Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pixel 3 thread, featuring 'The Notch'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭henke

Patww79 wrote: »
    Is there a Vodafone logo on the back or a splash screen on startup?

Or any Vodafone apps installed by default?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ImportMeHappy

No logo on start-up (or shutdown), my Vodafone was installed but it throws an error on start-up so I just uninstalled it. No branding anywhere that I can see, seems clear of Vodafone muck.I've some old htc apps that won't uninstall though! (Ported from a htc 10 on three)
    Phone is great, love it so far, camera is really something and the identify background music is cool

For anyone new to Pie takes a little bit of practice to make the most of the new gestures, this site has a quick overview ..
    https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/use-new-multitasking-gestures-android-9-0-pie-0184179/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

No logo on start-up (or shutdown), my Vodafone was installed but it throws an error on start-up so I just uninstalled it. No branding anywhere that I can see, seems clear of Vodafone muck.I've some old htc apps that won't uninstall though! (Ported from a htc 10 on three)
    Phone is great, love it so far, camera is really something and the identify background music is cool

For anyone new to Pie takes a little bit of practice to make the most of the new gestures, this site has a quick overview ..
    https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/use-new-multitasking-gestures-android-9-0-pie-0184179/

Have you tried another sim to see if its Unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ImportMeHappy

dan786 wrote: »
    Have you tried another sim to see if its Unlocked?

No, don't have an active SIM from any other network

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Still none on display in Vodafone in Wilton anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭AngryLips

I'm hating the new volume control options, if you want to adjust anything other than call volume it brings you into settings :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 PDiddy87

notcarlos wrote: »
    Is that true? Is it PayG? If that is the case I might try to cancel my preorder and get one for 100 euro off. How much did you pay in the end. Can you test if it is unlocked to other networks

It's on a red connect plan, 60 euro a month for 24 months. 150 for the handset.

dan786 wrote: »
    Was this Prepay?

Also can you check if its unlocked? Also was it resealed by VF , with a sticker on the side of box saying Black?

It was resealed by Vodafone

There is quite a vibration from the speakers. Its not bad but it's noticable on the fingers while holding the back of the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭notcarlos

PDiddy87 wrote: »
    There is quite a vibration from the speakers. Its not bad but it's noticable on the fingers while holding the back of the phone.

Can you try if phone is working with other network sim. Please. You’ll do us a great favor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

One more working day and Vodafone can keep it. Nothing scalds my shîte more than pushed out delivery dates, especially when there's zero communication from the seller.

Can you try if phone is working with other network sim. Please. You’ll do us a great favor.

I had a 3 sim in it there. Data and calls worked perfectly. Looks like it's unlocked.

PDiddy87 wrote: »
    I had a 3 sim in it there. Data and calls worked perfectly. Looks like it's unlocked.

Great. That is good news lol. I don’t know when my 128 gb not pink will be shipped though

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭theintern

Has anyone got a white or not pink version from Vodafone? It seems like the different colours are taking longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭joedumper

PDiddy87
    I'm waiting on a pre-order of a white XL.   Vodafone chat said this morning that it should be delivered within 5 working days ... I'll believe it when I see it :getlost:

One more working day and Vodafone can keep it. Nothing scalds my shîte more than pushed out delivery dates, especially when there's zero communication from the seller.

I emailed vodafone about cancelling order if I won't receive it any sooner and this is their reply:

We're sorry about the delay. The team have advised that as there is an issue with your order and it will need to be cancelled. We're sorry for this inconvenience.

We'll confirm when the order has been cancelled.

----

Of course, I was just kidding about canceling it, so like I just emailed them back to cancel my cancel request :D

I emailed vodafone about cancelling order if I won't receive it any sooner and this is their reply:

We're sorry about the delay. The team have advised that as there is an issue with your order and it will need to be cancelled. We're sorry for this inconvenience.

We'll confirm when the order has been cancelled.

----

Of course, I was just kidding about canceling it, so like I just emailed them back to cancel my cancel request :D

Where did you email? The one with my order confirmation is from a no-reply address so I assume it's not monitored.

Cancelling would be perfect and I can order it from Google who are showing stock.

Where did you email? The one with my order confirmation is from a no-reply address so I assume it's not monitored.

Cancelling would be perfect and I can order it from Google who are showing stock.

I just sent them a message through their facebook page.

I just sent them a message through their facebook page.

So all the time, I was just waiting from nothing. Vodafone is beyond shocking. Unbelievable!

Vodafone: Unfortunately, as there is a technical issue with the order, the handset will not be dispatched. It will need to be cancelled so that the handset can be re ordered.

Me: What do you mean? Can it not be solved internally? You mean I should wait for it to be canceled, wait for the money to be reimbursed to my bank, then order again. This could take a month!

Vodafone: Yes unfortunately this is the case. We'll try and get this sorted for you as soon as possible.

----

Just a waste of time folks! waste of time

So all the time, I was just waiting from nothing. Vodafone is beyond shocking. Unbelievable!

Vodafone: Unfortunately, as there is a technical issue with the order, the handset will not be dispatched. It will need to be cancelled so that the handset can be re ordered.

Me: What do you mean? Can it not be solved internally? You mean I should wait for it to be canceled, wait for the money to be reimbursed to my bank, then order again. This could take a month!

Vodafone: Yes unfortunately this is the case. We'll try and get this sorted for you as soon as possible.

----

Just a waste of time folks! waste of time

Was the issue the phone not being black or something else?

• Advertisement

That is racist

Kidding aside. I think they have no supply. When you go to their website it says out of stock. You can not order anything other than black 64 GB variant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭micks_address

That is racist

Kidding aside. I think they have no supply. When you go to their website it says out of stock. You can not order anything other than black 64 GB variant.
    I'm completely racist but the colour makes no difference to me..it's in a case so I can't tell what colour it is

I'm completely racist but the colour makes no difference to me..it's in a case so I can't tell what colour it is

I don't really mind either, I just slightly preferred white and they were pre-ordering all at the same price. If they'd turned around and offered a black instead I'd probably have took it at this stage.

I don't really mind either, I just slightly preferred white and they were pre-ordering all at the same price. If they'd turned around and offered a black instead I'd probably have took it at this stage.

Why I like pixels

Why I like pixels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

Is Call Screening not available in Ireland? What other new Pixel 3 features aren't?

Is Call Screening not available in Ireland? What other new Pixel 3 features aren't?

Only available in the US at the moment, should be coming to other region's...can't think of others that aren't

Only available in the US at the moment, should be coming to other region's...can't think of others that aren't

I'd say it's one that we won't ever see. There's not even an Irish assistant voice after years, though hopefully them selling them here will see more features without workarounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭theintern

So has anyone had delivery of a phone from Vodafone in the last couple of days or is it just people who have picked them up in the shops? I assume they've only sent out black ones?

• Advertisement

theintern wrote: »
    So has anyone had delivery of a phone from Vodafone in the last couple of days or is it just people who have picked them up in the shops? I assume they've only sent out black ones?

Nothing for me. They won't give an ETA and they won't cancel.

Advertisement