from westmeath/Longford???
    Not a peep since March/April. Only one expression sent and it was for a part-time position.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 beanqueen

Has anyone had issues with getting references from current employers? I'm at pre-employment clearance stage and my line managers are unable to give references (HR restrictions) and a pre-written reference has to come from HR instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jojo18

How long does contract stage take. I've all documents submitted.

Hi there. I have an interview next week and I am starting to panic a little because I made a complaint to my local hospital about a bad experience I had with a consultant during a recent visit there and I am wondering if I am successful with my interview and they start their checks on me, will this go against me?

is the job you're going interviewing for in the hospital you complained about?

tonzboher wrote: »
    is the job you're going interviewing for in the hospital you complained about?

Its a possibility alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Hi there. I have an interview next week and I am starting to panic a little because I made a complaint to my local hospital about a bad experience I had with a consultant during a recent visit there and I am wondering if I am successful with my interview and they start their checks on me, will this go against me?

The interviewers will have no knowledge of this at all, it will have no bearing on your interview. Chances of you being placed in this hospital are slim. The interview will give you an order of merit and if and when your number is called you get offered the chance to take the next job. If you dont want it, for example its to far or it is this hospital then you do nothing...someone else takes this job and you get offered the next
    IF it is this hospital and IF you do accept it and IF during the background checks they deem you not suitable for this position someone else gets it and they offer you the next.
    So stop being concerned and do a good interview, the interviewers only know what is on your form.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

And i am being quite pessimistic about this campaign, it is moving very slow and i feel chances of offers now very slight.

tringle wrote: »
    The interviewers will have no knowledge of this at all, it will have no bearing on your interview. Chances of you being placed in this hospital are slim. The interview will give you an order of merit and if and when your number is called you get offered the chance to take the next job. If you dont want it, for example its to far or it is this hospital then you do nothing...someone else takes this job and you get offered the next
    IF it is this hospital and IF you do accept it and IF during the background checks they deem you not suitable for this position someone else gets it and they offer you the next.
    So stop being concerned and do a good interview, the interviewers only know what is on your form.

Thanks Tringle. You have reassured me. X

Does anyone else find interviews very stressful? I was so anxious all the week before mine, so bad I found it hard to concentrate on anything else. I was so worried that my mind would just go blank in there with the nerves. I had my interview last Tuesday. I feel the interview went ok, interview panel were lovely, but it was very structured and my mouth was so dry during it. It's so hard to call. So fingers crossed it went well. Not sure I'll hear anything this side of Christmas although they did say between 7-10 days. Anyone else have an interview recently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 mersie

How long after the deadline had past for expression of interest , do people hear from them if your highest in order ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 tones67

Has there been bit of movement in Clare? Expression for interest today was sent to top 30 on panel. Is that a lot for 1 post?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

tones67 wrote: »
    Has there been bit of movement in Clare? Expression for interest today was sent to top 30 on panel. Is that a lot for 1 post?
    It's hard to say as they didn't say how many positions will be offered from this post.

Anyone knows how many jobs were offered from Clare panel since the beginning of this campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 tones67

Mala1313 wrote: »
    Anyone knows how many jobs were offered from Clare panel since the beginning of this campaign?
    not sure and hard to know how panels are fixed as a number of people may have already being offered clerical officer roles through Civil Service and Public Service panels or even private service

• Registered Users Posts: 12 BlacksheepBaa

Does anyone know If panel is still running for Kildare? Haven't heard anything in Months.

Does anyone know If panel is still running for Kildare? Haven't heard anything in Months.

Last time I contacted HBS recruitment I was told that we will be notified if the panel is due to expire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Hiya guys

I am currently on a temporary contract ( 11 month, maternity cover).

Just wondering what's the next logical step. Will I continue to receive info on permanent positions? Or should I look to reapply to the next public jobs campaign?

I don't want to go through the year without planning for the end of this contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bonny21

Has there been any progress on Longford/Westmeath grade III? Heard nothing going back since Feb.

Also, Has any of ye ever been in temp job and your temp comes up on permanent panel but your not high enough on the panel to get the job? What happens you then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Treatycat

bonny21 wrote: »
    Has there been any progress on Longford/Westmeath grade III? Heard nothing going back since Feb.

Also, Has any of ye ever been in temp job and your temp comes up on permanent panel but your not high enough on the panel to get the job? What happens you then?
    You would have to talk to your line Manger and see it they can sort anything else out for you but normally if your job is put up on permanent panel then being temporary your contract should be finished. Personally from what I see they normally don't put posts up on permanent panel if they are happy with temp who is filling them but then again this is up to Manger so will differ from place to place

Advertisement