Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

How do you know if volume is high or low?

For example Ryanair is 20000 (I assume in a day) but share price is 13.44.

Does DeGiro have a volume graph anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Pussyhands wrote: »

I use this one -

https://uk.investing.com/equities/ryanair-holdings?cid=50585

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭denismc

cefh17 wrote: »
    Google drive link

As I said before, I'm sure some prices/price changes aren't accurate.. some posted over weekend or people mentioning the price they paid and no price in the post itself. Not as in depth as it could be but this still took me two hours..! :P

Wow, if you sort the columns by % gains it looks very interesting, there are a couple of posters here that seem to be good at picking stocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Bought the 6.1 3 months ago. Bought the 6.1 plus this week. Will sell the 6.1. phenomenal phones for the money

Look at the top 4 smart phone brands, 1 you can't invest in huawei, Samsung is about right but i'd expect it to grow over 12mts, Apple is loosing market share, and the 4th which I called earlier with the highest yoy growth has tanked for no apparent reason and might overtake apple in the next 6mts. Nokia is no where near the 4 of them.
    Think nokia only get a max 3 euro for any 5g devices coming which isn't massive revenue to rocket the share price. HMD are making the money but you can't invest in them either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

I think your should dump Nokia, I've been in and out of it a few times, I think the Aisans will be big in Asia, could be wrong but I think it might be worth keeping an eye on XIACF (Nasdaq)

Can't seem to get US listed Xiaomi with Degiro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Skelet0n wrote: »
    How are the tips gotten on that one?
    I’ve never tipped NVIDIA or Blizzard, I did tip PAVM though which isn’t attributed to me.

Pretty sure Blizzard was me.

Wish I had put more into it in hindsight

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Can't seem to get US listed Xiaomi with Degiro

Your right didn't check just watching it to start trending up before jumping in, see the Hong Kong one but there expensive to buy I think, better put in a request with Degiro then they'll probably list it

VKTX Prices public offering of 9,500,000 shares of its common stock at a price to the public of $18.50 per share

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Providence Oil moving sharply upward today...at last!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭championc

Skelet0n wrote:
    How are the tips gotten on that one? I’ve never tipped NVIDIA or Blizzard, I did tip PAVM though which isn’t attributed to me.

Think I tipped Nvidia after my son told me to. He also told me to jump on AMD at the time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TG860

Pussyhands wrote: »

In Degiro, if you look at the price chart for the stock, in the top right there is a button for "Interactive Graph".This pops out into a separate tab and includes a chart for volume. You can also add a lot of different technical analysis indicators if technical analysis is your thing. Only discovered this feature a few weeks ago but I was impressed, it's quite well put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭daheff

For the current price did you put in a live updater (apologies I can't see the code if you did)... just throw this

=GOOGLEFINANCE("NASDAQ:VKTX", "price")

how do you get this formula to work? Do i need some addin for excel?

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

• Registered Users Posts: 65,032 ✭✭✭✭unkel

daheff wrote: »
    how do you get this formula to work? Do i need some addin for excel?

No, that one only works in Google Sheets (not in Excel)

There are APIs you can use for getting stock values into Excel, but I'm not using any (I am using them for crypto and fx rates though)

As a reminder to us all...GTXI closed at $23.29
    It's trial didn't meet the primary endpoint with results hardly better than the placebo.
    Pre-Market it's at $1.50

Bob Harris wrote: »
    It's trial didn't meet the primary endpoint with results hardly better than the placebo.
    Pre-Market it's at $1.50

RIP.

Pavmed looking like it'll have a good start to the day.

Pre-Market it's at $1.50

Good lord. Anyone here in on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,032 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Pre-Market it's at $1.50

These sort of stocks are massive gambles. Hope nobody here is putting significant savings into them.....and losing the lot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭crushproof

Pre-Market it's at $1.50

Good lord. Anyone here in on them?

Incredible, I have them on my watch list but hadn't been paying attention, didn't realise there was news due. The highs and lows of bio stocks, jeepers!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭MurDawg

TTWO has been a real juggernaut or late, red dead out next month and has generated huge interest. Expecting it to continue its upward trend

Nintendo also looks like great value currently, have some interesting titles coming up for release before EOY which should create some buzz, especially late November/Early December

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

Reckon we'll see ALT get diluted AH today, feel sorry for anyone who tries to hold on over the weekend.

Actually, I don't, holding at this stage would be sheer greed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Spreadsheet man certainly didn't reccomend Neflix at 370. Ironically I sold mine but didnt advice buying at that price!!

Also I did reccomend Pluristem at 1.25 pretty recently. That's all actually.

Goodyear tyres.

Down 30% since January but has just landed contract to supply oem tyres for the new Audi E-tron. Likely means will be the OEM tyre on all VW groups electric offerings for the foreseeable. Just got in at $24.35

I know some of you are into batteries check out
    Ballard Power Systems Inc
    BLDP

Wonder is it worth jumping in? I don't know much about the tech..

Hopped in here too today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Goodyear tyres.

Down 30% since January but has just landed contract to supply oem tyres for the new Audi E-tron. Likely means will be the OEM tyre on all VW groups electric offerings for the foreseeable. Just got in at $24.35

Are they the ones that caused all the deaths?

Googling....

Why, yes they are.

Kuva wrote: »
    Are they the ones that caused all the deaths?

Googling....

Why, yes they are.

That's already long factored into the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Any opinions on JNJ?

Pricey at moment but as a long term investment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

I'm going to purchase Kalytera Therapeutics Inc, I see tipped a few pages back. Which exchange would people suggest buying it on, I see it in Canada and Europe. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

EVR Holdings continuing to slide

Currently at 5.80

Anybody here hanging on to them or cutting losses and dumping?

• Advertisement

I'll hold. No reason other than it's not a loss till I sell. Only put about €150 in

Advertisement