Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long termers TTC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭babydream

GaGa21 wrote: »
    To be honest, I think psychological support should be offered to any person suffering infertility fullstop.
    I know hopes are probably raised more while attending fertility clinics but people are dealing with it before it even gets to that stage so should be offered by GPs.

On a separate note, does anyone remember when Varadkar announced the state supported IVF due to start in 2019? It seems like a dream as there has been no talk of it since. Is it still happening?

I agree about support being offered, its a very lonely journey and there are times when you can see no light at the end of the tunnel. Honestly I am struggling more with this grief than I did when my Dad passed away a number of years ago!!

I remember Simon Harris talking about the free IVF for couples and I called it when the Abortion referendum was passed that free IVF would not happen in January 2019. All available resources and money are going to be spent on abortion services.

I have emailed Simon Harris seeking an update on this and ill post reply when (if) I get one.

Anyone ever use Puregon for Ovulation Induction??

We have been given the prescription just waiting on AF now to start

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I think mine was Ovitrelle, but for some reason Puregon rings a bell with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 squigglyd

babydream wrote: »
    Anyone ever use Puregon for Ovulation Induction??

We have been given the prescription just waiting on AF now to start

I've just used it on my last IVF, it was very easy to use the pen is handy. ETA: not sure if it's the same use for ovulation induction but I assume so.
    Neyite wrote: »
    I think mine was Ovitrelle, but for some reason Puregon rings a bell with me.
    Ovitrelle is the one-off trigger but Puregon is the FSH for the days leading up to that. At least that was the case for me.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74121756

Yep, I remember now. I got as far as being prescribed it but never actually took it because two days later I got my BFP. But I did research it a bit though.

A few years later I think it was just Ovitrelle I was on.

• Advertisement

squigglyd wrote: »
    I've just used it on my last IVF, it was very easy to use the pen is handy. ETA: not sure if it's the same use for ovulation induction but I assume so.

Ovitrelle is the one-off trigger but Puregon is the FSH for the days leading up to that. At least that was the case for me.

Did you have any side effects on it?? Clomid sent me crazy was snapping at everyone even managed to get myself a warning in work :o

Consultant said that shouldn't happen on Puregon so fingers crossed.

Was given Ovitrelle as a trigger shot also. I feel like this has all got very real all of a sudden, I no that sounds totally stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 35 CCCHIA

Puregon is a nice one to be on, pen is easy to use and needle is very fine. You can travel with the pen so you’re not stuck at home to be near your fridge meds. I was able to inject and lead a normal life.

Didn’t have any side effects either. I used it for one IUI and two OI’s.

You’ll be absolutely fine, it’s a daunting prospect but it’s very doable. Best of luck xx

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rflwr88

TTC for the last 2 yrs. I lost 6 stone and still no luck. At this point, I’m not sure where to go next. We just moved to Ireland so I think I’d have to start again with a new doctor in regards to fertility clinics etc

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

Trying not to overreact or overthink it but I had some very light spotting (small bit in the underwear and then a few times when I wiped but not all day - sorry if tmi) yesterday on cd 23 - 10 days post ovulation. Cycle length on average is 28 days thanks to metformin. Keeping everything crossed it’s not some anomaly this month in my cycle or another issue! Anyone had spotting and it turned out to be false?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭margo321

I had tried for 3 or 4 years. had all the tests xome back clear. failed iui. then had got pregnant naturally at 41. healthy baby thank god and now im 45 and pregnant. To be honest i felt
    the
    first few months feeling guilty being so old but am glad my child will have a sibling. So far all going well. Emotional time. good luck to all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Nerd Queen wrote:
    Keeping everything crossed it’s not some anomaly this month in my cycle or another issue! Anyone had spotting and it turned out to be false?

I did this month. Was so disappointed as I really thought the 2 days of brown discharge was implantation as I've never really had it before. Turned out to be the start of my period with what was obviously(now) old blood.
    Turned 40 and starting to think now this is the start of being perimenopausal.
    Really hope it is good news for you.

I did this month. Was so disappointed as I really thought the 2 days of brown discharge was implantation as I've never really had it before. Turned out to be the start of my period with what was obviously(now) old blood.
    Turned 40 and starting to think now this is the start of being perimenopausal.
    Really hope it is good news for you.

Oh I’m sorry to hear that! I’m hoping cos it wasn’t too much and has completely disappeared we may be in luck! I do get spotting before my period but it’s continuous for a day then my period arrives. Hopefully! Would be lovely as December marks 3 years since we seriously started ttc

Nerd Queen wrote:
    Oh I’m sorry to hear that! I’m hoping cos it wasn’t too much and has completely disappeared we may be in luck! I do get spotting before my period but it’s continuous for a day then my period arrives. Hopefully! Would be lovely as December marks 3 years since we seriously started ttc

It will be such a special Christmas for you both. Fingers crossed x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

margo321 wrote:
    I had tried for 3 or 4 years. had all the tests xome back clear. failed iui. then had got pregnant naturally at 41. healthy baby thank god and now im 45 and pregnant. To be honest i felt the first few months feeling guilty being so old but am glad my child will have a sibling. So far all going well. Emotional time. good luck to all

Wow, that's a fantastic story and will give hope to many others no doubt, congratulations and best of luck with this pregnancy

And AF has shown up 3 days early to crush any hope. Ah well we stay going.

