Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

O'Hara's Leann Follain was 1.58 a bottle in Tesco Killarney today.

It's a lovely stout and at 6% is stronger than most.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

It's a lovely stout and at 6% is stronger than most.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Ya must have had a few already :-D

Ya must have had a few already :-D

I had about 45 in two hours, then I had an ol' packet of crips and I'll probably have about 10 more anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,874 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Dunnes have 24 can slab of bulmers for €30, buy two and use a shop and save voucher and it works out at €25 a slab and if my maths are correct that’s €1.04 a can

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭RayCon

Lidl are doing 4 X 500ml bottles of Williams Brothers beers for €7 ... choose from:

• Birds & Bees Golden Ale
    • Joker IPA
    • Caesar Augustus India Style Lager
    Tried the Joker IPA ... pretty nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

RayCon wrote: »
    Lidl are doing 4 X 500ml bottles of Williams Brothers beers for €7 ... choose from:

• Birds & Bees Golden Ale
    • Joker IPA
    • Caesar Augustus India Style Lager
    Tried the Joker IPA ... pretty nice.

They also have McGargles Francis Big Bangin IPA 4 for a tenner, normally 3 for €9.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,132 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Argus (usual and strong cans, and the unfilitered bottle) and Okocim cans will be on sale in Lidl from Monday 1 Oct.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Anyone in the border areas- Sainsburys have 1litre bottles of Baileys @ £12

• Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

SuperValu
    Heineken 20x330ml €17

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

Minimum alcohol pricing is expected to be passed in the Dail on Wednesday... Prices to rise in due course when pass in to law by President.
    What's the latest offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

askU wrote: »
    Minimum alcohol pricing is expected to be passed in the Dail on Wednesday... Prices to rise in due course when pass in to law by President.

Buy shares in sainsbury in newery once this is passed!

From the times Friday

The power of big business has been exposed in the Oireachtas through the successful recruitment of cross-party support in opposing and delaying passage of the Public Health (Alcohol) Bill. Not since cigarette smoking was banned in public places has there been such intense lobbying. Politicians from all parties, along with Independents, were recruited by the industry and it has taken nearly three years for the Bill to reach its final stage. There is no certainty that it will be implemented.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    From the times Friday

The power of big business has been exposed in the Oireachtas through the successful recruitment of cross-party support in opposing and delaying passage of the Public Health (Alcohol) Bill. Not since cigarette smoking was banned in public places has there been such intense lobbying. Politicians from all parties, along with Independents, were recruited by the industry and it has taken nearly three years for the Bill to reach its final stage. There is no certainty that it will be implemented.

Dangerous times we live in. Let's hope and pray to Paddy Losty.

You can't stop for one pint in the pub anymore with the drink driving laws and now they want to pounce on us in our homes with more tax because we buy from off licences.

There'll be little craft breweries in every shed and spare room in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭elperello

OmegaGene wrote: »
    From the times Friday

For those who like to buy their tipple at a bargain price it is worth noting that only one member of the Oireachtas Senator Sean Barrett spoke out against MUP. All the rest want you to pay more.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

It will need to be commenced by the Minister after being signed in to law. And as it is almost certainly contrary to EU law its unlikely it'll ever be commenced.

We had minimum cigarette pricing for about 18 months until the EU stopped it remember.

Poitín etc will be backing a comeback all over the country if they target below cost selling (loss leaders), this will also have a knock on effect for deciding where peoples weekly shopping is done.
    Be interesting to see what they come up with, could be water protests all over again lol.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Banning below cost would be legal but tbh there is very little of that. The bottles of spirits for under €15 are below cost generally. Beer is basically never sold below cost.

MUP will make the cheapest crap cost the same as current premium and clearly the premium stuff will get dearer to maintain the margin

• Registered Users Posts: 28,333 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Dedicated thread here on minimum pricing... feel free to wade in:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057676265

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

This won't be implemented until Northern Ireland does the same, which is not anytime soon.

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    It will need to be commenced by the Minister after being signed in to law. And as it is almost certainly contrary to EU law its unlikely it'll ever be commenced.

We had minimum cigarette pricing for about 18 months until the EU stopped it remember.

Those first two sentences were like sweet music to my ears.

And I just happened to be sipping a beautiful drink at home when I read it.

There is a God.

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Dedicated thread here on minimum pricing... feel free to wade in:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057676265

Best to keep this thread for the deals we all enjoy ...... for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭AlanG

Powers Johns Lane reserve has been €50 a bottle in Tesco Blanchardstown for the past few days. Usually 65

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

AlanG wrote: »
    Powers Johns Lane reserve has been €50 a bottle in Tesco Blanchardstown for the past few days. Usually 65

Damn you!!!

Also thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

Polish week started today at Lidl.

Full prices not given - I presume Argus Strong 7.2% is €1.69

Xn4NnFF.png

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

€24 for 24 Budweiser in tesco

I saw a flyer for Carry Out earlier.

It advertises Carlsberg and Budweiser 500ml at 6 for €10 and Heineken 500ml at 8 for €10.99.

All I can say is proceed with caution.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 462 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Jack Daniels is 24 in Tesco. Cheapest I've seen it is 23. 70cl bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Polish week started today at Lidl.

Full prices not given - I presume Argus Strong 7.2% is €1.69

Xn4NnFF.png

This implies that everything on the right hand side of that graphic is €1.49 including both bottled Argus and canned Argus Strong. Will pop up to Lidl tomorrow and check!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,132 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It says "from" 1.49.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement