Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's single?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

In a relationship 23 years, married a while back. Drives me mad at times but I wouldn't have it any other way. I don't think I'm cut out for the single life.

nthclare wrote: »
    Totally single, silver fox with a beard and tattoos...

Used to be clean cut and last year I went rugged...

Pm sent! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Just over a year single after an unhappy 20 year marriage to a complete demon of a woman. Not looking for anything serious at the moment, but sure you never know what might happen.

Love going out now for a few pints, and to chat up women in the smoking area of whatever pub I’m in. Getting the ride a fair bit as a result, so that’s keeping that box ticked. Hope to meet some gamey bird with a naughty glint in her eye later tonight. Back to her place so she can have a good ride on the auld baloney pony.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lonewolf1961

Just over a year single after an unhappy 20 year marriage to a complete demon of a woman. Not looking for anything serious at the moment, but sure you never know what might happen.

Love going out now for a few pints, and to chat up women in the smoking area of whatever pub I’m in. Getting the ride a fair bit as a result, so that’s keeping that box ticked. Hope to meet some gamey bird with a naughty glint in her eye later tonight. Back to her place so she can have a good ride on the auld baloney pony.
    LOL ......

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lonewolf1961

Just over a year single after an unhappy 20 year marriage to a complete demon of a woman. Not looking for anything serious at the moment, but sure you never know what might happen. Love going out now for a few pints, and to chat up women in the smoking area of whatever pub I’m in. Getting the ride a fair bit as a result, so that’s keeping that box ticked. Hope to meet some gamey bird with a naughty glint in her eye later tonight. Back to her place so she can have a good ride on the auld baloney pony.
    LOL ......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

37 single 4 years after a bad 7 year thing , only positive was 2 gorgeous kids

Women seem put off that i have 2 kids

Id rather be single and have my 2 kids that with some insufferable bint who causes nothing but drama

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

I understood this as FaceBook account :D:D

think FWB was supposed to be used ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

dear men,

stop taking the most fertile years of a woman's life and then dumping them in their mid thirties.

regards
    the future

Dear generalisation
    Men or women or black or white or whatever grouping or generalisation you define people is not ok

Ok ?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

I’m a 39 year old woman, happily single. Have an FB meaning I get my (ahem) needs met but don’t have any hassle. I have no interest in a committed relationship.
    I understood this as FaceBook account :D:D
    mvl wrote: »
    think FWB was supposed to be used ...

Nope, I intended to post ‘FB’, as in fcuk buddy. There’s a difference between FBs and FWBs, and I very deliberately chose FB in my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Single for about 8 years and intend keeping it that way for the foreseeable.
    Relationships are a serious bit of effort that I just don't want to give.
    Only pain in the arse is like the op family and friends at weddings asking when I'm going to settle down. Hard not to say piss off.

• Advertisement

Nope, I intended to post ‘FB’, as in fcuk buddy. There’s a difference between FBs and FWBs, and I very deliberately chose FB in my post.

eh - for me FB would remain Facebook too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

mvl wrote: »
    eh - for me FB would remain Facebook too :)

Maybe you need to expand your horizon a bit...! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

Micky 32 wrote: »
    You ever stare at another mans arse or whatever during a relationship, not even once??

Arse, no. Arms, yes.

I don't mind men looking but you haven't met my ex....

Edit: I don't stare. He took staring to a whole other level

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭micar

39 and single 10 years. Hitting 40 next month.

Previously in a 3.5 year relationship. No way was I ever going to marry her.

Would love to find someone and have a few kids.

On tinder and pof.....not really working out.

micar wrote: »

Nothing but **** on them sites

100 % about looks not actually wether you are a decent person or genuine etc

Should try speeddating , least you get to see em face to face and see what happens

Maybe you need to expand your horizon a bit...! :pac:
    - it's cause my wiring would accept FWB, and wouldn't go near a FB in your meaning.
    but each with own needs :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Cutie 3.14 wrote: »
    Yeah I think this is the way I'm going to go, just out of a relationship that put me through the ringer.

Just to get some dick every now and again and not have to listen to some fella nagging at me , wanting to know where I am and who I'm with, yet cant return the courtesy to let me know what hes up to, commenting on my weight and clothes, staring at every single womans arse that comes within a mile radius of him. Fook off.
    Kinda the same from the other direction C. My short term relationships were for the most part grand, even good. My long termers on the other hand... It's not a gender thing as I have and have had women friends who were and are bloody brilliant. Really add to my life and I hope I add to theirs. But long term romantic entanglements... Whole different ball game. Some different switch is thrown*. Hell, I've seen it with the same women mates. As friends you truly couldn't ask for better, but Jesus how they were with partners was something else. Not always extreme, but pretty much all on a sliding scale of this is shite I don't need in my life. That low level vying for control thing going on for a start. No doubt men do this too, I dunno, I don't shag blokes. Though bi women I know and have known have told me that generally speaking men are easier on a day to day basis. Less dramatics in general, though apparently much more likely to go silent. And if they are controlling again generally way worse on that score.
    eviltwin wrote: »
    I don't think I'm cut out for the single life.
    I reckon that's it ET. Most people to some capacity or other are more suited to being in a couple, others, a minority, just aren't. At least not for long. I've long come to terms with the fact I'm in the latter group. I would reckon men need to be "domesticated" early on in life. Old dog, new tricks, not, in my case. Or I have really bad judgement when it comes to who I'm attracted to. That and love turns me into a thundering moron. Well more thundering than usual anyway. To be avoided.

*a woman mate of mine reckons it's because if you're shagging the stakes are much higher. You could end up with a kid and that makes couples more on edge and more edgy in their dealings.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

micar wrote: »

I've had nothing but heart and headaches from those sites.
    They seem to be a lot of people looking to fill their ego.

La.de.da wrote: »

Exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 11,874 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Single woman ,late 40's, happy out!

• Advertisement

Exactly

anewme wrote: »
    Single woman ,late 40's, happy out!

Grrrrrrr ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭0cp71eyxkb94qf

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Arse, no. Arms, yes.

I don't mind men looking but you haven't met my ex....

Edit: I don't stare. He took staring to a whole other level

Like, eye level?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

34 and single 4years after 8 year relationship. Had a couple of flings since.

If I meet a nice man and something happens it happens. But not actively looking for love..... I like being able to do what I want to do without answering to anyone.
    If an opportunity for a bit of fun and happiness comes along, I'll not pass it up. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

More like...
    They seem to be a lot of people looking to fill their ego boots.
    :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭gifted

34 and single 4years after 8 year relationship. Had a couple of flings since.

If I meet a nice man and something happens it happens. But not actively looking for love..... I like being able to do what I want to do without answering to anyone.
    If an opportunity for a bit of fun and happiness comes along, I'll not pass it up. :)

I'll make cakes for you....How's that???

* I may also be attached and have 3 chicks as well ...lol lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Wibbs wrote: »
    I reckon that's it ET. Most people to some capacity or other are more suited to being in a couple, others, a minority, just aren't. [/SIZE]

I think a lot of it is your formative experience with relationships and committing to one person etc. The longer term you are single, the more used to it you become and the idea of *shock horror* being tied down to one woman / man becomes intolerable. You can get too set in your ways and less willing to compromise, which is what relationships are all about.

I've been single more than coupled up so far in my life, but I'd have no shame in saying I'm far happier in a relationship than on my own. The right relationship, that is - which can be bloody hard to find. Love is a game-changer as far as I'm concerned, but it doesn't always look like what you expect it to look like.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

If he can't even look at an arse without you jumping on him no wonder he got rid.

I knew id get that reaction , and that wasn't the case atall.

• Advertisement

I knew id get that reaction , and that wasn't the case atall.

Yes it was lol

Advertisement