Nerd Queen wrote:

Sorry to hear that. It's terrible when we get our hopes up and I always feel worse at this time of year too.
    Good luck for this month x

Sorry to hear that. It's terrible when we get our hopes up and I always feel worse at this time of year too.
    Good luck for this month x

Thanks! Hope your doing ok! I was realistic enough or tried to be so wasn't as bad as other months. Back to my consultant on Tuesday anyway probably to go on clomid or the like.

Nerd Queen wrote: »

As sorry to hear Nerd Queen, its horrible every month every little symptom and your thinking wow could this be our month. Its a horrible feeling when AF shows up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,179 ✭✭✭✭fits

Sorry to hear that nerd queen.

The time I had spotting it was the day my period was due and it was unusually pink. I thought it was period but nope.

Thanks all. We’ll just have to go again next month. Getting very frustrated after 3 years so trying to focus on the positives right now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Nerd Queen wrote: »
    Thanks all. We’ll just have to go again next month. Getting very frustrated after 3 years so trying to focus on the positives right now!

Totally understandable. At least you know you're seeing your consultant and will be doing something to hopefully help. I really hope the Clomid works for you.

Thanks guys! Had a really weird period for me so glad I’ll be in the consultants soon!

Totally understandable. At least you know you're seeing your consultant and will be doing something to hopefully help. I really hope the Clomid works for you.

No Clomid for me - more wait and see for the next 3 months. Consultant seems confident - I'm less so. Lining looked a bit thin so back in 3 months to check that out. Starting acupuncture this weekend so let's hope something just clicks. Wishing everyone the best at this time of year with baby dust to all.

Heard the good news of a long termer ttc got her positive recently. Puts it down to her new acupuncture, no sugar and no alcohol approach. Would love to be so disciplined. I've tried the acupuncture but didn't work for me...

Heard the good news of a long termer ttc got her positive recently. Puts it down to her new acupuncture, no sugar and no alcohol approach. Would love to be so disciplined. I've tried the acupuncture but didn't work for me...

I've tried my best to cut back on alcohol and have mostly succedded - not a big drinker anyway. Just at this time of year its impossible to avoid - i could not drink and will do it at a number of events but sometimes you just need to let loose. As for sugar - I'm trying..... but damn its tough. Hoping the accupuncture will help. Thanks for the update though GaGa21 always good to hear. Sorry to hear the accupuncture didn't work for you.

Nerd Queen wrote:
    I've tried my best to cut back on alcohol and have mostly succedded - not a big drinker anyway. Just at this time of year its impossible to avoid - i could not drink and will do it at a number of events but sometimes you just need to let loose. As for sugar - I'm trying..... but damn its tough. Hoping the accupuncture will help. Thanks for the update though GaGa21 always good to hear. Sorry to hear the accupuncture didn't work for you.

I could cut out the drink no problem....well maybe after Xmas! But the sugar is what I couldn't do. Have such a sweet tooth!
    Best of luck with the acupuncture, hope it does help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Hi folks.

After 1 mc and 1 ectopic and God knows how many years ttc were thinking of taking Mrs out of the workplace to concentrate on health and stress relief etc. She's been developing unprecedented migraines and tension headaches and our situation just seems to get worse. It's a bold move and lots of money to be lost but we can make it work and TBH I don't want this to be the one thing we didn't try.

What do you think? Is it overkill?

bilbot79 wrote:
    After 1 mc and 1 ectopic and God knows how many years ttc were thinking of taking Mrs out of the workplace to concentrate on health and stress relief etc. She's been developing unprecedented migraines and tension headaches and our situation just seems to get worse. It's a bold move and lots of money to be lost but we can make it work and TBH I don't want this to be the one thing we didn't try.

I suppose there are pros and cons to it.
    Pros being well rested, focused on nutrition and exercise, time for ivf(if applicable), acupuncture and counselling appointments.
    Cons being TOO focused on ttc, higher stress levels if not successful, her mental health from feeling isolated. If it doesn't happen, will she even feel able to return to work afterwards and the financial implications that will incur.
    I personally wouldn't give it up altogether as I would need a focus/distraction other than ttc. What about keeping part time hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭bilbot79

I hear you about the reduced hours but we we're thinking the reality would be a heavier workload with half the time.

I feel like we're at the stage where extreme circumstances call for extreme measures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fingersandtoes

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Hi folks.

What do you think? Is it overkill?

I understand where you are coming from. My penny's worth is to go for it. I completely understand what you mean when you say that you dont want it to be the one thing you didn't try.
    A few thoughts
    * Would it be a huge pressure on you as a male feeling you have to financially provide, do extra hours, take on extra roles for more pay?
    * Could Mrs. B get signed off sick leave, take a career break, leave of absence or something instead of giving her job up completely
    * Mentally, if it was me I'd find the days long at home. I'd have to much time to over think stuff. Could she join a library/ local group for stuff to do during the day like a walking group,book club, craft class anything at all to get out of the house?
    * I've had 5 IUIs and one IVF. I worked throughout the IUIs from first day of period to the dreaded result. I went sick from first day of my period with the IVF until after the awful result. All BFN but I did feel for myself being off work was much easier on my mental health.

Have you both spoken to a GP about this, tryed acupuncture?
    Whatever you both decide stay strong and look after yourselves and your relationship together

Advertisement