Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pixel 3 thread, featuring 'The Notch'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

I had a delivery window from 30th Oct-1st Nov it's now saying it's been delayed.

Has anyone in this thread received there 3xl or stand yet that has pre ordered from the Irish Google store?

Just looking on the Google store now at pre orders and it's showing a ship date of Nov 5th.
    JKGT wrote: »
    I had a delivery window from 30th Oct-1st Nov it's now saying it's been delayed.

Has anyone in this thread received there 3xl or stand yet that has pre ordered from the Irish Google store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Just looking on the Google store now at pre orders and it's showing a ship date of Nov 5th.

I'm Vodafone so expecting it around mid November but I've the stand ordered from Google and haven't a single update at all. Still showing delivery 2-5 Nov.

That date is sounding more realistic as initially my pre orders were dated around 5th Nov but they brought the dates forward for some strange reason.
    Patww79 wrote: »
    I'm Vodafone so expecting it around mid November but I've the stand ordered from Google and haven't a single update at all. Still showing delivery 2-5 Nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭notcarlos

Ugh I have upcoming trip. I need it before November 5. Vodafone rep said it will be shipped by 31st. We will see tomorrow. I already have a case and screen protector, 19 eur on amazon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Nolimits

My pixel 3xl still says delivery between the 2nd and 6th of November and its never changed from that. Google took the money a few days ago, if it's not going to be delivered during that time it would be nice to have an update from them.

Have they actually taken your payment or is it just payment pending? Mines been on hold or payment pending the past few days. I think they ping your account to make sure the funds are there.
    Nolimits wrote: »
    My pixel 3xl still says delivery between the 2nd and 6th of November and its never changed from that. Google took the money a few days ago, if it's not going to be delivered during that time it would be nice to have an update from them.

Have they actually taken your payment or is it just payment pending? Mines been on hold or payment pending the past few days. I think they ping your account to make sure the funds are there.

You're right it's just pending, I just noticed it had gone from my account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

The hold on my card has been lifted, which is weird. Google Store now says "Your delivery was delayed. We're working to get it to you soon and will email you when it's on its way."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,506 ✭✭✭micks_address

i wonder if they sold more in the US than anticipated and delaying the European release? Is there any site which outlines sales of different phones? id be curious to see how many pixels are sold version galaxies or huaweis?

• Advertisement

i wonder if they sold more in the US than anticipated and delaying the European release? Is there any site which outlines sales of different phones? id be curious to see how many pixels are sold version galaxies or huaweis?

I wouldn't expect that to be a problem, they would usually be slightly tweeked models as the US uses different bands for the likes of 4g.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Kobe

I chatted with "Google Store Expert" about my order, got no new information really. He says a few orders are delayed due to high demand and other factors. He told me to wait till the end of today or till 2nd of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,506 ✭✭✭micks_address

I wouldn't expect that to be a problem, they would usually be slightly tweeked models as the US uses different bands for the likes of 4g.
    Same hardware worldwide I think..my US bought one works fine for LTE etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Same hardware worldwide I think..my US bought one works fine for LTE etc

Unlikely, it's more likely a case that your device supports some GSM band that your provider uses but not all of them.

Kobe wrote: »
    I chatted with "Google Store Expert" about my order, got no new information really. He says a few orders are delayed due to high demand and other factors. He told me to wait till the end of today or till 2nd of November.

I couldn't see there being that high a demand, it's expensive and was widely panned.

Yeah I got the same crap from them yesterday no matter what Google always seem to feck up the pre orders for a lot of people. I also had a case ordered since the 13th of Oct and I got a delayed notice for that as well, so when I rang up yesterday they told me "that was cancelled" em wtf no notice or emails nothing from them.
    Kobe wrote: »

Yeah I got the same crap from them yesterday no matter what Google always seem to feck up the pre orders for a lot of people. I also had a case ordered since the 13th of Oct and I got a delayed notice for that as well, so when I rang up yesterday they told me "that was cancelled" em wtf no notice or emails nothing from them.

They cancelled an order the Mrs made for a case for my Pixel 2 that she's getting when I get my 3XL (for "suspicious activity") and haven't replied to any correspondence since.

Yeah it's not actually a good enough response from them is it? I'm hammering them now with emails complaining like a c**t lol
    Patww79 wrote: »
    They cancelled an order the Mrs made for a case for my Pixel 2 that she's getting when I get my 3XL (for "suspicious activity") and haven't replied to any correspondence since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Reading a few posts on Reddit and there are delays in North America too so not confined to Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭notcarlos

They still saying it will be delivered tomorrow. Lol

• Advertisement

Just got a dispatched email from Google store for 3xl and stand 😲. Check your emails

Delivery estimate 01-05 Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Kobe

Mine just dispatched too! same time frame too. The DHL shipment tracking doesn't work yet though.

Just got a dispatched email from Google store for 3xl and stand 😲. Check your emails

Delivery estimate 01-05 Nov

What was your original estimate date?

Think it was 05-08 Nov and then they brought the dates forward to 30th Oct to 01 Nov
    What was your original estimate date?

Think it was 05-08 Nov and then they brought the dates forward to 30th Oct to 01 Nov

Damn. I've always been 2nd to 6th. I wonder if yours shipped first because you also bought the wireless charger

My stands have shipped too.

I can't imagine that to be a reason for holding orders back, what date did you order?, I was within the first hour of them going live on the 9th oct.
    Damn. I've always been 2nd to 6th. I wonder if yours shipped first because you also bought the wireless charger

I can't imagine that to be a reason for holding orders back, what date did you order?, I was within the first hour of them going live on the 9th oct.

20:43 on the 9th according to my email from Google. It's strange if you ordered before me that you had an original delivery date of after me though obviously only right that yours shipped first.

Weird alright I had to go back and make sure my original estimate was 05-07 Nov actually.but that's still after your estimate.
    20:43 on the 9th according to my email from Google. It's strange if you ordered before me that you had an original delivery date of after me though obviously only right that yours shipped first.

• Advertisement

Just got a text from DHL to say they have a package from Google that should arrive tomorrow, no mail from Google which is a bit strange.

Advertisement