Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Thoughts on rockstar or is the price already factored in?

Game getting insane reviews, queues in shops still crazy despite midnight launch..

was up 11% yesterday, too bad it was such a bad month beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

was up 11% yesterday, too bad it was such a bad month beforehand

****, should have went in on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Up PM

It was 50 odd shares though, no volume as yet, one of the few shippers not to really spike the last week or so. ER in early november might draw some attention to it.

I see the float is back under a million shares again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Toobz wrote: »
    Any opinions on NVDA? Surely bottoming out now?

Didn't pull the trigger at 193 :(

First checked my portfolio for the first time in weeks. Down 10% in total...annoying...always get in at the worst possible time, same with bitcoin. :)

Abbvie fell apart on me...what happened there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Pussyhands wrote: »
    First checked my portfolio for the first time in weeks. Down 10% in total...annoying...always get in at the worst possible time, same with bitcoin. :)

Abbvie fell apart on me...what happened there?

Consider yourself lucky you didn't check it last week :pac:

Consider yourself lucky you didn't check it last week :pac:

Oh that was a conscious decision :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

retalivity wrote: »
    Nope, but im going back in to Alibaba. Opened at a 15mth low today, they have earnings call on friday and outlook is not good. However, they also have 11/11 coming up - its the biggest shopping day of the year in China & East Asia - their version of black friday/cyber monday. This will feed into the next quarter earnings and should see an increase in earnings/share price - see earnings for past 3 years below:

94cddc3782872f8474fa865967595adf.png

Share price generally rose from Nov-Jan over the past few years too.

You timed that well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

and the bloodbath continues........ apple is taking an unmerciful hit....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭franglan

You timed that well

May well drop tomorrow when Q3 report comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Vktx did the business today for once. I'm back in the green. On that holding.... Portfolios in the toilet overall obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭whatever76

• Registered Users Posts: 65,153 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Apple market cap is still ridiculous imho...

And they need to pay back the illegal subsidy you and I (as Irish tax payers) were forced to pay them...

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BonesJones1

Thoughts on General Motors?
    oops I missed the boat here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭valoren

uncertainty whether the iPhone maker can keep up with demand for new products.

So there is so much demand for new products that the company is uncertain if they can meet it. That's a good place to be surely.

Apple is trading at fair value as is. It's a buy at fair value and hold forever stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

Anyone who followed me into EDRY again after the 40% run previously, from ST:
    original_143707378.png

Bouncing nicely off resistance and support lines, should keep tracing up.

Look for a run if it breaks above the blue line.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,133 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

valoren wrote: »
    uncertainty whether the iPhone maker can keep up with demand for new products.

So there is so much demand for new products that the company is uncertain if they can meet it. That's a good place to be surely.

Apple is trading at fair value as is. It's a buy at fair value and hold forever stock.

That's pure spin don't believe it. Apple handset sales have been falling for a while, I think they've pushed the boat a bit to far with their new handset prices.
    There really only a 1 trick pony, the likes of Xiaomi are gobbling up market share, samsung is starting to make cheap phones again.
    I think their sales are completely in the bin but as there's so many floating around on ships, sitting in warehouses and in shop stock rooms it looks as if everything is ok.
    I'm not going to go on a complete rant about them as there's a lot more tricks that should be called out.

I don't think it's a safe buy that's going to be around forever. Mickey Mouse and Pluto will but not Apple. It's a niche that's now out of most peoples reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,133 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If porsche doesn't break 60 today i'll eat my hat, Did you take your 10% yet Unkle...? Barclays updated target the other day to 90.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,153 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Nowhere near 10% dude, not even half that! :)

They gave me a bit of a fright over the past few weeks, I want more than 10% on this one...

Skelet0n wrote: »
      Chart looks like it could go sub-1300

Damnit :pac:

Up 11%

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
      Nowhere near 10% dude, not even half that! :)

They gave me a bit of a fright over the past few weeks, I want more than 10% on this one...

Up 7.5% on this atm. Very long on it though.

Up 10% with Starbucks after just a fortnight, long on at too. Hope Ackman didn't get this one wrong too.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Gruffalo22

Well I'm back in the green :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Cashed out on my 2.5k portfolio in Wednesday for a 14.76% return, quite pleased.

I took my chips off the table for a few reasons. The markets have been going through an unprecedented period of low volatility for a number of years now and the market has to drawdown eventually.

I think uncertainty is starting to creep back in regarding the low interest rate environment that has facilitated higher levels of corporate debt. The fed has hiked their key rates a number of times and will likely do so again in 2019.
      When you add trade wars and Brexit into the mix, I can understand why uncertainty is on the rise. I smell something in the offing.

Gonna keep my degiro account open and keep an eye on the market. I think you can set price alerts on securities so I will be investigating that. All that being said, I could be posting in here again on a few months time with egg on my face having missed a massive bull run, such is life!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

The Donald needs to crack out his phone and tweet something positive to get this recovery back on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Anone in on Xiaomi, shares are starting to lift and the Q3 number should be impressive. The only place I can find them is on the Hong Kong Exchange with Degiro, would prefer a euro or us ticker if anyone knows one.

Did you get in on this? I would like to buy a couple of shares through degiro and can't see any buy prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Are you looking at XIAOMI CORP-CLASS B ? Try etnet.com.hk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Are you looking at XIAOMI CORP-CLASS B ? Try etnet.com.hk.

Yea that's the one.

Buy/Sell prices seems to be blank on Degiro.

Anyhow... to add to the rumour of proposed marriage between Diageo and Aphria ... 2 more bigwigs have left Diagio for Aphria.
      Tom Looney US president of Diageo
      Jakob Ripshtein CFO.

Following appointment of other heavy hitters Michael Serruya, Schlomo Bibas and John M. Herhalt.

So ya! tip pick is for Aphria

• Advertisement

Anyhow... to add to the rumour of proposed marriage between Diageo and Aphria ... 2 more bigwigs have left Diagio for Aphria.
      Tom Looney US president of Diageo
      Jakob Ripshtein CFO.

Following appointment of other heavy hitters Michael Serruya, Schlomo Bibas and John M. Herhalt.

So ya! tip pick is for Aphria

Advertisement