Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda January intake 2019

Options
  • 25-09-2018 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

I actually never thought i'd be on or creating this but sure look, the vetting might be back before Jan :)

Fingers Crossed for Jan so............

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Nowlan95

Hoopy1888 wrote: »
    I actually never thought i'd be on or creating this but sure look, the vetting might be back before Jan :)

Fingers Crossed for Jan so............

What year did you apply and what OOM are you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GLdeC

Here we go again! I'm from 2017 campaign, OOM early 600's. Finished everything since May. If I get in this one I would be very surprised as I was told my vetting will take some time due to family members leaving abroad.

GLdeC wrote: »
    Here we go again! I'm from 2017 campaign, OOM early 600's. Finished everything since May. If I get in this one I would be very surprised as I was told my vetting will take some time due to family members leaving abroad.

Where abroad do your family members live ?

Nowlan95 wrote: »
    Where abroad do your family members live ?

Brazil, I'm from Brazil as well so only God knows how long it will take for my vetting to be cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

What year did you apply and what OOM are you ?

2017 200s

• Advertisement

Brazil, I'm from Brazil as well so only God knows how long it will take for my vetting to be cleared.

It's probably still better than having relations in the UK that's what's holding my vetting up. I'm from June 2017 and OOM 66

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭weetabix12345

June 17 late 400s. Everything done since July just waiting on the vetting 🙄

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi all, I've moved this thread over to the Garda Recruitment forum where you may get more input and info.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

I'll sit tight here for a few months! Let the waiting commence...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

June 17, OOM 250s, everything done since July. Still waiting on vetting. Fingers crossed for Jan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fabio_1988

Time to accept that I need to follow this thread! June ‘17 campaign, OOM low 400’s, vetting outstanding :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭arainagusime

It's probably still better than having relations in the UK that's what's holding my vetting up. I'm from June 2017 and OOM 66

What is the hold up for the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 peader06

Garda Siochana, were the application process will take longer than your training....

Fabio_1988 wrote: »
    Time to accept that I need to follow this thread! June ‘17 campaign, OOM low 400’s, vetting outstanding :-/

I'm in the exact same boat pal but low 300s. Good to see there's still places free on Oct 22nd intake and ppl getting offered every few days so you just never know. Keep the faith. Lady in the office said they have in the past offred places on the Friday before the induction.

I'm in the exact same boat pal but low 300s. Good to see there's still places free on Oct 22nd intake and ppl getting offered every few days so you just never know. Keep the faith. Lady in the office said they have in the past offred places on the Friday before the induction.

I rang HRM yesterday and they said there’s still a few offers to go out but that my vetting was still outstanding. She did say it could come back at anytime and that I might get an offer but I think she was being nice ha! Have you rang recently about your vetting?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

Rang HRM today and my vetting has cleared. I’m just waiting on a retest for the push pull as I failed that. My 3 months is up in November so hopefully I’ll get it done before Christmas in hope for an offer in January. Here’s hoping!

22nd Intake was full as on Monday just gone according to HRM.

They said there is definetly another one after the new year but wasn't sure of the date.

Going by previous years, when do we think it will start??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,459 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

22nd Intake was full as on Monday just gone according to HRM.

They said there is definetly another one after the new year but wasn't sure of the date.

Going by previous years, when do we think it will start??

Second and third week of January I'd guess, much like this one and July.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 montanas

I rang hrm today to ask about my status, I'm from 2017june campaign, oom low 40s. My vetting is done and file is now with senior management. I was told that inductions start 14 jan, and the actual start date will be 28.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭twoblub

Anyone left from Sept 16 out there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Morgan09

twoblub wrote: »

Ya still here aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Leeroyjenkins

twoblub wrote: »

Yeah me and I know off another 2 as well.

Dates confirmed for induction weeks to be the 14th and 21st with class starting 28th

Rparker17 wrote: »
    Dates confirmed for induction weeks to be the 14th and 21st with class starting 28th

Hope the offers will be out well before Christmas.
    Where did ya hear this?

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    Hope the offers will be out well before Christmas.
    Where did ya hear this?

I’m thinking/hoping the 14th of December. The buddies father in law does the first aid for the induction weeks. He’s booked in for those weeks.

Where did you hear this?

Cheers

I’m thinking/hoping the 14th of December. The buddies father in law does the first aid for the induction weeks. He’s booked in for those weeks.

Happy days! Let's hope my vetting is cleared for then. Wonder is there many 2016 left waiting.

Has anyone called HRM lately to enquire about the vetting? I rang them a few days ago and they told me the system was down, so I got no answer.

Has anyone called HRM lately to enquire about the vetting? I rang them a few days ago and they told me the system was down, so I got no answer.

I called them last week. Vetting still outstanding. Going to give it a month before I ring again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 hopefullLad

Fabio_1988 wrote: »
    I called them last week. Vetting still outstanding. Going to give it a month before I ring again.

Whats your oom?

Advertisement