Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW7 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,712 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Yeah, Yedlin interests me from the Magpies.
    Yip, he is the main one I had in mind too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I went with Robertson to Trippier before Trippiers price rise.

Trippier is unlikely to play the next 2 league games as they have Barca in between them and they'll have to play their strongest side in that one I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I am looking in the bargain bucket for a defender who will mostly be on my bench but is starting for their club, want to get rid of Steve Cook. Bennett looks great value at 4.1. Zabaleta at 4.3 would interest me if he nails down a starting place and takes some set pieces, I think West Ham are better than their start to the season suggests and their fixtures will improve soon. Newcastle fixtures are also going to improve soon and should pick up a few clean sheets, they have a few starting defenders around the 4.5 mark.
    Yeah, Yedlin interests me from the Magpies.
    Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Yip, he is the main one I had in mind too.

Was consdering a Newcastle Player, and Yedlin was the suggested one on FIX. Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Trippier is unlikely to play the next 2 league games as they have Barca in between them and they'll have to play their strongest side in that one I think.

Was going to go Mendy to Tripper last night, dead cert Tripper will be rested? No other real stand out defenders to swap Mendy for. I'd have thought Tripper would have been as nailed as they come

• Registered Users Posts: 36,083 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Was going to go Mendy to Tripper last night, dead cert Tripper will be rested? No other real stand out defenders to swap Mendy for. I'd have thought Tripper would have been as nailed as they come

i was all set to go for Trippier, but those Barca games are bugging me. it'll be a miracle if he plays the next 3 league games. he'll certainly play the league game this coming weekend, but it's anyone's guess which games Aurier will play. i mean, i'd have thought Trippier would've played the Inter game tbh, so who knows what Poch is thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Dearg81 wrote: »

It's the Cararbo Cup(Or however you spell it) this week. I fully expect him to be rotated for that. I can't see Poch resting him for the League game then afterwards also

• Registered Users Posts: 32,860 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I was likely to go with Moura this week but with Maddison starting to find his way and Moura having Barca rotation to worry about I’m tempted to go there instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

It's the Cararbo Cup(Or however you spell it) this week. I fully expect him to be rotated for that. I can't see Poch resting him for the League game then afterwards also

Walker might just well the the better choice then given the uncertainty. Like for like.

Pity as Spurs have two decent games where CS's should be nailed on. Vertonghen is the other one, he's 6.0 and more nailed than any of the Spurs back 5

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Walker might just well the the better choice then given the uncertainty. Like for like.

Pity as Spurs have two decent games where CS's should be nailed on. Vertonghen is the other one, he's 6.0 and more nailed than any of the Spurs back 5

I'll eat my hat if Trippier starts the cup game :pac:

Ive only one left after eating so many lately so I really need this one

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

It's time to offload Monreal. He's usually FPL stalwart but hasn't quite cut the mustard yet.

The question is; do I stick to a premium replacement or go with a mid-range option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

carnie wrote: »
    It's time to offload Monreal. He's usually FPL stalwart but hasn't quite cut the mustard yet.

The question is; do I stick to a premium replacement or go with a mid-range option.

He got a CS on Sunday and nearly scored - excellent fixtures coming up - don’t think it’s worth a transfer unless you have someone you really want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'd say he'll play him against Barca and rotate against Cardiff at home cos not even Aurier couldnt mess that one up.

He got a CS on Sunday and nearly scored - excellent fixtures coming up - don’t think it’s worth a transfer unless you have someone you really want.

I have him had planned to get rid but reckon he is worth keeping for the next 4 games unless you need the cash. As TT said he nearly/should have scored sunday and gets forward a lot, he is in the box for most corners too which is a nice bonuse for an attacking fb

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Begovic, Boruc

Mendy, Roberston, Alonso, Wan-Bissaka, Bennett

Billing, D.Silva, Moura, Mane, Pedro

Mitrovic, Ings, Aguero

1m ITB & 2 FT's

Pedro -> Hazard

D.Silva -> 5.2m??

Could do a 4 point hit to get rid of Mendy & Get Ryan Fraser

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Have Salah and want to get Hazard but....

Thinking of going a one week punt to Sterling in the meantime. Yes it's 4 point hit, but Sterling at home to Brighton, owned by just 3% rather than Hazard home to Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Begovic, Boruc

Mendy, Roberston, Alonso, Wan-Bissaka, Bennett

Billing, D.Silva, Moura, Mane, Pedro

Mitrovic, Ings, Aguero

1m ITB & 2 FT's

Pedro -> Hazard

D.Silva -> 5.2m??

