Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free iPad mini 2 with Sunday Times subscription (18 months)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Keano wrote: »
    Is that not the max cost? If it costs less, they will refund the difference.

No, I was quoted for a new LCD and digitiser (not broken now, but more than likely will break during the LCD replacement procedure). Maybe it is coincidentally around the same figure to repair through Apple, but they're not getting a cent from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Anyone else get a bar of chocolate from The Times to say thanks for subscribing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Got one last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭brevity

Anyone else get a bar of chocolate from The Times to say thanks for subscribing?

Nope, never got one. Might have been sent to an old address though

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭garyskeepers

Bar of chocolate? Nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Bar of chocolate? Nice.

oh no it isn't.

(although in fairness, the thought is nice)

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Got one yesterday.. 'Hotel Chocolate' very well packaged - excessively so!

Reminded me to check when subscription is up.. June - I wonder if they'll have any enticing offers on the go then!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭terencemc

Can someone tell me if the edition of the sunday times on both these sites is the Irish one that i can buy in a bricks and mortar shop?
    http://go.thesundaytimes.ie/app/
    https://store.thetimes.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭the perfect ten

Yes, as far as I know it is the same edition. If you change the settings, however, I believe you can set it to the UK edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

Only got around to cancelling my sub recently. They offered me 2 months free to see if I would change my mind. There wasn't any product offered, no ipad, nespresso etc.

Declined politely, there are a number of better, cheaper ways to get your news.

• Advertisement

when all the ipad offer subs start to expire, and people don't renew, there'll be other offers - i hope!

My sub isn't up until May

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah I cancelled last month too. They offered a discount subscription for the next few months but I declined.

I had a date set in my calendar for the end of my minimum subscription (but I'm pretty organized).
    I expect that a lot of people will just forget about it and let it run and run...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

mccard wrote: »
    Only got around to cancelling my sub recently. They offered me 2 months free to see if I would change my mind. There wasn't any product offered, no ipad, nespresso etc.

Declined politely, there are a number of better, cheaper ways to get your news.

They were giving away Bose Minilink II speakers around last September time. Got one myself and was happy enough to sub for another 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

Just a reminder. My twelfth month for Bose speaker got taken today. Unless the next deal was really good I'd have no interest in signing up again after the effort to cancel. They offered me two discounted deals to stay but nothing for free like previous deals

• Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Called up today to cancel and they offered me half price on a rolling contract. They don't have any offers at the moment but may have in the future.
    €10 a month is not bad really

Edit: Got email confirming the offer but its only for the next 3 months. they did say I could ring back in October for another deal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

Called up today to cancel and they offered me half price on a rolling contract. They don't have any offers at the moment but may have in the future.
    €10 a month is not bad really

Edit: Got email confirming the offer but its only for the next 3 months. they did say I could ring back in October for another deal
    Cancelled months ago,sales person confirmed once one got a free offer ,it won't be repeated

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

If you go to Odeon, the 2 for one cinema tickets at weekends pays for itself if you go even once a month. Not a bad deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Cancelled months ago,sales person confirmed once one got a free offer ,it won't be repeated

Well, that seems wrong. I got the Ipad offer initially and when I went to cancel last year they offered the bose offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Well, that seems wrong. I got the Ipad offer initially and when I went to cancel last year they offered the bose offer.

This. I get to cancel my subscription at the end of next month. Offer has been good to me with an iPad and the excellent Bose speaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Doodah7 wrote: »
    This. I get to cancel my subscription at the end of next month. Offer has been good to me with an iPad and the excellent Bose speaker.

Ditto. Could cancel my contract now, debating it.

• Advertisement

Meant no more I pads etc,I'd sign up if there's one coming,and don't rate speakers v I pad

Meant no more I pads etc,I'd sign up if there's one coming,and don't rate speakers v I pad

The speaker was well worth the extra years subscription. It's amazing

Birneybau wrote: »

For me another more modern iPad mini would convince me to re subscribe

For me another more modern iPad mini would convince me to re subscribe

Why would they give 2 iPads away, subsequently?

Why would they give 2 iPads away, subsequently?

Why wouldn't they?

I'm out

FYI I have been told that the warranty on these iPads is only 12 months as they were a bulk b2b buy.

Might not be an issue for many, but my LCD failed for no apparent reason 18 months in and it just isn't worth repairing at the costs quoted (€200 odd).

posting this in case other people have issues with faulty ipads.

I also had a display issue with my ipad - over the 12 month warranty but under the 24 month consumer law warranty.

I had already spoken to Sunday Times - they said call Apple but they don't have any receipts or proofs of purchase. They did send an email confirming that i had received an ipad from them in the offer if I needed it.

I called into Compub for them to have a quick look - the guy said that the issue was either the graphics card or the display. He said if they submitted on my behalf, it would be knocked back immediately as out of warranty but if I contacted them myself they would most likely repair/replace under the consumer law. However, he said that I needed to ask for a Senior Technical Advisor as soon as the call was answered.

I went in via the apple support website, then "talk to us", then "ipad", then "repairs/physical damage", then "display image distorted or blurred", then "talk to "apple support now", then "enter serial number", then "request an exception" - fill in details and they will then call call you. Explain the context, then immediately ask for a Senior Technical Advisor

Senior Techie said that she needed to see the receipt of purchase. I explained that it was a Sunday Times times sub offer and I didn't have a receipt. I sent a screenshot of the dispatch notification email which I had received from Apple when the ipad was shipped, which has original purchase and invoice order numbers. She accepted this as proof - so ipad was collected last Friday and replacement is being delivered today. No messing, no arguing, just sorted very quickly. I'm very impressed with the service from Apple.

That's great news! Thanks for that. I'm well over 24 moths now though, and it has just sat gathering dust since it broke.

That's great news! Thanks for that. I'm well over 24 moths now though, and it has just sat gathering dust since it broke.

still worth contacting them and asking again though?

• Advertisement

ablelocks wrote: »
    still worth contacting them and asking again though?

Nah, TBH I don't miss it at all. It's the last Apple device I'll ever touch - I have had too many bad experiences with their sh!te over the years (iBook x2, iPod x3, and this iPad).

Advertisement