Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭MurDawg

SAP after their recent announcement of buying Qualtrics has dropped 5%+

Expensive acquisition but a game changer in their industry.

Might slide a little further but it will correct itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Now happy I didn't go in on GE. Still worth a shot very long term I reckon. Maybe another bit to fall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Probably late to the party but Magnis Resources (MNS:ASX) is undergoing a bit of a rally after it's name change.
    It's going from just a mining to manufacturing lithium Ion Batteries etc. Might just be a small bump but still good for a long play though when they get into production. Someone tipped it yonks ago and then I did too.

Bob Harris wrote: »
    I'll be giving Degiro a wide berth today.

Now is the time to average down while you're catching the falling knife!

I'll be holding off on going in a little on VKTX for a bit longer. Loadsa red on my books

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭butrasgali

Any reason dalata is dropping so much..and would you buy now..??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Edry will announce results on thursday after close.

Leds will do so after close wednesday.

Any pop will most likely happen before each event and worth keeping an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is that already priced in or will it get a bump today?

Thargor wrote: »
    Is that already priced in or will it get a bump today?

Maybe a bit of the usual market manipulation, probably bump then drop.

Long term this is golden, any dip back towards 12 and I'm buying again.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭jackc101

Now happy I didn't go in on GE. Still worth a shot very long term I reckon. Maybe another bit to fall.

Ugh, have a very long term position at roughly 21.60
    No cash to lower my cost basis, which was a strategy that worked handsomely with BBL before for me

• Advertisement

GE has turned into a **** show. I got out on the spike when the new CEO came on board which wasn't much more than what I'd bought at. He seems to have initiated a major clean out and with more likely to come. That and the dividend cut to nearly nothing means this has more room to fall.

Maybe a bit of the usual market manipulation, probably bump then drop.

Long term this is golden, any dip back towards 12 and I'm buying again.

Annnnddddd like clockwork, in again.

Annnnddddd like clockwork, in again.

The market just does not want to know. MDGL down over 7% as I write after decent results presented.

GALT is proving quite resilient the last week or so. The general belief is they are looking for a buyer and the price action the last while makes me think something is afoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

butrasgali wrote: »
    Any reason dalata is dropping so much..and would you buy now..??

Would be curious about this too. I remember someone on this thread advising other to not touch it with a barge pole, and this was back when it was around €7. It's looking good value at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Keeping an eye out for Home Depot Q3 earnings, out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Would be curious about this too. I remember someone on this thread advising other to not touch it with a barge pole, and this was back when it was around €7. It's looking good value at the moment.

DrunkMonkey warned everyone to avoid Dalata back in Feb when the SP was in the low €6's. It subsequently topped out at €7.35 in July and has now slide down to €5.23 today which is almost a 30% fall.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106162260&postcount=185

The SP was falling anyway but really went into freefall after the VAT increase in the Oct Budget and continued now with the general malaise in Stock prices worldwide in October/Nov.

When you see a 30% fall in the SP of a former ISEQ darling, its tempting to pile in, especially when the business is virtually unaffected, but my advice would be to hold your powder until we see where the market is going in the medium term....you might just get a better bargain in another Month or two.

VKTX 14.50 pre market, 11.33 now. Picked up a few more just now.

Definitely going back to the highs sooner or later.

Serious manipulation !

Any thoughts on RGSE?

More dilution incoming but sentiment is good.

Maybe an easy in and out play, down 8% today.

I'm up 30% here already. Anyone else jump on board ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I'm up 30% here already. Anyone else jump on board ?
    We really should have tracked the tips in this thread like a proper fund, I might set up a Google doc for 2019 if Im bored at work some day.

Thargor wrote: »
    We really should have tracked the tips in this thread like a proper fund, I might set up a Google doc for 2019 if Im bored at work some day.

Done by cefh17 as far as September, just PM for editing abilities. There's a few errors in it.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108142237

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BonesJones1

What percentage of your portfolio is dividend paying stocks? Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Micro focus up 8% today, what are people's aim point to sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,069 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Pound vs euro is going to be all over the shop today, may be value in london stocks in the afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Gruffalo22

cefh17 wrote: »
    Micro focus up 8% today, what are people's aim point to sell?

With a high dividend, improving outlook and 230m share buyback in progress I don't plan on selling for the forseeable future. I am hoping that the SP will continue to rise and no guarantees but hopefully will reach 18GBP over the next year or two. Brexit is obviously a big uncertainty for UK shares. MCRO is at book value (significant goodwill & intangibles) though so relatively safe long term. The SUSE sale money is funding the buybacks which will continue until next February and I think a further tranche/other return to shareholders will be announced after. It'll be used to pay down debt also.

You can check the buyback progress here under regulatory news

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/prices-and-markets/stocks/summary/company-summary/GB00BD8YWM01GBGBXSET1.html

I would be inclined to keep my core holdings but buy extra on large dips (in the 12s) for trading purposes as others have done. The SP fell after the first tranche of buybacks ended. I bought some more around 12 when the second buyback was announced

Share chat here
    https://uk.advfn.com/stock-market/london/micro-focus-international-MCRO/share-chat

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Some reading to be done on it, thanks very much!

Picked up some VKTX in the 10s, deep in there now. Still in the green (in since it was first tipped here), but could do with finding a higher base line.

RGSE down 10% today after being up 18% yesterday, picked up some more.

Order for Aphria if it gets to 12.50

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭beaner92

Picked up some VKTX in the 10s, deep in there now. Still in the green (in since it was first tipped here), but could do with finding a higher base line.

RGSE down 10% today after being up 18% yesterday, picked up some more.

Order for Aphria if it gets to 12.50

I am on the other side of this via put contracts For the last few weeks. It is closer to the 52w low than the 52w high. Tgt 7.50 in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

beaner92 wrote: »
    I am on the other side of this via put contracts For the last few weeks. It is closer to the 52w low than the 52w high. Tgt 7.50 in January.

Don’t fancy your chances mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

beaner92 wrote: »

Where are you getting put contracts? Do they do these in Degiro?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Can you do forex in degiro?

Advertisement