Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Skelet0n wrote: »
    Yeah, woulda wanted a tight stop loss on a short position.
    It's going to be a bloodbath on the crash though.

Think there's manipulation to artificially inflate the SP for the dilution, if I was the SEC I'd be looking at it as nobody has touched the stock in months.

Totally artificial run, volume goes up a bit and creates relatively huge demand for shares as the float is tiny, brokers have none available to loan for shorts so the price is maintained until people start to get out and it all falls apart as it inevitably will.
    Look at GBR back in July, LEDS and ANX....all have had huge day or two day spikes, GBR was over $12 in july having been $1.50 the day before. Back at $2 the last while. Nothing more than a low float squeeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

1270 tax free, 33% thereafter.

If you're married can you double it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I know some of you are into batteries check out
    Ballard Power Systems Inc
    BLDP

Wonder is it worth jumping in? I don't know much about the tech..

Quoting myself but did anyone have a look at this who's into the battery tech. Up nearly 8% today. Some of the Tesla heads must know a thing or two.

If you're married can you double it?

You can set up a Degiro account in their name, think you can do it for kids as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Has anyone every done an analysis on this forum's Share Picks overall performance?

Might give that a go this evening.. but it'll be crude at best!

• Advertisement

Even today's page was good for a 100% return....take out the miners and I'd say it looks good. We definitely got the brains here to launch a boards ETF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Picked up some Toronto-Dominion Bank shares today.

The bank’s TD Securities unit has accounted for 21 percent of the buying and selling of marijuana stocks on Canadian exchanges this year, based on data compiled by Bloomberg that charted trading volumes of 125 pot companies.

cefh17 wrote: »
    Might give that a go this evening.. but it'll be crude at best!

I started but gave up after trying to decide on the appropriate headings in excel !

How about we do an online excel or Google sheets and share the load! Someone start and we add at our leisure

I was thinking for criteria..
    Price given on day/time of tip
    Price at end of year in December... OR final price when initial tipster recommends to sell
    Then work off percentages changes only and ignore exchange rate for the mo!
    You can add in live updates for Google so maybe have a running price if tipster doesn't recommend to sell and hold.

Shall we split off to separate thread! There's **** going down with TAW :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Even today's page was good for a 100% return....take out the miners and I'd say it looks good. We definitely got the brains here to launch a boards ETF.

I have a vague memory of this being tried in this forum years ago and I don't think it was very successful, then again it's probably well up now the way the last few years have been.

Picked up some Toronto-Dominion Bank shares today.

The bank’s TD Securities unit has accounted for 21 percent of the buying and selling of marijuana stocks on Canadian exchanges this year, based on data compiled by Bloomberg that charted trading volumes of 125 pot companies.

Seems like a lot of interest is moving into the financing aspect as things look more definite and a feeling that the major players have their value priced in now before legalisation (only thing left is acquisition and mergers).

Australis (acb related, so a bit of a whiff about it) launched this week but tanked as it was free shares dumped asap.
    Canopy Rivers launched today and looks like people have more faith in it.
    Auxly also !
    BTW I have a position in none of the above but following out of curiosity.

• Advertisement

Seems like a lot of interest is moving into the financing aspect as things look more definite and a feeling that the major players have their value priced in now before legalisation (only thing left is acquisition and mergers).

Australis (acb related, so a bit of a whiff about it) launched this week but tanked as it was free shares dumped asap.
    Canopy Rivers launched today and looks like people have more faith in it.
    Auxly also !
    BTW I have a position in none of the above but following out of curiosity.

Yeah I see it as a backdoor for latecomers like myself, I was reluctant to go head first previously. Have Canopy Rivers on my watch list, will look at the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

That CEY tip on the LSE from a few pages ago has been ticking away, up over 10% already.

Great tip.

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Totally artificial run, volume goes up a bit and creates relatively huge demand for shares as the float is tiny, brokers have none available to loan for shorts so the price is maintained until people start to get out and it all falls apart as it inevitably will.
    Look at GBR back in July, LEDS and ANX....all have had huge day or two day spikes, GBR was over $12 in july having been $1.50 the day before. Back at $2 the last while. Nothing more than a low float squeeze.

And so it begins, somebody made nice money today, 70% on the up and 30% in the down. Probably good for another 40% short.

That CEY tip on the LSE from a few pages ago has been ticking away, up over 10% already.

Great tip.

