Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Tilray is pure speculation. Apparantly their issued shares have a lock in until January so they can't sell until then.

Just fell off a cliff compared to day highs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

So is TAW a buy now in anyones eyes? I held a handful for a week back during the summer and lost 10% so bailed.

I'd say it's going to take a bit of a beating tonight anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭dublin2000

Prezatch wrote: »
    Some really poor form from the board of TAW today with a very sneaky and hastily put together announcement. I was firmly of the belief that this was a near risk free stock given it's market cap, fundamentals and location but shareholders have been severely shaken. I know there are a few holders on this board and I think the best course of action is not to panic if you can afford to hold these shares for at least another 6 months until things blow over a bit.

Degiro trades direct to market on the SGX so thankfully there shouldn't be too much of an issue transferring over the shares to that exchange. Also important to remember that TAW is one of the few actual producers of lithium in the world, with no debt, offtake agreements in place and more announcements in the near term pipeline such as tantalum offtake, DMS circuit upgrades to increase throughput and more drill results.

When you say hold TAW for a bit longer if you can afford but I thought after the merge all non Aus shareholders' share are forced/automatically sold?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I know some of you are into batteries check out
    Ballard Power Systems Inc
    BLDP

Wonder is it worth jumping in? I don't know much about the tech..

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

I said yesterday I don’t understand shorting biotech stocks, and Degiro doesn’t let me anyway but this seems like a no brainer. So for anyone who can, I’d short ALT, had an almost 300% move yesterday on no news, looks like a pre dilution pump. What goes up and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Trasna1

Looks like vktx will be issuing fresh shares to the public (announcement after close caused some spikiness in the aftermarket.

They didn't really say what kind of volumes that they'd be issuing (from what I could understand of the release). But more volume will retard growth in the sp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Thargor wrote: »
    I'd say it's going to take a bit of a beating tonight anyway...

If anyone is into trend trading there is a 5yr cup and handle formed on TAW's chart which might indicate a break out is on the horizon.

Skelet0n wrote: »
    I said yesterday I don’t understand shorting biotech stocks, and Degiro doesn’t let me anyway but this seems like a no brainer. So for anyone who can, I’d short ALT, had an almost 300% move yesterday on no news, looks like a pre dilution pump. What goes up and all that.

I was half thinking of picking up a few on the dip. Has to crash today.

I was half thinking of picking up a few on the dip. Has to crash today.

The dip could and probably will be massive, Float is 820k shares out of 38m issued. Volume yesterday was 60 times normal daily volume which is 35k.
    Normal service will be resumed today and it'll be back to where it started soon.
    Mind the falling knife.

ALT is definitely in play today but I'd be in and out in the first 15mins I'd say thats where the most price action will be, what direction I don't know, day traders will be all over it early.

• Advertisement

Bob Harris wrote: »
    The dip could and probably will be massive, Float is 820k shares out of 38m issued. Volume yesterday was 60 times normal daily volume which is 35k.
    Normal service will be resumed today and it'll be back to where it started soon.
    Mind the falling knife.

Plus they have authorised share dilution coming, huge dilution, they're almost out of cash. Also they've had two positive results already so no news for a long time except maybe government funding. I'd guess AH Friday dilution announcement.

It's a terrible company, there's lots of people that are still trying to break even from their last crash. I wouldn't touch the stock with a barge pole.

Trasna1 wrote: »
    Looks like vktx will be issuing fresh shares to the public (announcement after close caused some spikiness in the aftermarket.

They didn't really say what kind of volumes that they'd be issuing (from what I could understand of the release). But more volume will retard growth in the sp.

Last offering brought a price spike, don't see why this would be any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Corb_lund

What's the taxation like on places like degiro? Is it related to your income tax?

Corb_lund wrote: »
    What's the taxation like on places like degiro? Is it related to your income tax?

1270 tax free, 33% thereafter.

Last offering brought a price spike, don't see why this would be any different.

I agree, the SP didn't change the last time after last offering and it had only doubled due to MDGL's news. This time they have they have impressive results of their own. I wouldn't be worried about the SP. I'd expect any offering to be well over subscribed.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

dublin2000 wrote: »
    When you say hold TAW for a bit longer if you can afford but I thought after the merge all non Aus shareholders' share are forced/automatically sold?

Not sure where you might have read this. Are you confusing with the spin off COW? That will be automatically sold when it happens alright.

Details are sketchy but it is my understanding that if your broker deals on the SGX then it should just be an automatic switch. There may be a small fee taken by the broker. It's no different to say an Irish share de-listing from the ISE and shifting over to London LSE.

Anyway, it's pretty clear that this has been an unexpected oversight by the Board and they have ****ed up. Calling a trading halt in anticipation of raising debt is a good call. The debt will presumably be used to upgrade the fines circuit but primarily used to clear up this going concern issue which is preventing the merged entity from listing on the ASX.

I think its definitely a good time to buy for those that have the stomach for it. Compared to Aussie peers, TAW merged is valued around 300m, AJM 400m, KDR 400m (both have which have bombed in the last 6 months given the drop in lithium carbonate pricing in China yet they are still valued higher), GXY 1bn, PLS 1.4bn and the big Canadians LAC 480m, NMX 600m which have also bombed (all value in AUD currency)

This was supposed to be a short term play for me but it's dragging it's heels a little now. However I most certainly won't be selling with an average around 38c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭RedRebel92

Anyone know what happened to Medifast? Down 8% on absolutely no news!

Any thoughts on Nintendo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

hi guys - any thoughts on Ripple (XRP) - was thinking of a low end 1k investment over longer term and seel if ever gets to $2.50

Picked up a few Nokia in today's dip. Decent outlook with the 5g contracts in Asia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭RedRebel92

BrookieD wrote: »
    hi guys - any thoughts on Ripple (XRP) - was thinking of a low end 1k investment over longer term and seel if ever gets to $2.50

You'll be waiting a while. Even the creators said it's not a cryptocurrency that you can speculate with. They can create more ripple if they wanted.

BrookieD wrote: »

I still hold 50e worth that I bought at .50

Crypto bubble is pretty dead, you can sometimes make some money on bitcoin or block chain stocks but it's usually just on hype rather than substance.

Long term put it in a blue chip and you'll end up with more.

GALT is getting in on the VKTX act with their own release today of positive trial results

Press release

GALT is getting in on the VKTX act with their own release today of positive trial results

Press release

Positive news but not earth shattering.

Curious about what it will do to VKTX and MDGL.

Positive news but not earth shattering.

Curious about what it will do to VKTX and MDGL.

Very little, this is a cancer drug designed to impove effectiveness of Keytruda, NASH results are still due which will be the big one if positive.

Very little, this is a cancer drug designed to impove effectiveness of Keytruda, NASH results are still due which will be the big one if positive.

With a NASH pipeline it will probably have some effect. Especially with VKTX so volatile at the moment, popped to 22-23 yesterday but had settled back by close, 19 seems like a strong support though.

I have no idea what's going on with ALT, it goes against everything I thought I knew about stocks.

Insane.

I have no idea what's going on with ALT, it goes against everything I thought I knew about stocks.

Insane.

Up 70% today, sorry didn't jump on board just didn't know which way it was going to go.

Up 70% today, sorry didn't jump on board just didn't know which way it was going to go.

Yeah, woulda wanted a tight stop loss on a short position.
    It's going to be a bloodbath on the crash though.

Think there's manipulation to artificially inflate the SP for the dilution, if I was the SEC I'd be looking at it as nobody has touched the stock in months.

• Advertisement

10x the average volume there's something a foot.

Advertisement