Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Season Ticket

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭barman linen

Bonniedog wrote: »
    I reckon the Parnell Pass is better value, especially when you factor in free entry to club games.

Like someone above I only joined in 2011 as had to jump through all sorts of hoops to get tickets for the final

I got 4 Season tickets in 2011 and have found them amazing value. I have spent 4900 on tickets through the portal since then and have been at 4 finals and usually hit 88% on attendance. I have 4 adult tickets so it works out at about 1000 a year to go to all the matches per ticket. I think that is great value compared to 1600 a year for a premium ticket - which doesn't get you into Omagh or Pearse Park.

We turn two of the away matches into away day weekends and get to see a bit of the country so I see value there also.

Having 4 seats together in the lower Cusack on AI day is gold dust for me.

Young son has PP for the Hill and that also is amazing value but I prefer the seat nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

I got 4 Season tickets in 2011 and have found them amazing value. I have spent 4900 on tickets through the portal since then and have been at 4 finals and usually hit 88% on attendance. I have 4 adult tickets so it works out at about 1000 a year to go to all the matches per ticket. I think that is great value compared to 1600 a year for a premium ticket - which doesn't get you into Omagh or Pearse Park.

We turn two of the away matches into away day weekends and get to see a bit of the country so I see value there also.

Young son has PP for the Hill and that also is amazing value but I prefer the seat nowadays.

You know you can set up a seating group for 10 people, you'd all be sitting together for the final!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭Trampas

I’ve had the season ticket x 2 since the first year. Don’t want to know how much I’ve spent

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Absolutely worth the money. They're the financial priority every November.

jonseyblub wrote: »
    Just got tickets yesterday. 306 much better than 301 last year!! Does anyone know if I can do this. I've a season ticket and one for my daughter too. Can i give that juvenile ticket (even though it cost €80) to an adult?  The ticket actually says under 16 even though its full price. My two daughters have been sharing the ticket for the last 3 years and have been to 2 all -irelands each (including replay) I'd love to give it to the old man this year.

You'll have absolutely no problem with the tickets. Regardless of what's printed on them as there are no concessions for AIF they're transferable to anyone.

If you still wanna play it safe you take the juvenile one and have your ST on you and let the oil lad go in on your one.

• Advertisement

mayo.mick wrote: »

You know you can set up a seating group for 10 people, you'd all be sitting together for the final!
    Had looked at this before - friend has upper Cusack tickets and he is right in the nosebleed seats this year. How can you guarantee that they put you in the lower Cusack ? I would hate to link them and end up there with him !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Had looked at this before - friend has upper Cusack tickets and he is right in the nosebleed seats this year. How can you guarantee that they put you in the lower Cusack ? I would hate to link them and end up there with him !

Obviously too late now as tickets have been issued and posted out. But for next year, the season ticket account thats in the good seats to set up the seating group and invite the others to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Did they not release more Dublin season tickets a few years ago but stated as upper Cusack. Only time they've really invoked it would be final and maybe semi

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    Did they not release more Dublin season tickets a few years ago but stated as upper Cusack. Only time they've really invoked it would be final and maybe semi

They did indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

I got my Dublin season ticket in 2012 (after the pain getting a ticket for the final in 2011) and it's for the Cusack Upper(when it's open).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

I got my Dublin season ticket in 2012 (after the pain getting a ticket for the final in 2011) and it's for the Cusack Upper(when it's open).

Sames, I prefer the upper always get the 1st few rows and its always central. Best seats in the house imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭frankled

Sames, I prefer the upper always get the 1st few rows and its always central. Best seats in the house imo.

Likewise- Cusack upper, 2012. Best thing we ever did.

They are great seats alright.

But alas I don't think anyone can be complaining. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

anyone know when renewals be open?

I've no longer access to the email address account is set up anymore

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    anyone know when renewals be open?

I've no longer access to the email address account is set up anymore

Usually send an email out in October, will post up here when they do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Usually send an email out in October, will post up here when they do

Got an email today. Open on the 24th Sept. It's €120 this year :rolleyes:

Edit: open until 31st Oct

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭funnyname

lafors wrote: »
    Got an email today. Open on the 24th Sept. It's €120 this year :rolleyes:

Same price as last year

2018 GAA Season Ticket:

Adult €120

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

funnyname wrote: »
    Same price as last year

2018 GAA Season Ticket:

Adult €120

Anyone doing a calculation like is on the first page of this thread for last year? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'm gonna chance my arm and see if there's any chance I'd get a discount for a football and hurling season ticket. Seems a bit harsh to fork out 240 for both but tbh I think the 60% is more than doable for both codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

September 24th. Thanks for that ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

And the good times are over for my 17 soon to be 18 year old son and his u16 ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 37,980 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

km79 wrote: »
    And the good times are over for my 17 soon to be 18 year old son and his u16 ticket

Ah if he looks young he might another few years

I still see grown adults with ancient student cards still using them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'm gonna chance my arm and see if there's any chance I'd get a discount for a football and hurling season ticket. Seems a bit harsh to fork out 240 for both but tbh I think the 60% is more than doable for both codes.

No dice. Bit of a shame although I understand there's probably little demand for it as Dubs have Parnell Pass etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭stop

Anyone notice the nice little asterisk saying tickets to championship games is now subject to ground capacity ;)
    So if a Newbridge situation reoccurs, away won't outnumber home again?

stop wrote: »
    Anyone notice the nice little asterisk saying tickets to championship games is now subject to ground capacity ;)

But season tickets will never outnumber the capacity. There is no rule how many tickets the home fans will get.
    I wouldn't have a problem if there was but as things stand STH should get 1st dibs on the tickets especially those with over 90% attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,281 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I can accept that, if it is being done for the benefit of the game.

However, if you don't get a ticket because the ground is too small, it should count as "Attended" for the purpose of getting an All-Ireland final ticket.

blanch152 wrote: »
    I can accept that, if it is being done for the benefit of the game.

However, if you don't get a ticket because the ground is too small, it should count as "Attended" for the purpose of getting an All-Ireland final ticket.

It could mean that you wont get a 'stand' ticket but will get in the ground. In Omagh there were plenty of stand tickets sent to the terraces.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭glack

No that’s not what it says. It says access to stand tickets is subject to capacity. Stand tickets, not tickets in general. This rule isn’t new. In newbridge, most season ticket holders were standing due to lack of seats!

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭stop

glack wrote: »
    No that’s not what it says. It says access to stand tickets is subject to capacity. Stand tickets, not tickets in general. This rule isn’t new. In newbridge, most season ticket holders were standing due to lack of seats!

My ST is a terrace ticket - the line wasn't on the renewal last year, but is this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭glack

My ST is a terrace ticket - the line wasn't on the renewal last year, but is this year.

The wording was exactly the same on my renewal email last year.

Advertisement