I only picked up 100, I think the transaction is just about paid for. :pac:

I think your should dump Nokia, I've been in and out of it a few times, I think the Aisans will be big in Asia, could be wrong but I think it might be worth keeping an eye on XIACF (Nasdaq)

I think your should dump Nokia, I've been in and out of it a few times, I think the Aisans will be big in Asia, could be wrong but I think it might be worth keeping an eye on XIACF (Nasdaq)

Will take that on board, it's half a novelty buy as I've swapped my iPhone for a Nokia N7+ and I can't believe how good it is, for half the price. Very impressed with the new lines. Also half bought it as my portfolio is too US$ orientated right now and need to make some European moves.

I don't bother going in for less than a grand, the fees aren't worth it. I picked up 2600 of them.

I started but gave up after trying to decide on the appropriate headings in excel !

How about we do an online excel or Google sheets and share the load! Someone start and we add at our leisure

Price at end of year in December... OR final price when initial tipster recommends to sell
    You can add in live updates for Google so maybe have a running price if tipster doesn't recommend to sell and hold.

Ah man, you have more patience than me trying to put all that in! I have poster ( :D;) ), tip, date posted (time wasn't included, so there will be fluctuations), currency, price then/now (obviously you wouldn't hold through all..) and % difference.. will be done soon!

I don't bother going in for less than a grand, the fees aren't worth it. I picked up 2600 of them.

You must have some appetite for risk! Wouldn't pop a grand unless it was blue chip myself (or HIVE) :pac:

Google drive link

As I said before, I'm sure some prices/price changes aren't accurate.. some posted over weekend or people mentioning the price they paid and no price in the post itself. Not as in depth as it could be but this still took me two hours..! :P

• Advertisement

Google drive link

As I said before, I'm sure some prices/price changes aren't accurate.. some posted over weekend or people mentioning the price they paid and no price in the post itself. Not as in depth as it could be but this still took me two hours..! :P

Wow that would have taken me 2 days!

For the current price did you put in a live updater (apologies I can't see the code if you did)... just throw this

=GOOGLEFINANCE("NASDAQ:VKTX", "price")

into the box and get the ticker off google finance e.g. for Viking it's NASDAQ:VKTX

Actually I meant that we do one for 2017 as that year had finished... so get to bleedin work :pac:

Is the link to the one you did above editable by anyone.. maybe just share a link by PM to avoid randomers taking the proverbial!

Wow that would have taken me 2 days!

For the current price did you put in a live updater (apologies I can't see the code if you did)... just throw this

into the box and get the ticker off google finance e.g. for Viking it's NASDAQ:VKTX

Actually I meant that we do one for 2017 as that year had finished... so get to bleedin work :pac:

Is the link to the one you did above editable by anyone.. maybe just share a link by PM to avoid randomers taking the proverbial!

No but that's a great idea! :) Will tinker around with it some more. I think permissions are set to edit for only me for now

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Will take that on board, it's half a novelty buy as I've swapped my iPhone for a Nokia N7+ and I can't believe how good it is, for half the price. Very impressed with the new lines. Also half bought it as my portfolio is too US$ orientated right now and need to make some European moves.
    Bought the 6.1 3 months ago. Bought the 6.1 plus this week. Will sell the 6.1. phenomenal phones for the money

Yeah I see it as a backdoor for latecomers like myself, I was reluctant to go head first previously. Have Canopy Rivers on my watch list, will look at the others.

OGI has a bit to go yet I'd say, and maybe a nice way to get some canopy shares if they ever do a buyout.:pac:
    MPX could be a long shot for the states if the turmoil and uncertainty ever stops. Similarly with ICC labs.
    KALY for a real long shot penny stock. I missed out at selling in the 40c's as I got in at about 12c ... It's back to 10c again if you have the nerve for a rollercoaster (maybe set a stop loss at 30c.

This one is a bit better!
    I think it should auto update prices and whatnot. Shall I pm you/whoever wants the editing link?

Your turn to do 2017 ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Jesus,

beertons wrote: »
    Jesus,

Can't find the ticker, What market are they listed on?

I think it should auto update prices and whatnot. Shall I pm you/whoever wants the editing link?

Your turn to do 2017 ;)

Yikes I'd be afraid of mucking it up if you give me editing capabilities.
    Although maybe throw in filters for the heading and freeze them so they don't disappear when you scroll down.

You might want to double check that 10,000% mark up on ASOS :pac:

I think some folk have added 2017 stuff into your first go!

How come you omitted the posters names in the second version?

Mods: Maybe move this chat to a seperate thread if I prattle on too much!

• Advertisement

Your turn to do 2017 ;)

How are the tips gotten on that one?
    I’ve never tipped NVIDIA or Blizzard, I did tip PAVM though which isn’t attributed to me.

Advertisement