Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not without me horses boss. Free housing rejected

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,323 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

removed2 wrote: »
    1.7 million
    the wall at the front cost 80,000 grand
    heard that on the radio
    how is that value for money
    is it built out of italian marble
    this fiasco is bringing heat on the tipp coco

Jasus you'd wonder how long that wall will be in place if it's made from Italian marble

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

reported for foul language

:rolleyes: ;)I was talking about the rats

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

AllForIt wrote: »
    I was just about to log off boards after reading this thread cause I can't take it anymore but then I read this one last post and I'm right as rain again. Walk the Bees! Hahahahaha!.
    Those buzzy little fcukers won’t walk themselves, y’know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

If they can't afford to house themselves shouldn't they cut back on discretionary spending? Like horses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

gctest50 wrote: »
    Please point out how spending 200 million on methadone is a benefit to society as a whole

If you have to ask about the point of rehabilitation, then you have something new to learn ;)

Educate yourself regarding the clinics and the benefits. It's not a miracle solution, but the alternative is much worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

At least the driveways will be spotless :)

It’ll last longer too seeing as the disgruntled tenants didn’t do the tarring themselves !
    Are the gutters clean , I wonder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭removed2

Drone shot of the site here, there's a load of roadways, footpaths, lighting drainage etc gone into that site (as the council are probably obliged to provide)

wow
    there are tens of free acres there for the horses
    so back to the mexican standoff

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Plenty space in that field for building a few stables like the Council promised

https://goo.gl/maps/SbYKjqcgDz22

XB2Hgpw.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Have you info to prove otherwise? If so post it please. If not stop posting ****e.

If they are hard necked enough to reject free houses worth €1.7 million because they do not have stables for their illegal horses then yes I very much doubt they pay for very much.

By the way, I am working class and your not my hero.:D

XB2Hgpw.png

‘Like the man who wants free stables said the Council promised’, surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

If they are hard necked enough to reject free houses worth €1.7 million because they do not have stables for their illegal horses then yes I very much doubt they pay for very much.

By the way, I am working class and your not my hero.:D

So you can’t prove it, gotcha.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

wexie wrote: »
    It's possible I missed them but I didn't spot any stables across the road on the halting site where they are now....

Where are they keeping the horses....

https://maps.google.com/?q=52.652181,-7.836501

You can see a stable on this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Council didn’t promise anything. They’re trying to pull a fast one.

So you can’t prove it, gotcha.

I can't prove Bigfoot or the Lochness monster don't exist either but I think Paddy Power might put better odds on them.

Graces7 wrote: »
    trenches are nasty blind holes.
    your pissing into the wind mate but i agree with you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

I can't prove Bigfoot or the Lochness monster don't exist either but I think Paddy Power might put better odds on them.

Stop digging.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

I might as well keep to the spirit of the thread.
    The middle class people of this country are all w4nkers, all of them, no exceptions.
    Am I doing it right?
    Oh zzzzzz. Those who won't hear a word said against travellers are middle-class folk from nice quiet areas without any problems.
    It's working-class people who have to put up with the problems on their doorstep caused by many travellers, who are among their biggest critics. And understandably so.

If a person is critical of the problems and entitlements, it doesn't mean they think every single traveller without exception is a scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Okay so they have a stable(s), what's stopping them from disassembling it/them and bringing it across the road themselves?

Plenty of room there, I've seen travelers keep horses on a lot less land than that and on land a lot less suitable for it.

Stop digging.

Back on topic, I agree.

800 other people on the housing list for that council.

Do you think they are justified rejecting purpose-built free houses because there are no stables for their illegal animals?

giphy.gif

How much would it cost to house the horses?

How can these or their supporters say with a straight face that we should spend the money housing horses before people?

Where do the raise the roof crowd stand on this issue?

cost rundown

3 acre of land (as per demand)
    9k times 3= 27k
    top of the range stables built from italian marble and oak 10k

a bargain at 39,999

• Advertisement

Okay so they have a stable(s), what's stopping them from disassembling it/them and bringing it across the road themselves?

Plenty of room there, I've seen travelers keep horses on a lot less land than that and on land a lot less suitable for it.

They’d need a van. Maybe they don’t know anybody who has a van?

It’s time to organise a protest at Tipperary County Council (formerly Thurles Town Council) offices at Matthew Avenue/Castle Avenue Thurles calling for these houses to be allocated to the most needy of the 900 applicants. Their offices are just up the road from Thurles train station. Nothing will change if we don’t stand up now! We’ll just be squeezed for more and more. It’s not fair that people on disability allowance and low incomes are coming bottom of the list in this country when it comes to social housing. Meanwhile those who choose a lifestyle of living on benefit and/or commit crimes are given what they want at the expense of those who work and pay taxes.

if its true that the wall cost 80 k whoever signed off on that should be questioned

The neighbours might complain it's lowering the tone of the neighbourhood

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

your pissing into the wind mate but i agree with you

Thanks!

:rolleyes: ;)I was talking about the rats
    no bother mate i didnt report the post just found the language a bit extreme

no bother mate i didnt report the post just found the language a bit extreme

Are you not doing your clock joke tonight? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

The cost of the wall was referred to on Drivetime and the figure of 80,000 was quoted so I am pretty sure thats accirate.

There are millions of euros available in the housing for travellers budget, some local authorities never spend the money allocate to them.

The reason is the local go ape **** anytime there is even a rumour of traveller accommodation being built so it takes forever and a day to get even a halting site off the ground.

These travellers will get their stables because if they dont they wont take the houses. They will intimidate anyone else who takes these houses so expensive security will have to be paid for if the council allocate them to anyone else.

The houses are just across the road from the existing halting site so if someone was brave enough to accept one the travellers will make their lives an utter misery.

If they can't afford to house themselves shouldn't they cut back on discretionary spending? Like horses?
    horses are a great way to pass the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

horses are a great way to pass the day

So's work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Oh zzzzzz. Those who won't hear a word said against travellers are middle-class folk from nice quiet areas without any problems.
    It's working-class people who have to put up with the problems on their doorstep caused by many travellers, who are among their biggest critics. And understandably so.

If a person is critical of the problems and entitlements, it doesn't mean they think every single traveller without exception is a scumbag.

True, it doesn’t mean that all travelers are scumbags.

But the ones complaining in the main article are, the McCarthys have served time, Peter McCarthy on at least one occasion.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/jury-gives-verdict-on-trio-after-attack-on-gaa-star-26068674.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement