Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Just to warn everyone, Tesco have stickers on their tills now saying that they no longer accept competitor coupons as their prices are already so low. Haven't seen this mentioned before so it seems like a new development...

Not new to the shrewd bargain hunters around here unfortunately
    It was a sad day when it ended, I felt guilty for some of the deals I got from Tesco it was almost like robbing them

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

70cl bottles of powers gold label whiskey are 20 quid in supervalu.

Fantastic regular drinking whiskey at a great price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

Is that Oktoberfest still 8 for 10 in O'Brien's? Might pick some up, might not taste the best since it's BB is in next month

Was in the one in Blanch yesterday and all stock seemed to be gone. Regretting not having got a double lot earlier in the week, but I just went across the road and got 8 Franziskaner for 12 quid in Lidl to relieve the disappointment :D

Any better bulmers deals going ?
    These are the ones I know of
    Dunnes are €16 for 12 cans
    Centra and spar €13 for 8 cans
    Centra have 3 1ltr bottles for €12

• Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Any better bulmers deals going ?
    These are the ones I know of
    Dunnes are €16 for 12 cans
    Centra and spar €13 for 8 cans
    Centra have 3 1ltr bottles for €12

Thats pretty good as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Nothing too good on bulmers at the moment

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Thats pretty good as it is.

I agree it’s good but we’ve had better recently
    2 Slabs for €50 wth a shop and combined with a save voucher bringing it down to €40

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I'd expect a few nice deals to show up for Electric Picnic next weekend, so keep an eye out in all the regular places. There'll probably be at least one decent Bulmers deal across the different shops - it's potentially shaping up to be a very sunny weekend and cider goes hand in hand with outdoor summer festivals. If nothing shows up on the Bulmers front, Orchard Thieves will probably take advantage of the vacuum, so should be some nice cider deals coming up either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I'd expect a few nice deals to show up for Electric Picnic next weekend, so keep an eye out in all the regular places. There'll probably be at least one decent Bulmers deal across the different shops - it's potentially shaping up to be a very sunny weekend and cider goes hand in hand with outdoor summer festivals. If nothing shows up on the Bulmers front, Orchard Thieves will probably take advantage of the vacuum, so should be some nice cider deals coming up either way.

Good man for lifting my spirits, only realised an hour ago I'm down to the last 8 cans here and it just tastes so much better when it cost under a euro a can.

As for the Orchard Thieves a friend of mine who works in the brewery gave me some when it was first launched and it was far too sweet for my liking. I thought it was vile. I couldn't drink it even when it was free and I actually get a small shudder if I spot it on display in a shop.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

The following ciders are rank and far too sweet imo
    Orchard thieves
    Outciders
    Cidre
    3 big bottles for €12 From centra sounds good for this afternoon and then 3 more for the evening I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Orchards thieves is the marmite of cider, people seem to love or hate it. Some at best say they could manage a single pint but no more.

I thought it was so blatantly mank that I was shocked to see friends of mine drink it, as I find it wildly different to bulmers which they would usually drink.

People should give the supermarket ones a go, I would rate in this order, aldi, lidl, tesco. This is for the 2L flagons, some have other "premium" ones. Aldi & lidl are both around 3.79 but tesco jacked it up 40cent recently to 4.19. I wondered if this was due to the CO2 shortage. My tesco has only gotten back 1 2L soft drink for sale, a crappy diet coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Cronin's cider is lovely- not as sweet as Bulmers or Orchard Thieves aswell- which is a positive.
    Rare enough that you find it though

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The nicest Irish Cider on the market imo is Double L by Llewellyn’s. Unfortunately you will never see it listed in this thread as it doesn’t come cheap.

Cronin's cider is lovely- not as sweet as Bulmers or Orchard Thieves aswell- which is a positive.
    Rare enough that you find it though

That’s the Kerry stuff isn’t it
    Local pub stocked it and they got a case for free, most of it went back unsold
    Hard to move people from bulmers

BaZmO* wrote: »
    The nicest Irish Cider on the market imo is Double L by Llewellyn’s. Unfortunately you will never see it listed in this thread as it doesn’t come cheap.

Without knowing anything about it- if I saw that in a pub I’d assume it was Welsh

It’s nice- pity it didn’t take in your local!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Without knowing anything about it- if I saw that in a pub I’d assume it was Welsh

Yeah it’s very Welsh name alright. They orchard/farm is based in Lusk.

Tried it once, wasn't great to be honest plus it was over 6 euro for a 500ml bottle.

Stag was a good old thirst quencher back in the day.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Where's the consensus best deal for Craft beers at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Easy Rod wrote: »

LIDL do crafty brewing co beer (rye river valley brewing. Also do mcargles) beers at under €2.00 a bottle all the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 kungfual

Easy Rod wrote: »

In Dublin, Stephen Street News

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

One euro short-dated craft beers in SV Blackrock......get there before I empty!

Around 50 bottles left this morning.

Mostly 500ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Found this place up north just off Jonesbourogh exit before you go into newry .called first and last off licence
    Great deals & they take euro too .Well worth trip

shardylan wrote: »
    Found this place up north just off Jonesbourogh exit before you go into newry .Great deals & they take euro too .Well worth trip

I have no association with them

shardylan wrote: »
    I have no association with them

Just found them to be excellent value

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭droidman123

Anyone know what the story is on the tesco website.on the mobile site it says the molson is €24 for 24,but on the desktop site its says,sorry this product is unavailable

• Registered Users Posts: 27,935 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Anyone know what the story is on the tesco website.on the mobile site it says the molson is €24 for 24,but on the desktop site its says,sorry this product is unavailable

Are you logged in on either of the devices?
    Maybe you are seeing it as out of stock if you are logged in so it's reading the stock for a particular store.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭droidman123

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Are you logged in on either of the devices?
    Maybe you are seeing it as out of stock if you are logged in so it's reading the stock for a particular store.

I was going to order online,i logged in on my desktop and it said it wasnt available,but when i went on to the mobile site ( not the app) it was there as €24 for 24

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

If it’s a bargain in Jonesboro it’s either counterfeit or stolen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement