Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's single?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

Chewbacca wrote: »
    Like, eye level?

Not sure what you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Wibbs wrote: »
    More like... :D

That too. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

Yes it was lol

Ok

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

All the single ladies all the single ladies
    Watch out for this lad.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057919300/2/#post108337355

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I think a lot of it is your formative experience with relationships and committing to one person etc. The longer term you are single, the more used to it you become and the idea of *shock horror* being tied down to one woman / man becomes intolerable. You can get too set in your ways and less willing to compromise, which is what relationships are all about.

I've been single more than coupled up so far in my life, but I'd have no shame in saying I'm far happier in a relationship than on my own. The right relationship, that is - which can be bloody hard to find. Love is a game-changer as far as I'm concerned, but it doesn't always look like what you expect it to look like.

I've had a 13 year and then a. 8 year relationship.so now late 40's.

Still open to a real relationship if it happens, but if iot does not so what!!!

Own house, own car, own job, 3 holidays a year.

Life is good.

Worst thing is that other women don't like you around their husbands. No, he's safe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

GMSA wrote: »
    All the single ladies all the single ladies
    Watch out for this lad.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057919300/2/#post108337355

:D The "feedee"

I'm not single but wonder alot about this that and the other. Truth is I find the whole damn thing difficult. My heart has been broken and I've been led to believe all sorts of fairytale endings.
    I won't go in to detail about my fears and what ifs only to say that I have a lot of them.
    I am battleworn and really am happy with just a cuddle or two, a bit of chat, sharing things. Marriage and children and planning for the future are just beyond my inner capacity right now.

:D The "feedee"

Read that yesterday.

Horrible.

That lad would get a good kick in the gicker from me!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Disposable1

Cutie 3.14 wrote: »
    I knew id get that reaction , and that wasn't the case atall.

I don't want to over-analyse people that I don't know, and by virtue of the way that we are communicating I don't and can't have all the information, but it sounds to me like you were in a somewhat abusive relationship.

Again, I don't really want to comment because it's not my place, but in reading through this thread it looks like quite a few of the replies you are getting are slightly negative, accusatory even, so I just wanted to say what I took from your posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,967 ✭✭✭cena

totally single

• Advertisement

Single man here (searching for other single man). Last "proper" relationship I had was seven years ago, when I was 21. Sadly most of my twenties have been spent nursing unrequited crushes; anyone I've built up the courage to ask out has declined (politely and respectfully, which actually makes the rejection feel worse somehow). It's not fun. In fact it's the exact opposite of fun. Unfun, if you will. :(

While I'm in no rush to be "tied down" (I'm ambivalent towards the idea of marriage and I definitely don't ever want kids), it would be nice to have someone to hold hands with, to cuddle with, to laugh with, to talk openly with, to kiss, to fúck, to be fúcked by, and to be vulnerable with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭0cp71eyxkb94qf

This post has been deleted.

Lmao. He looked at someone's arse. To the gallows with the ruffian!

"to listen to some fella nagging at me , wanting to know where I am and who I'm with, yet cant return the courtesy to let me know what hes up to, commenting on my weight and clothes"

I think you missed that part of cutie's post.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

I'm single and couldn't get a ride to save my life

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lonewolf1961

doylefe wrote: »

LOL .

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Disposable1

He did quite a bit more than that actually, as you can see from my post I mentioned her "posts", as in multiple.

This poster first posted in this thread on page 2, I'm going to copy and paste it below and highlight some of the parts I found problematic:

Yeah I think this is the way I'm going to go, just out of a relationship that put me through the ringer.

"Just to get some dick every now and again and not have to listen to some fella nagging at me , wanting to know where I am and who I'm with, yet cant return the courtesy to let me know what hes up to, commenting on my weight and clothes, staring at every single womans arse that comes within a mile radius of him. Fook off."

The parts I have in bold above can sometimes be part of an abusive relationship. Not all abuse in a relationship is physical, it can be emotional or mental. He looks controlling to me, classic power games. Even if the OP's ex did not abuse he certainly treated her in a disrespectful way.

Finally, and I am not criticising you, but generally in life when I comment on something or discuss something with somebody I try have the facts, I don't comment on something I know nothing about or haven't looked in to the best of my abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

doylefe wrote: »

Homer j fong

Might help you out there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

grindle wrote: »
    I hope she gets a serious dose of the scour, never feels relief from the lethargy of her hypothyroidism & I hope her anxiety and depression continue to spiral out of control until something awful happens.

Yes, I hold grudges.

Why would you wish anyone such bad luck. You said yourself you considered getting out of it 1-2 years previous, why didn't you. Your out of it now yet thoughts like that make it seem like you can't let it go.

• Advertisement

Why would you wish anyone such bad luck. You said yourself you considered getting out of it 1-2 years previous, why didn't you. Your out of it now yet thoughts like that make it seem like you can't let it go.

It's definitely not good for the soul to be harbouring such thoughts and ultimately all you do is damage yourself. I know this first hand so can understand that posters position. It's not the healthiest but hen awful hurt has been done then it's hard to put things to rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 QuestionTime18

Single nearly 30 years cause i'm too damn ugly, and will probably be single for the rest of my years

It's definitely not good for the soul to be harbouring such thoughts and ultimately all you do is damage yourself. I know this first hand so can understand that posters position. It's not the healthiest but hen awful hurt has been done then it's hard to put things to rest.

I agree Persepoly been there myself and have the scars and t shirts but if someone can't put things to rest then we live in an age where people are all about seeking help (or at least talking about seeking it).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Ah yeah, just temporary bitterness for the disrespect. It doesn't actually affect anything so I don't mind saying it, it's petty hyperbole.

I agree Persepoly been there myself and have the scars and t shirts but if someone can't put things to rest then we live in an age where people are all about seeking help (or at least talking about seeking it).

We do indeed live in such an age jim but not everyone is there yet. It can take a long time to feel ok enough to let go. I was asked a question a few days ago and my response was something along the lines of me feeling pity. The more we spoke I realised that the anger was still there and thoughts of "Karma will do it's thing" very much present. Grindle will get to his acceptance at some point or maybe not at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

dear men,

stop taking the most fertile years of a woman's life and then dumping them in their mid thirties.

regards
    the future

Dear Women,

any chance of a ride?

Regards
    the present

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

We do indeed live in such an age jim but not everyone is there yet. It can take a long time to feel ok enough to let go. I was asked a question a few days ago and my response was something along the lines of me feeling pity. The more we spoke I realised that the anger was still there and thoughts of "Karma will do it's thing" very much present. Grindle will get to his acceptance at some point or maybe not at all.

Remember

A/s/l

Bitterness only effects the bitter party.

Red wine, cheese, Nazi Death Squad, Super vet, with Linda Mc c sausage rolls, then 80's Spotify.
    gym tomorrow, maybe, maybe not. Maybe get up st 10 and di a cycje if it's not raining. The bike is in the sitting room, some ppl don't like that!

Sleep like a starfish and snore like a pig.

Love being single.

anewme wrote: »
    Bitterness only effects the bitter party.

Red wine, cheese, Nazi Death Squad, Super vet, with Linda Mc c sausage rolls, then 80's Spotify.

Linda McCarthys?
    I'm with you on the 80s but never used Spotify

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Linda McCarthys?
    I'm with you on the 80s but never used Spotify

749520.jpg

Advertisement