Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours Presidential Election Poll

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

Kivaro wrote: »
    RTE and other Irish liberal media outlets will make up excuses for the Casey vote; they may even call us bigots and racists ................ BUT WE DON'T CARE.

All caps really does illustrate how little you care. I am most convinced.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Everyone I know voted Casey. And half of it is a bit of a laugh, but it’s actually not that funny. The way this country is being run and if you don’t agree with the left has gone too far. Shouted down. Don’t have an opinion unless it’s our. Cancer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭emo72

I'm working in a shop today, got talking to a few people and they were voting Casey. Looks like he's going to do much better than anyone expected.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

Casey himself was the only candidate with a sense of humour. The only one you could see yourself having a pint with. Not a reason to vote for him but just a good quality to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,668 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

emo72 wrote: »
    I'm working in a shop today, got talking to a few people and they were voting Casey. Looks like he's going to do much better than anyone expected.

OMG they are saying it in a shop??? :eek::eek:

It is odds on going to be a near record low turnout, there are no signs of a ground swell of anger in the voting pattern. Casey could nip in and steal it, but so also could Gallagher or Ni Riada.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

I am skeptical tbh. All these people saying anyone they've met have voted/are voting whatever isn't true, unless you work in a polling station. Hardly anyone is voting.

At this stage, if there is a turnout in excess of 40%, that may well be the surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭spurshero

It is odds on going to be a near record low turnout, there are no signs of a ground swell of anger in the voting pattern. Casey could nip in and steal it, but so also could Gallagher or Ni Riada.
    Frankie do ya ever get a bit of fresh air .or sleep . Ya seem to be on here 24 7

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AdrianLM

I must admit, and there may be others like me, but I am getting a bit of satisfaction (it might even be a bit perverse) that my vote today for Casey is going to drive some on here bonkers.
    I've noticed a number of posters on these threads that are almost exuding delirium due to the fact that those of us without a voice a government is now actually going to be able to get that voice heard.

There are Sinn Fein/ultra-liberals/leftists on here that believe Margaret Cash is a Joan-of-Arc type figure, that Erica Fleming should get triple-glazed windows, that Travellers are deserving of stables and a field with their free 300K-400K houses, that Ireland has a homeless problem worst than can be depicted by a Charles Dicken era workhouse, that there should be welfare for all who come to our country and do not want to work, and most of all they want those who work in Ireland to pay more taxes in order for the "entitled" to live as if they do work.

If Peter Casey gets more than 2% of the vote today, then I'll have a wry smile, as I know there will be heads exploding due a voice other than liberal/leftist being finally heard in this country. You never know, it might even start a political party that will address the concerns of Irish workers/contributors.

Agreed but did you typo 2%? Peter Casey could actually win today as the turn out is set to be low and voter apathy is not going to favor MDH.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

Came across this on twitter - woman says she asked the guy doing the exit poll how it's going so far and he said it's 50-50 MDH & Casey:

https://twitter.com/Raqidoodle/status/1055799331847094272

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭emo72

Jaysus mate calm down. I know it's only anecdotal but I thought I'd share it. I'll be voting. But there's not one candidate I'd be happy with. But a choice will have to be made. Anyway spread the love lads.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Only you were going on about "anger" being the motivation for voting Casey #1.

You were wrong then and similarly now.

Only you were going on about "anger" being the motivation for voting Casey #1.

You wha now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

spurshero wrote: »
    Frankie do ya ever get a bit of fresh air .or sleep . Ya seem to be on here 24 7

Mod: Any more of this shite gets a ban. People can post how they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

If Casey wins they will probably blame the Russians.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭spurshero

Nixonbot wrote: »
    Mod: Any more of this shite gets a ban. People can post how they want.

Ban for what ?? I’m just making an observation

• Registered Users Posts: 16,802 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Dr Brown wrote: »

The Times Ireland Edition today had the headline on its front page:

Alt-right accused of skewing opinion polls to favour Casey

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

AdrianLM wrote: »
    Agreed but did you typo 2%? Peter Casey could actually win today as the turn out is set to be low and voter apathy is not going to favor MDH.

A low turnout could suggest that the fervour for Casey is overstated too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

spurshero wrote: »
    Ban for what ?? I’m just making an observation

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057770394
    Don't be a dick.

No more comments on moderation please, that's in there too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

I seen them blaming Russian bots on Casey winning the poll on here and doing well on the journal poll.

How pathetic and out of touch are these people. Do they really think Russians give a **** about Irish presidential election. There wasn't even any evidence they hacked the US election. Just typical garbage from Irish liberals coping their American cousins. Pathetic and sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Casey is against special treatment for any groups.
    He is against welfare abuse.
    He is speaking truths that others fear to heard spoken.

I think the attempts to link him to racism or having an issue with foreigners are quite devious and false.

I have yet to go down there but I won't be hesitating with that ballot paper when I do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

When really they should be blaming themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,523 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

When really they should be blaming themselves.

Who are they?
    The same group which you are a part of?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Casey ; Number 1

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Casey; number 1.

He speaks a lot of stuff most people are afraid to say for fear of being attacked by the PC brigade.

MDH is too old. If a teacher asked for another seven years work at the age of the 77, they would be told where to go and the same could be said about any other public sector role.

Freeman doesn't fully get the role. A lot of good work with Mental health but she can probably do most of that as a senator.

Ni Riada, thinks 47k net is the basic wage. Enough said.

Gallagher, second attempt, nothing different.

Duffy, not my cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭elperello

blinding wrote: »
    Casey ; Number 1

Honestly is that it?
    We could just all post ....... Number 1 for the evening and not bother with any discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

elperello wrote: »
    Honestly is that it?
    We could just all post ....... Number 1 for the evening and not bother with any discussion.

if it was miggledy you would have liked it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,750 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

elperello wrote: »
    Honestly is that it?
    It's a poll. What else would you like

There's a discussion thread for discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Atlantis50 wrote: »
    Came across this on twitter - woman says she asked the guy doing the exit poll how it's going so far and he said it's 50-50 MDH & Casey:

https://twitter.com/Raqidoodle/status/1055799331847094272

Still don't believe it Higgins is going to walk - I reckon 50-60% first preference

If I was voting Higgins, I wouldnt bother going out of my way to do t, its a sure thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Still don't believe it Higgins is going to walk - I reckon 50-60% first preference

If I was voting Higgins, I wouldnt bother going out of my way to do t, its a sure thing

annnnnd thats my friends is how brexit happened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

fergus1001 wrote: »
    annnnnd thats my friends is how brexit happened

I probably should have included a ;)

Though I think comparing which Irish person gets to host dinner parties for the next few years is alot different to leaving the EU!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement