Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours Presidential Election Poll

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,292 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

This is beyond ridiculous at this stage.

Local elections
    National elections
    European elections.
    At least every 5 years.

These types of posts are laughable if they weren't also supported by claims that "everyone thinks this way".
    99% of the gardai are voting for Casey havent you seen the statistics on the threads here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

dudara wrote: »
    Cast my vote for MDH this morning and happy to have done so. He’s served Ireland well the past seven years, and I’m happy to see him continue.

Any examples???

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

They were the result of 30 years of hard campaigning with the media pushing it in particular, in the last 10 years.

Should people have to wait another 30 years for today's issues to be dealt with?

But I thought this present issue was around for years and years and years.....

So, you suggested that it needed a presidential candidate to air an issue to draw attention to it. I would go far as to say that if the only time an issue is raised to the national discussion level is when a president says it, it's not actually a national issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Any examples???

Sure wasn't there a lovely photo of him queueing for an ATM? What more do you want?

Any examples???

Well, yes. But you do have to open your eyes to see them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

You still don't get it. PC winning is not the victory people are after, it's the change in conversation that they want.

People want to be listened to, not talked down to and be told you can't be having those bad thoughts, let almost say them out aloud, even if they are their own experiences.

Frankie Boyle - "For a generation people in Britain have been told to be less repressed and open up about their feelings, and now they finally have the confidence to tell us how racist they are"

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Shop40

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I'm voting against welfare sheets, burglars and trespassers. Casey #1
    Spot on. I voted Casey no 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

You still don't get it. PC winning is not the victory people are after, it's the change in conversation that they want.

People want to be listened to, not talked down to and be told you can't be having those bad thoughts, let almost say them out aloud, even if they are their own experiences.

Couldn’t agree more. There is a hierarchy of victims.
    If you are a victim of certain types of crime there are supports and sympathy and condemnation of the perpetrators.
    If you are the victim of traveler crime there is victim shaming and name calling.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

But I thought this present issue was around for years and years and years.....

So, you suggested that it needed a presidential candidate to air an issue to draw attention to it. I would go far as to say that if the only time an issue is raised to the national discussion level is when a president says it, it's not actually a national issue.
    It's because you are not allowed to talk about it. It's because when politicians do try to raise objections on behalf of constituents they can't say out aloud the real reason, but hide behind spurious reasons like flooding.

So yeah, when a presidential candidate says it it's different. It's not just some politician saying it in a provincial backwater but someone speaking to the whole country, and it has to be reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Frankie Boyle - "For a generation people in Britain have been told to be less repressed and open up about their feelings, and now they finally have the confidence to tell us how racist they are"

He's a brutal comedian!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

If by some miracle Casey wins this the bookies are going to get clobbered.

It's because you are not allowed to talk about it. It's because when politicians do try to raise objections on behalf of constituents they can't say out aloud the real reason, but hide behind spurious reasons like flooding.

Can you please back up this statement with evidence. I'm particularly interested in flooding........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Fann Linn wrote: »
    He's a brutal comedian!

Half right in your assessment there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

It's possible that Casey's remarks may drive turnout up - the silly idea that Casey is really challenging may get decent people to actually go out and vote rather than stay home confident that MDH has it in the bag.

Yea, the thought of the free money ending will no doubt spur the welfare frauds out of bed or off the couch to go vote in favour of the status quo.

Of course by doing so, Casey will have provoked more effort out of them than all the welfare payments ever managed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

It's possible that Casey's remarks may drive turnout up - the silly idea that Casey is really challenging may get decent people to actually go out and vote rather than stay home confident that MDH has it in the bag.

Yea, the thought of the free money ending will no doubt spur the welfare frauds out of bed or off the couch to go vote in favour of the status quo.

Of course by doing so, Casey will have provoked more effort out of them than all the welfare payments ever managed

Yeah, when are people going to understand that the president has no power and couldn't do anything you just said?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Coolfresian

Let's give Leo his message today in the strongest possible way. Vote Casey no.1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

dav3 wrote: »
    I was going to vote Casey, but decided to place him 6th on the ballot paper as a protest vote against the echo chamber of after hours. How could anybody for for someone who hates Ireland and Irish people as much as Casey does? Everyone I know, including dead people, agree with me.

Let me know if I'm doing this right lads.

As expected, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,666 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Vote cast for Casey this morning.
    All aboard the Casey deplorable train
    #MIGA

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

gmisk wrote: »
    99% of the gardai are voting for Casey havent you seen the statistics on the threads here!
    I’m with the Gardai on this . great knowing I’m on the side of law and order .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

troyzer wrote: »
    Yeah, when are people going to understand that the president has no power and couldn't do anything you just said?

What's the point in voting for anyone so if that's the attitude? People are aware of how limited the power the President has is, however still believe in voting for a candidate who's views align closest with their own. For many, that means a candidate who opposes welfare frauds

• Advertisement

Let's give Leo his message today in the strongest possible way. Vote Casey no.1
    Its an Opportunity to tell the Political and Media establishment that we the Irish people will decide what TRUTH is and not them .

Casey ; Number 1

Do not let this opportunity go to waste .

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mieletech

I voted Casey no 1 at 7.02am.i've never been as motivated for an election.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

ELM327 wrote: »
    Vote cast for Casey this morning.
    All aboard the Casey deplorable train
    #MIGA

The caseyites thanking this should perhaps be aware that ELM really is a Trump supporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

blinding wrote: »
    Its an Opportunity to tell the Political and Media establishment that we the Irish people will decide what TRUTH is and not them .
    Interesting take.

Surely the truth is immutable and not something that anyone "decides"?

Or are you one of those people?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

What's the point in voting for anyone so if that's the attitude? People are aware of how limited the power the President has is, however still believe in voting for a candidate who's views align closest with their own. For many, that means a candidate who opposes welfare frauds

perfectly put .

Its been said many times on the thread but the anti casey mob just dont get it or are being awkward on purpose.

although i'd go further it not just welfare fraud but the welfare largesse in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,666 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

The caseyites thanking this should perhaps be aware that ELM really is a Trump supporter.
    Everyone is aware of that, I'm no shrinking violet,
    And even if I was, little shall we say "apple for the teacher"s like you and your ilk follow me from thread to thread to remind everyone.

Do you just watch me, or?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

perfectly put .

Its been said many times on the thread but the anti casey mob just dont get it or are being awkward on purpose.
    How did that vote for Dana work out for you? :p

9iJMhit.png

mieletech wrote: »
    I voted Casey no 1 at 7.02am.i've never been as motivated for an election.
    Excellent Vote . Well done .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭omega man

Slow turnout reported so far.

Get out and vote Casey!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

seamus wrote: »
    How did that vote for Dana work out for you? :p

LOL...
    was grand....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement