Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pixel 3 thread, featuring 'The Notch'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭micks_address

Patww79 wrote: »
    Only available in the US at the moment, should be coming to other region's...can't think of others that aren't

I'd say it's one that we won't ever see. There's not even an Irish assistant voice after years, though hopefully them selling them here will see more features without workarounds.
    i thought they had added an irish voice as google home was released officially in ireland few months ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

theintern wrote: »
    So has anyone had delivery of a phone from Vodafone in the last couple of days or is it just people who have picked them up in the shops? I assume they've only sent out black ones?

I have, black 64GB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

The headphones are surprisingly good I found.

The headphones are surprisingly good I found.

Yeah they not bad at all. Ordered the pixel stand today

Yeah they not bad at all. Ordered the pixel stand today

It doesn't do a big pile. It's a handy photo frame though if I could figure out how to edit the album's it displays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

It doesn't do a big pile. It's a handy photo frame though if I could figure out how to edit the album's it displays.

You eventually got your 3xl then?

You eventually got your 3xl then?

Ordered one off Google on Tuesday evening and got it lunchtime yesterday. Those other fúckabout merchants at Vodafone have just stopped acknowledging people.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

How are people managing with the memory issues, or are you even seeing any? I've seen a lot of stuff saying that the 4GB of ram is causing background apps to be shut down, including listen to Spotify/Podcasts when doing other stuff on the phone.

How are people managing with the memory issues, or are you even seeing any? I've seen a lot of stuff saying that the 4GB of ram is causing background apps to be shut down, including listen to Spotify/Podcasts when doing other stuff on the phone.

honestly doesnt in the slightest impact my usgage.. i havent had any app killed while using.. and i don't sit and open app after app waiting for reloads.. apparently google have acknowledged the issue and are going to include an update in the near future.. people are moaning about 4gb but the iphone manages fine on it.. i havent had any issues with the phone really.. the one slight niggle i have is that when using with android auto in the car it slow charges instead of fast charges. Its not major but my one plus phones used to fast charge in the same scenario which meant the phone got its top up during my daily commute and i never really needed to charge overnight..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭AngryLips

people are moaning about 4gb but the iphone manages fine on it

I haven't had an issue either. Honestly, I don't understand why people think they need more than 4GB on a phone ...like what are you planning to use it for to need more?

• Advertisement

Hasn't been long but haven't noticed an issue at all so far.

AngryLips wrote: »
    I haven't had an issue either. Honestly, I don't understand why people think they need more than 4GB on a phone ...like what are you planning to use it for to need more?

well i suppose more doesnt hurt right? When other phones have 8gb it does seem like a deficiency in spec... but real world doesnt seem to impact.. i guess being the fastest isn' always the best.. i describe the pixel 3xl as delightfully boring as a phone.. it does everything really well... oh the one thing i do kinda miss is faceunlock.. surely with the dual front cameras they could do something fancy... i have a suspicion we might see something in coming months..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

well i suppose more doesnt hurt right? When other phones have 8gb it does seem like a deficiency in spec... but real world doesnt seem to impact.. i guess being the fastest isn' always the best.. i describe the pixel 3xl as delightfully boring as a phone.. it does everything really well... oh the one thing i do kinda miss is faceunlock.. surely with the dual front cameras they could do something fancy... i have a suspicion we might see something in coming months..

Eye watering price for a boring phone.:D

Ordered one off Google on Tuesday evening and got it lunchtime yesterday. Those other fúckabout merchants at Vodafone have just stopped acknowledging people.

One day postage? My charge stand was posted this morning. Wonder might I have it tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

One day postage? My charge stand was posted this morning. Wonder might I have it tomorrow?

You will, it arrives by DHL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Well just off the chat with Google Support. Asked about their support should I buy it off Vodafone in the future and its great news, don't have to go to vodafone at all! I knew this was the case in the UK at least but just wanted to confirm its the same over here.

Ollie5:42 pm
    Yes of course, it does not matter to us if you have purchased it from a third party retailers, we will still support you with issues and worries, or any questions you might have.

It's early days but I'm finding the battery to be very good, definitely more than adequate for what I need. Purposely didn't plug it in navigating on Android Auto for nearly two hours today to see how it fared and I'm on 29% remaining with 5½ hours of screen time since morning.

It's early days but I'm finding the battery to be very good, definitely more than adequate for what I need. Purposely didn't plug it in navigating on Android Auto for nearly two hours today to see how it fared and I'm on 29% remaining with 5½ hours of screen time since morning.

I've found the battery improves over a week or so. Could be just the new phone novelty wearing off ... Does yours fast charge on android auto?

Oh wait... You are not connected to Android Auto head unit?

Well just off the chat with Google Support. Asked about their support should I buy it off Vodafone in the future and its great news, don't have to go to vodafone at all! I knew this was the case in the UK at least but just wanted to confirm its the same over here.

Yes of course, it does not matter to us if you have purchased it from a third party retailers, we will still support you with issues and worries, or any questions you might have.

Good news for me to having bought mine in the US on Verizon 😅

I've found the battery improves over a week or so. Could be just the new phone novelty wearing off ... Does yours fast charge on android auto?

Oh wait... You are not connected to Android Auto head unit?

No I just use the app on the phone (it's a mess but the best option still without a head unit) and I've a wireless charging windscreen holder that I just plugged out for today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 PDiddy87

Has anyone experienced an issue with regard to the sensitivity of the screen? I find myself tapping hyperlinks and stuff and links not opening on the first go. There seems to be a sweet spot very slightly above where'd I'd instinctively press. I'm coming from years of using iPhones so maybe its something I need to get use to? Its not terrible but at times I'm tapping the screen.

PDiddy87 wrote: »
    Has anyone experienced an issue with regard to the sensitivity of the screen? I find myself tapping hyperlinks and stuff and links not opening on the first go. There seems to be a sweet spot very slightly above where'd I'd instinctively press. I'm coming from years of using iPhones so maybe its something I need to get use to? Its not terrible but at times I'm tapping the screen.

No... Have you a screen protector? I put an ultimate shield tempered glass on and it only had adhesive on the edges and played havoc with touch sensitivity. Had to remove

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭theintern

The only difference will be that if you need a repair/replacement, you'll have to send it to them first. They won't do the thing where they'll send you out the phone before you send yours back.

That can be a godsend if the issue you have isn't completely critical so you can use your broken phone until the new one arrives and you're not phone-less for any length of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 PDiddy87

No... Have you a screen protector? I put an ultimate shield tempered glass on and it only had adhesive on the edges and played havoc with touch sensitivity. Had to remove

no screen protector yet. In-fairness it might be my finger. Its ever so slight and I'm use to force touch and stuff from my iPhone so it may be me!

On the subject on screen protectors, does anyone have any recommendations?

PDiddy87 wrote: »
    no screen protector yet. In-fairness it might be my finger. Its ever so slight and I'm use to force touch and stuff from my iPhone so it may be me!

On the subject on screen protectors, does anyone have any recommendations?

Its pricey but the lads in be cool in jervis centre have a clear plastic one they fitted for me.. almost feels like glass... im pure paranoid re scratches.. which is daft cause i always end up selling my phones on for someone else to enjoy their pristine condition.. i also got them to put a protector on the back... even though i have it in a case :)

Charging stand came today... pretty sweet delivery timeframe.. its a bit like ronseal... does what it says on the tin.. the photo frame functionality is a bit meh... curious to check out the sunrise alarm to see if its gentler.. guess it be handy to be able to throw on the stand at night instead of fumbling in the dark for a cable

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

How much is pricey Mick?
    Its pricey but the lads in be cool in jervis centre have a clear plastic one they fitted for me.. almost feels like glass... im pure paranoid re scratches.. which is daft cause i always end up selling my phones on for someone else to enjoy their pristine condition.. i also got them to put a protector on the back... even though i have it in a case :)

JKGT wrote: »
    How much is pricey Mick?

well i got the front and back done and i think it was 50 euro.. probably 30 for just the front.. they fit them impeccably well though...

Anyone charge their pixel 3 xl on the wireless stand?

I've noticed the back of the phone warm after using. Normal?
    Thanks,
    Mick

• Advertisement

Anyone charge their pixel 3 xl on the wireless stand?

I've noticed the back of the phone warm after using. Normal?
    Thanks,
    Mick

Not noticed any excessive heat after using mine anyway. Bit warm but no more so than my S7 or S8 used to get.

Advertisement