Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Gonna get in on abbvie next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    I'm going to purchase Kalytera Therapeutics Inc, I see tipped a few pages back. Which exchange would people suggest buying it on, I see it in Canada and Europe. Thanks

Canada if you want to watch the fireworks from home in the evenings and Europe if it's sneaking a peak at work.
    Maybe just look at the fees.
    I find the 'original' market is easier to follow discussions about and do analysis on graphs with larger volumes traded etc.
    Good luck with it, if the GVH treatment comes through (whenever that'll be!!) It would be revolutionary.
    Meanwhile they're into handcreams or some such to pay the bills. I think there's a lot of manipulation going on but reckon it'll follow the same pattern... a few swings from 9 to 16.... then rocket ... then dump. Although coming up to legalisation things might be different this time.
    There's other hot biocannapharma at the moment like tetra biopharma and InMed! But as we know on here any biopharma is risky stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Canada if you want to watch the fireworks from home in the evenings and Europe if it's sneaking a peak at work.
    Maybe just look at the fees.
    I find the 'original' market is easier to follow discussions about and do analysis on graphs with larger volumes traded etc.
    Good luck with it, if the GVH treatment comes through (whenever that'll be!!) It would be revolutionary.
    Meanwhile they're into handcreams or some such to pay the bills. I think there's a lot of manipulation going on but reckon it'll follow the same pattern... a few swings from 9 to 16.... then rocket ... then dump. Although coming up to legalisation things might be different this time.
    There's other hot biocannapharma at the moment like tetra biopharma and InMed! But as we know on here any biopharma is risky stuff.

Thanks, is there a difference in the fees for buying either on degiro?

Thanks, is there a difference in the fees for buying either on degiro?

Actually not that much https://www.degiro.ie/data/pdf/ie/IE_Feeschedule.pdf
    When you click to buy it'll give you the total fee before you proceed with the transaction anyway.

Forgot to mention, the European clearing house degiro use (Clearstream) is delisting a lot of 'these types of stocks' in the next few days/weeks, so it should be better to just go through canada. http://www.clearstream.com/clearstream-en/products-and-services/settlement/a18102/98070

You may still be able to purchase them in Euro but what happens after that is unclear (Degiro said they are looking into it..2 months ago). They might transfer them over, they might just sell them off at the cutoff date and give you whatever the price is on that day!!

Jsut following on from Canadian cannabio stocks

Some positive news on Tetra-Bio Pharma TBP:TSV in terms of fybromyalgia treatment and phase 2,3,4 trials HERE.

Id be interested to get anyones' opinion of it on here... leaving all the hype of these stocks aside.

Edit: This is not a tip just yet :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I'll hold. No reason other than it's not a loss till I sell. Only put about €150 in
    Yeah, given the fees involved in selling them it doesn't make sense to dump them I think, only in for about €50 or so myself so no harm, just frustrating to see them continually drop, hopefully they turn around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Bob Harris wrote: »
    As a reminder to us all...GTXI closed at $23.29
    It's trial didn't meet the primary endpoint with results hardly better than the placebo.
    Pre-Market it's at $1.50

Worth a punt today? More drugs in the pipeline, possibly oversold? Thinking longer term.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭howiya

Worth a punt today? More drugs in the pipeline, possibly oversold? Thinking longer term.

Looking very long term I think. They won't have anything going to trials until late 2019, early 2020.

Their current market cap is a reflection of the cash they have at bank. Cash pile will obviously reduce as they continue their studies. Will share price fall in tandem without any news of progress?

Personally I wouldn't take a punt on it as I already have my bottom drawer biotech stock

Would anyone mind if I PMd them a question on buying a stock on degiro?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

howiya wrote: »
    Looking very long term I think. They won't have anything going to trials until late 2019, early 2020.

Their current market cap is a reflection of the cash they have at bank. Cash pile will obviously reduce as they continue their studies. Will share price fall in tandem without any news of progress?

Personally I wouldn't take a punt on it as I already have my bottom drawer biotech stock

And you know what happens when they run out of cash, dilution which kills share price. I'd say hold off and wait until the fire goes out.

• Advertisement

Would anyone mind if I PMd them a question on buying a stock on degiro?

Just ask here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Will sit tight so.

Skelet0n wrote: »
    Just ask here.

Good idea, I was trying to ask such a novice question to only one person to save my embarrassment .

I am trying to purchase €100 worth of stock that is currently 0.07. I have more in my account which will cover the fees. So my thinking was I'd be able to purchase 1428 shares.

Bid vol is 31250

Bid is 0.07

Ask is 0.108

Ask volume is 10,000

So I put my number at 1,428 and my limit at 0.07 and the order hasn't gone through. Am I correct is saying that's because there is only a person willing to sell 10000 at 0.108?

Good idea, I was trying to ask such a novice question to only one person to save my embarrassment .

I am trying to purchase €100 worth of stock that is currently 0.07. I have more in my account which will cover the fees. So my thinking was I'd be able to purchase 1428 shares.

Bid vol is 31250

Bid is 0.07

Ask is 0.108

Ask volume is 10,000

So I put my number at 1,428 and my limit at 0.07 and the order hasn't gone through. Am I correct is saying that's because there is only a person willing to sell 10000 at 0.108?

Is the market currently open?

But yes there's nobody willing to sell at that price.

0.07 is more than just a penny stock, dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Ah sure... sharing is caring. What stock is it?

Is the market currently open?

But yes there's nobody willing to sell at that price.

0.07 is more than just a penny stock, dangerous.

Yes, the market is open.

The stock is Kalytera Therapeutics Inc, I've read up on it after see g it mentioned previously and can see it getting to the 0.25 region.

Yes, the market is open.

The stock is Kalytera Therapeutics Inc, I've read up on it after see g it mentioned previously and can see it getting to the 0.25 region.

That's a Canadian stock? Their market isn't open yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭valoren

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Any opinions on JNJ?

Pricey at moment but as a long term investment

Any time it yields 3% dividends for me is a good entry point.
    JNJ is a stock that once you buy it you never sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Can anyone explain what happened with Centamin about an hour ago? Dropped to 89p and then shot back up to around 103 in a terribly short space of time, glitch?

cefh17 wrote: »
    Can anyone explain what happened with Centamin about an hour ago? Dropped to 89p and then shot back up to around 103 in a terribly short space of time, glitch?

Where did you see that? Price looks around 103 all day for me.

• Advertisement

That's a Canadian stock? Their market isn't open yet.

Im also purchasing some in € S6V4:GR

Up at 0.09 now, would've been nice to get in at 0.07

• Registered Users Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭howiya

Where did you see that? Price looks around 103 all day for me.

Can actually see it too on Degiro just after 1pm. Don't see it anywhere else though

Im also purchasing some in € S6V4:GR

Up at 0.09 now, would've been nice to get in at 0.07

On my Degiro I can only see the Canadian one, I'm not sure what you're looking at.
    howiya wrote: »
    Can actually see it too on Degiro just after 1pm. Don't see it anywhere else though

Probably just a problem with their chart, I can't see it on other charts.

On my Degiro I can only see the Canadian one, I'm not sure what you're looking at.

Probably just a problem with their chart, I can't see it on other charts.

If you search for S6V4 what comes up?

If you search for S6V4 what comes up?

Ah, that's trading as KALYTERA THERAPEUT. O.N not KALYTERA THERAPEUTICS INC.

Yeah, there aren't people selling at 0.07, that's why. Big bid/ask spread.

You can get it on the Canadian exchange if you want. Or pay what people are asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Good day for Verastem Inc holders. Thanks for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

OwlsZat wrote: »
    Good day for Verastem Inc holders. Thanks for the tip!
    I'm still a little off being in black. FDA results out soon though I believe from this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Dr Dre news didn't have as much an effect as I thought on Canopy Growth, wondering is there much left to go in it?

Dr Dre news didn't have as much an effect as I thought on Canopy Growth, wondering is there much left to go in it?

Dr dre... I thought it was Snoop! Just can't keep up with this racket.
    Keep in mind Dre's empire is controlled from an accountants office in clonakilty:confused:

• Advertisement

Yes, the market is open.

TMX Money has live prices. https://web.tmxmoney.com/quote.php?qm_symbol=kaly

Be careful with this one, I reckon it's being slowly pumped like July 17 to Dec 17 to time the impending hype when people go searching for cheaper stocks in the next few months. I suspect it'll stop creeping and go back down again to test the waters then take off. Once it starts to yoyo a little back and forth then that's the time to have a go.
    Although mad I didn't get in at 9c a week or 2 ago. I'm just going to sit and watch for a while. They have Zero news to report in terms of phase trials in the next few weeks/months so you have to ask what is the price based on, if not just market sentiment.

Advertisement