Could do a 4 point hit to get rid of Mendy & Get Ryan Fraser

Thoughts?
    Not sure I'd be rushing to get D. Silva out and bring Hazard in this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Might be breaking the mould here a bit but selling Hazard and Zaha to get in Kane and a 5.0 in midfield - still deciding between Hughes, Kenedy and Lennon.

2 weeks of Kane against Huddersfield and Cardiff (c) then swapping him back to Salah and a budget striker.

Thinking of punting on Kane over Hazard on my wildcard too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,712 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Have Salah and want to get Hazard but....

Thinking of going a one week punt to Sterling in the meantime. Yes it's 4 point hit, but Sterling at home to Brighton, owned by just 3% rather than Hazard home to Liverpool.
    Looking further ahead, City have Brighton and Burnley at home in the next three games, perhaps keeping Sterling for that run is the way to go. Chelsea have two potentially difficult games in that time against Liverpool and Man Utd. You would miss out on Hazard for their game against Southampton though but for two out of three games, Sterling has a more attractive fixture. The following three game block is better for Chelsea which could be the time to switch to Hazard.

People need to remember that Hazard's 5 goals in 3 games was unsustainable form, it shouldn't be a surprise that he blanked last weekend. Even if he only gets one in the next three games, six in seven will be an incredible run of form.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Might be breaking the mould here a bit but selling Hazard and Zaha to get in Kane and a 5.0 in midfield - still deciding between Hughes, Kenedy and Lennon.

2 weeks of Kane against Huddersfield and Cardiff (c) then swapping him back to Salah and a budget striker.
    Funny you should say that thinking Kane/ Lennon in for Firmino/Siggy for -8 both have Huddersfield and Cardiff over the next 2 weeks and I am a long way behind in all my money leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

what are people's thoughts on Iheanacho?
    Cheap, is playing, and they are scoring goals

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    what are people's thoughts on Iheanacho?
    Cheap, is playing, and they are scoring goals

massive rotation risk I would have thought

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Pedro -> Maddison
    Pereyra -> Richarlison
    Neves -> Ward(Cardiff)

for a -4

Need to go now though cause I want to save the dollars

And hope mendy holds tonight so I can see if he suffers the ignominy of an appearance in the EFL cup. If he appears, hold. If he doesnt, sell

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The time to get hazard was before cardiff the easiest fixture in the league. He delivered and you got the added bonus of a pen to boost his score in that match. For those that dont have him i think its best to wait and see what his output is like in the next 3 . Chelsea have had pens in 50% of their games that side of hazards game is unsustainable. Highly unlikely they get close to 19 pens in the league. I personally think its a year of chopping/changing the premium assets. There are no must haves or essential attacking players . I think if you can get the core of your squad set up and be prepared to switch between the premium options for captain you could be onto something. Salah, hazard, aguero and Kane. I think the must haves are the defenders like wan bissaka, alonso, mendy if fit , robertson or Taa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Yeah I bought hazard 2 weeks ago and was very fortunate to get such a good haul against Cardiff but I'm going to ditch him in my wildcard. I am gambling on salah and kane both out scoring him over the next 3 games. I might look at getting him back then but I don't fancy him to score too highly over the next 3 gws.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

I'll eat my hat if Trippier starts the cup game :pac:

Ive only one left after eating so many lately so I really need this one

Ahhh great, another hat eater

We might have to start sharing recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Tracker9

Thinking Gunnarsson and Arni -> Rich and Mitrovic (-4)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I think Kane is due to pop off and soon. Woe be to those who don't have him (myself included).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Bellerin at 5.4???

• Registered Users Posts: 36,083 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

SlickRic wrote: »
    i was all set to go for Trippier, but those Barca games are bugging me. it'll be a miracle if he plays the next 3 league games. he'll certainly play the league game this coming weekend, but it's anyone's guess which games Aurier will play. i mean, i'd have thought Trippier would've played the Inter game tbh, so who knows what Poch is thinking.

Did Mendy ---> Trippier last night with my 1st FT before their respective price changes.

I'd be hopeful that even if Mendy plays the Brighton game that Trippier can at least match him against Huddersfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Are we confident trippier will start the next couple league games? He may get a rest given how important the barca game is. Who is the most nailed on spurs defender?

Advertisement