Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    If it’s a bargain in Jonesboro it’s either counterfeit or stolen.
    It’s a shop attached to a newsagent

• Registered Users Posts: 81,192 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I was going to order online,i logged in on my desktop and it said it wasnt available,but when i went on to the mobile site ( not the app) it was there as €24 for 24

Not sure but app has it 24 for €24.

If I was a betting man I would hold off purchase until Thursday/Friday, there's bound to be good deals on crates for Electric Picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Tesco also has Grolsh at 24 cans for €24 until next week, which is a stronger (and in my view far tastier) beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

OmegaGene wrote:
    Any better bulmers deals going ? These are the ones I know of Dunnes are €16 for 12 cans Centra and spar €13 for 8 cans Centra have 3 1ltr bottles for €12

O'Briens - Currently 24 cans for 28 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

OmegaGene wrote:
    Any better bulmers deals going ? These are the ones I know of Dunnes are €16 for 12 cans Centra and spar €13 for 8 cans Centra have 3 1ltr bottles for €12

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

cathalj wrote: »

Or if your close to border Sainsburys have 18x440ml cans for 10£

• Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

TallGlass wrote: »
    Or if your close to border Sainsburys have 18x440ml cans for 10£

Uk bulmers isnt the same I learned the hard way

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Uk bulmers isnt the same I learned the hard way

Not really with you there now.

Have an Irish can and UK can, and both are 4.5% both made in Tipp ?

TallGlass wrote: »
    Not really with you there now.

Have an Irish can and UK can, and both are 4.5% both made in Tipp ?

And you can’t taste the difference ?
    Uk bulmers is a different company completely different taste and recipe
    The uk version that tastes the same as Irish bulmers is magners

A few years back when the euro and pound were level I went to the north and stocked up on uk bulmers, bad mistake

Good old Wikipedia explains it for me

Bulmers cider is one of a number of brands owned by British cider maker H. P. Bulmer of Hereford. It is one of the biggest selling British bottled cider brands in the UK, with a number of variants including Bulmers Original & Pear. It should not be confused with Bulmers Irish Cider, sold outside the Republic of Ireland as Magners.

• Advertisement

And you can’t taste the difference ?
    Uk bulmers is a different company completely different taste and recipe
    The uk version that tastes the same as Irish bulmers is magners

A few years back when the euro and pound were level I went to the north and stocked up on uk bulmers, bad mistake

Ok sorry. Should have been clearer. This is Magners.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pjq

Dunnes Stores
    25% Back on all Wine, Champagne & Prosecco in Valueclub points when you purchase 6 bottles or more
    This promotion is in store from Wednesday 29th August 2018 until Monday 24th September 2018 inclusive.

PS I thought that I read until 03/09/2018 in store yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Dunnes offers never really represent great value in my eyes as they are nearly always overpriced in the first place.
    With the 10er off 50 quid- you are just about breaking par on the value elsewhere- and that only if you spend more or less exactly 50, if you spend more then the divide in value grows.

Dunnes offers never really represent great value in my eyes as they are nearly always overpriced in the first place.
    With the 10er off 50 quid- you are just about breaking par on the value elsewhere- and that only if you spend more or less exactly 50, if you spend more then the divide in value grows.

2 Slabs of mix and match cans for €50 is an example of a great offer and there have been many more and using the shop and save voucher is an added bonus.
    Last week I mixed drink and some random food nonsense that wife said we needed (down with that sort of thing) total was €92 and it cost me €72
    €20 saved

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

You'll get fleeced in Dunnes if you're an idiot and buy all your shopping there. If you're on top of what your regular grocery items cost in the various supermarkets, you can actually do very well in Dunnes as they regularly run decent offers on many items.

Quackster wrote: »
    You'll get fleeced in Dunnes if you're an idiot and buy all your shopping there. If you're on top of what your regular grocery items cost in the various supermarkets, you can actually do very well in Dunnes as they regularly run decent offers on many items.

I agree, I go mainly for the offers on booze and graze the food offers, tried normal shopping there and got torn a new one

Anyway back on topic

Bulmers 12 cans for €18 SuperValu
    Same in dunnes for €16
    Spar and centra 8 cans for €13

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pjq

I'd be very interested if you can beat 45% off wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Solaris10 wrote: »

Which tesco as a matter of interest. That seems super cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Tesco (Celbridge) - Bru Darkside IPA 500ml bottle reduced to €1.60.
    460097.JPG

• Advertisement

Hogzy wrote: »
    Which tesco as a matter of interest. That seems super cheap

Roselawn Tesco,

There is a price Tag on the shelve may be it's nationwide

Roselawn Tesco,

There is a price Tag on the shelve may be it's nationwide

4 for €10 in Tesco.ie

Oh dear lord, I will try and explain it in detail
    It’s four for €10 on www.tesco.ie so it’s not a nationwide price reduction but a store specific price reduction
    Had a look in my local Tesco earlier and it’s not reduced to the price you have taken a photo of.

Oh dear lord, I will try and explain it in detail
    It’s four for €10 on www.tesco.ie so it’s not a nationwide price reduction but a store specific price reduction
    Had a look in my local Tesco earlier and it’s not reduced to the price you have taken a photo of.

Thanks , for me also it's scanned 4 for 10, but if you scan single it's coming 1.55 that's why they scanned 1 + 3 :)

Thanks , for me also it's scanned 4 for 10, but if you scan single it's coming 1.55 that's why they scanned 1 + 3 :)

€2.79 a can online and in store where I checked

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

Urweisse bottles were 3.25/4 for 10 on shelf edge in Roselawn today, but took a bottle to the price check and scanned it at 1.55, so picked up 3 myself (couldn't be arsed going through the correction of a 4 for 10 mis-scan, or doing 2 lots). Paid 1.55 a bottle at the till too. So may be in other stores and worth checking if there's a scan machine in store, as given the SEL is for the higher price you likely won't be able to argue at the till.

cython wrote: »
    Urweisse bottles were 3.25/4 for 10 on shelf edge in Roselawn today, but took a bottle to the price check and scanned it at 1.55, so picked up 3 myself (couldn't be arsed going through the correction of a 4 for 10 mis-scan, or doing 2 lots). Paid 1.55 a bottle at the till too. So may be in other stores and worth checking if there's a scan machine in store, as given the SEL is for the higher price you likely won't be able to argue at the till.

Tesco tills are intelligent enough that they won't apply a multi-buy offer (like four for €10) if the items' individual prices would add up to less. So no need to only buy three at a time etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Quackster wrote: »
    Tesco tills are intelligent enough that they won't apply a multi-buy offer (like four for €10) if the items' individual prices would add up to less. So no need to only buy three at a time etc!

Really??

• Advertisement

TheDriver wrote: »
    Really??

From my experience earlier in the year when there was lots of discounted beer in Tesco, I hit several stores over several weeks and, as I expected, any relevant multi-buy offers were never applied as the individual prices added-up worked out much cheaper.

I was buying box loads so wasn't going to be putting them through the till three-at-a-time!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement