Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pixel 3 thread, featuring 'The Notch'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Was none at the Vodafone store in Wilton in cork city yesterday anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭micks_address

notcarlos wrote: »
    Demo units are on display now in the UK. Is there any in Vodafone stores here in Ireland?

I think I spotted in Vodafone dundrum?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭notcarlos

Was none at the Vodafone store in Wilton in cork city yesterday anyway

That’s the vodafone store nearest me! Sucks then. Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

That’s the vodafone store nearest me! Sucks then. Haha.

Could always have gotten them in today! :P :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Been using one two weeks now and find it grand despite all the #gates going around at the moment. I alsoa rake of cases on the way and reviewed some already vids on the tube.

• Advertisement

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Been using one two weeks now and find it grand despite all the #gates going around at the moment. I alsoa rake of cases on the way and reviewed some already vids on the tube.

Yeah no issues here either with my 3xl. Easily best Android experience I've had and I've had quite a few. Nexus, htc 8, 10, one plus 5, 5t, Huawei p20 pro. Hoping I can keep this for at least a year. Jimy what case and screen protector so you recommend? I've Google fabric case and for Xtreme guard plastic protector fitted yesterday in becool in Jervis. I'd like a tempered glass but the ultimate shield i got destroyed touch sensitivity. Pity as the p20 pro version was full adhesive and perfect fit.

Going to pick up the charge stand for Xmas .

Cheers,
    Mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I've the stand coming too but God knows when it will. Same goes for the mnml case that's apparently coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

No place in limerick had them. Tried Three,Eir and Vodafone in the city and the Cresent SC and nope

Shn99 wrote: »
    No place in limerick had them. Tried Three,Eir and Vodafone in the city and the Cresent SC and nope

I think Vodafone are the only ones doing them anyway.

Yeah no issues here either with my 3xl. Easily best Android experience I've had and I've had quite a few. Nexus, htc 8, 10, one plus 5, 5t, Huawei p20 pro. Hoping I can keep this for at least a year. Jimy what case and screen protector so you recommend? I've Google fabric case and for Xtreme guard plastic protector fitted yesterday in becool in Jervis. I'd like a tempered glass but the ultimate shield i got destroyed touch sensitivity. Pity as the p20 pro version was full adhesive and perfect fit.

Going to pick up the charge stand for Xmas .

Cheers,
    Mick

I have the stand too and it charges really fast i am impressed. Currently I have gear 4 SPeck and two fabric cases all good I have these reviewed on you tube too, Gear 4 and Speck are good but i have several other known case brands sending me over some more cases this week.I tend to avoid screen protectors once I have a case with a decent lip aorund the top.

• Advertisement

I have the stand too and it charges really fast i am impressed. Currently I have gear 4 SPeck and two fabric cases all good I have these reviewed on you tube too, Gear 4 and Speck are good but i have several other known case brands sending me over some more cases this week.I tend to avoid screen protectors once I have a case with a decent lip aorund the top.

What's your YouTube channel?

What's your YouTube channel?

Should get me here https://youtu.be/oNQojcm8CmU

Have you reviewed the actual phone?

Patww79 wrote: »
    Have you reviewed the actual phone?

Rounding that up over this weekend actually, I dont review phone in a week or just days you need to use it fully load it up with apps images etc etc to get a good oversight of how performance is over a real usage period. I never buy into reviews either after one or two days which we see too often

Rounding that up over this weekend actually, I dont review phone in a week or just days you need to use it fully load it up with apps images etc etc to get a good oversight of how performance is over a real usage period. I never buy into reviews either after one or two days which we see too often

Interested in your opinion on the ram management. Doesn't seem to be affecting my use of the phone but a lot of people complaining about it

Interested in your opinion on the ram management. Doesn't seem to be affecting my use of the phone but a lot of people complaining about it

Once I heard people say it's like the Pixel 2 then I wasn't worried about it any more as I've been running P for ages on the 2 and never found it an issue. If the 3 is the same then happy days, even if it does fail some lap tests.

I have had no issues this seems to be sporadic and is down to optimisation which can be managed and ones choice off apps being rescource hogs really.. Typically I have around 20 apps on my phone and many of them idle. one thing i have oddly encountered is the auto rotate either not working or lagging.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Ghostswimmer

For those that have it, is there a lip on the fabric case that would protect screen when face down? I can’t make out on photos.

Thanks

If they're like one ones for the Pixel 2 then there's a fairly substantial lip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Google have taken the money for my 3xl

• Advertisement

For those that have it, is there a lip on the fabric case that would protect screen when face down? I can’t make out on photos.

Thanks

Its very slight if there is. From looking there now id say no. Maybe the corners are ever so slightly raised

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Ghostswimmer

Thanks folks.

Moving to android for first time in nearly 8 years and wanted to keep as minimal as possible. The Apple covers have a small lip that protects screen from contact with surface and hoped the Google fabric covers did same. Saw Bellroy ones which seem to have bigger lip but just don’t seem as nice as a fabric one on my upcoming black 3XL.

I bought one of these as I can't seem to find any info for my mnml order.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HVT5FV4/

No Pixel 3 displays on Vodafone stores yet, at least here in Wilton Cork.

None in the Crescent either.

None in the Crescent either.

I have pre ordered mine. Eager to see changes tomorrow to tracking

I have pre ordered mine. Eager to see changes tomorrow to tracking

I'd say you'll be lucky. Haven't they all been pushed back a couple of weeks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

I'd say you'll be lucky. Haven't they all been pushed back a couple of weeks?

My case & pixel stand are due 30-31 October from the Google Store, but given today is the 30th and it hasn't shipped yet, I don't hold much hope for that accuracy!

My actual handset (Pixel 3) was pre-ordered from Vodafone, so lord knows when that'll turn up

My case & pixel stand are due 30-31 October from the Google Store, but given today is the 30th and it hasn't shipped yet, I don't hold much hope for that accuracy!

My actual handset (Pixel 3) was pre-ordered from Vodafone, so lord knows when that'll turn up

I'm not sure, but you'd have to imagine Google will ship before any of the Vodafone ones do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭theintern

I'm not sure, but you'd have to imagine Google will ship before any of the Vodafone ones do.

On twitter they've said they'll ship on the 31st, but we'll see about that.

Advertisement