Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pixel 3 thread, featuring 'The Notch'

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This is where the regret will really set in. Everyone will be getting them before the end of the week and I'll be listening to excuses from Vodafone til the middle of the month because I wouldn't stump up to Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

Same Happy days ðŸ‘
    Nolimits wrote: »
    Just got a text from DHL to say they have a package from Google that should arrive tomorrow, no mail from Google which is a bit strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

Fingers crossed mate and hope Vodafone stick to there word.
    Patww79 wrote: »
    This is where the regret will really set in. Everyone will be getting them before the end of the week and I'll be listening to excuses from Vodafone til the middle of the month because I wouldn't stump up to Google.

JKGT wrote: »
    Fingers crossed mate and hope Vodafone stick to there word.

Has to be a first time for everything I suppose :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭micks_address

Just got a text from DHL to say they have a package from Google that should arrive tomorrow, no mail from Google which is a bit strange.

Be nice to get your opinions on it

• Advertisement

Vodafone are showing stock of the black of both sizes on the website but nothing else. It's criminal that you can't cancel an order that hasn't been shipped and you have to rely on the whim of the staff for the 14 day thing.

_

• Registered Users Posts: 35 PDiddy87

Are any Vodafone stores carrying stock today I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Vodafone are showing stock of the black of both sizes on the website but nothing else. It's criminal that you can't cancel an order that hasn't been shipped and you have to rely on the whim of the staff for the 14 day thing.

_

If you buy in store, the 14 day return only applies if it is a re-saleable condition. It's not on the whim of staff, you'll just be flat out denied a refund if you tried to return it already opened from the box.

AngryLips wrote: »
    If you buy in store, the 14 day return only applies if it is a re-saleable condition. It's not on the whim of staff, you'll just be flat out denied a refund if you tried to return it already opened from the box.

I ordered online for pickup in store. So you can't open it at all if you want to use the cooling off period? That conflicts with what I've heard before but it's good to know and not a big deal if it can just be picked up and handed straight back.

I ordered online for pickup in store. So you can't open it at all if you want to use the cooling off period? That conflicts with what I've heard before but it's good to know and not a big deal if it can just be picked up and handed straight back.

Oh sorry, I misunderstood, I thought you were buying in store. In that situation I don't really know, but the return would be handled by their contact centre not the store.

• Advertisement

Oh sorry, I misunderstood, I thought you were buying in store. In that situation I don't really know, but the return would be handled by their contact centre not the store.

Cheers. I was going to ring them for the procedure and rules but I'd rather have it somewhere written down so they can't back out. Basically I want to order one from Google today and I don't want to be left with two of them. I've no intention of opening or using the Vodafone one but it's still all very grey.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭theintern

Curious to see when people get them in hand from Vodafone if they have any ****e put on them or are they just like the Google one.

PDiddy87 wrote: »
    Are any Vodafone stores carrying stock today I wonder?

Just asked a friend who works there. Apparently they're not selling them until tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 PDiddy87

Just asked a friend who works there. Apparently they're not selling them until tomorrow.

Cheers Dude. That’s good intel!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Pixel 3xl arrived a half hour ago :D

But I work nights and the delivery woke me up, and kept me up :mad:

Still, it arrived :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Ordered two, a white and black from VF. The black was dispatched yesterday, in work so not sure if its delivered.

White still says due for dispatch.

dan786 wrote: »
    Ordered two, a white and black from VF. The black was dispatched yesterday, in work so not sure if its delivered.

White still says due for dispatch.

That's what it is looking like on their website too. They seem to have black 64GB only. No 128, no white, no pink.

That's what it is looking like on their website too. They seem to have black 64GB only. No 128, no white, no pink.

Yeah black 64gb is the one, checked and yes it was delivered this morning. But not out of work till 8.

Anyone else get theirs from Vodafone today? Is it unlocked? Might not keep it otherwise as have a Note 9 and might change to Mate 20 instead of Pixel

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭notcarlos

I contacted Vodafone support there about my 128 GB Pixel 3 Not Pink pre order and this is what they told me:

I have checked the status of your order and it would appear that this is currently being packed by our warehouse. Your handset should be with you no later than 6pm on Monday the 5th of November.

Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Kobe

Got my Pixel 3 non XL Just Black 2 hours ago. Great screen (lucky because I heard horror stories on Reddit). Good speakers, still think it is not as good as my Nexus 6. Haven't got chance to test the camera, call quality, and others things yet. What phone case are you guys getting? I have the transparent Ringke Fusion.

I also ordered Pixel stand just yesterday and it came today together with the phone.

Kobe wrote: »
    Got my Pixel 3 non XL Just Black 2 hours ago. Great screen (lucky because I heard horror stories on Reddit). Good speakers, still think it is not as good as my Nexus 6. Haven't got chance to test the camera, call quality, and others things yet. What phone case are you guys getting? I have the transparent Ringke Fusion.

I also ordered Pixel stand just yesterday and it came today together with the phone.

I'm using Google fabric case and like it

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Kobe

Does anyone know how to activate the free 6 months YouTube Music Premium/Google Play Music Premium that they advertise?

Also one things, if I saw a Belkin 10w Wireless Charger at Argos that looks the same with the one of the only "Made for Google" fast wireless charger. I think that is an older version that will only slow charge Pixel 3 phones. Don't get that if you want it to fast charge your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Just an FYI. I'm with Virgin, when I put in my sim I got a message to visit a site for the apn settings which gave me a list of phones and manufacturers to choose from, the pixel wasn't there and right now I have no mobile internet. I've sent them a tweet about it.

Kobe wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to activate the free 6 months YouTube Music Premium/Google Play Music Premium that they advertise?

Also one things, if I saw a Belkin 10w Wireless Charger at Argos that looks the same with the one of the only "Made for Google" fast wireless charger. I think that is an older version that will only slow charge Pixel 3 phones. Don't get that if you want it to fast charge your phone.

Just open the app and you will get an email..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Just an FYI. I'm with Virgin, when I put in my sim I got a message to visit a site for the apn settings which gave me a list of phones and manufacturers to choose from, the pixel wasn't there and right now I have no mobile internet. I've sent them a tweet about it.

You can just use another phones one, thje only difference between them all is the steps to get to the actual area to input the APN iirc. I used the HTC one when i was setting up my pixel 2 when I was on virgin for a while.

You can just use another phones one, thje only difference between them all is the steps to get to the actual area to input the APN iirc. I used the HTC one when i was setting up my pixel 2 when I was on virgin for a while.

Yeah, it worked fine using another phone. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭theintern

dan786 wrote: »
    Anyone else get theirs from Vodafone today? Is it unlocked? Might not keep it otherwise as have a Note 9 and might change to Mate 20 instead of Pixel

I'd love to know this too, I've been waiting to order from Vodafone till someone checks.

It'd be great if someone could check the bootloader status too, if unlocking can be enabled from the developer options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Mine arrived about an hour ago. Moving from a Nexus 6P to a 3XL so size wise is no difference. The notch inst bothering me either.
    Does anyone know how to activate the call screening AI or is this something not available in Ireland yet?

Advertisement