Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Wasn't too impressed with the Bischoff podcast. It's risible hearing him try to defend some of the awful stuff that WCW did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

The positive of Eric is he is willing to admit something is **** a little more readily than Prichard, but the negative is that whereas Prichard sometimes defends things a little tongue in cheek and adds in humour, Bischoff gets aggro and goes off on Meltzer or Time Warner instead which makes him come off as worse and less credible.

The Bret Hart show was an abomination. He claimed to have never offered Bret a deal in 1996. There's transcripts of his Prodigy interviews from early 1997 where he openly spoke about offering Bret that deal in September 96. Once he's getting **** wrong at the very outset of the show, it's hard to take anything else he says seriously.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

oneilla wrote: »
    Wasn't too impressed with the Bischoff podcast. It's risible hearing him try to defend some of the awful stuff that WCW did.

His book is a great read but with the same problem - takes zero responsibility and spins things to make himself look impeccable. My guess is that he believes every WCW wrestler is listening and doesn't want to give 'em an inch!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

oneilla wrote: »

I'm not sure, the one quote I remember from the podcast is Eric saying his head wasn't in the game/he'd lost interest in WCW at that stage. Sounds like it was a ship without a Captain if you read between the lines. That's pretty much taking full responsibility as far as I'm concerned?

He has for years relied on the idea that the AOL-Time Warner merger killed WCW, while the dirtsheet line has been that it was Bischoff, Nash, Russo and those who booked it into oblivion.

The truth, as always, lies somewhere in the middle. I have no doubt that the anarchy behind the scenes and the changing dynamics Bisch had to deal with really hurt the business. Equally, if you watch WCW from late 1998 through late 2000, it is the least coherent and most illogical weekly wrestling ever produced, save maybe for 05 - 08 Impact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

You would never think someone like Bob Holly would be an episode topic. His book worth a read since he did not hold anything back in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,348 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bruce and Conrad will be doing a live show here in December tickets go on sale Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Bruce and Conrad will be doing a live show here in December tickets go on sale Friday.

Yeah I heard that at the top of this weeks show. Any word on a date/prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I just checked it's on in the Woolshed. Odd venue. Looks like it sold out already. Think they could have done a bigger room.

I just checked it's on in the Woolshed. Odd venue. Looks like it sold out already. Think they could have done a bigger room.

You sure that isn't last year's show you were looking at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭brick tamland

sirmanga wrote: »
    You sure that isn't last year's show you were looking at?

Yeah he is

UK tour is 6th-9th of December so it'll be a day or 2 either side you'd think.

Venue wise I'd imagine it'll be Vicar Street if available. Can't think of anywhere else it may be.

Did you just assume my Gender? Lol

Any update on the STW live show in Ireland. Haven't heard or read a thing. Tickets are supposed to be on sale today according to last week's show.

Date has been announced for the STW live "Irish" show.
    December 5th in.... Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

What's Conrads obsession with AJ Styles age ?

It seems like he manages to show horn it in to almost every episode

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Becky was on JRs podcast last week and Christ JR said he wasn't but he was flirting with her badly. I mean nothing really new from Becky, other than she addressed the fact people see her as charlottes sidekick which she seems to not be happy about.

Does anyone listen to Lilian Garcias podcast anymore ? I used to listen it as she had wrestlers who I'd never heard doing podcasts anywhere else and it was interesting. The only thing that I found annoying is she seemed to have every female guest in tears by her bringing up bad memories they had. She was joe Duffy with the misery.

I don't think Conrad has an obsession with Aj's age, I think it just to make a point of how in better shape wrestlers are now compared to years ago.

AJ is clearly his go to guy for that point but he should defo change that up. Lesnar is in his 40's too, wouldn't be a bad reference point. Whenever he even BEGINS to reference someone's age, you think "here comes AJ..." :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Becky was on JRs podcast last week and Christ JR said he wasn't but he was flirting with her badly. I mean nothing really new from Becky, other than she addressed the fact people see her as charlottes sidekick which she seems to not be happy about.

Does anyone listen to Lilian Garcias podcast anymore ? I used to listen it as she had wrestlers who I'd never heard doing podcasts anywhere else and it was interesting. The only thing that I found annoying is she seemed to have every female guest in tears by her bringing up bad memories they had. She was joe Duffy with the misery.

I don't think Conrad has an obsession with Aj's age, I think it just to make a point of how in better shape wrestlers are now compared to years ago.

Jr has been kinda creepy with the women on his podcast lately been a hard listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Anyone check out How It Ended? It's alright like, really liked the Marty Janetty and Paul Roma episodes. Matt Koon is pretty good but I feel Robbie E is just a lure for listeners. He adds very little to the podcast and just sounds really stoned the majority of the time.

Wait what? He lures in listeners but he adds very little & sounds baked? Wouldn't that repel listeners rather than lure them in?

• Advertisement

Conrad did a Reddit AMA which is interesting, lots of cool nugs.

Someone asked him if the arguing on the Bruce/Eric shows ever lead to real life bad blood and he said just once - after the Pillman show with Eric a couple months back, they got so hot at each other he thought the show might be done, but they talked it out in the end.

A couple more pertinent notes from that AMA with Conrad:

- He has an ECW show in the pipeline. On hold until after Starrcast but there might be some movement then.
    - He has plans to do a 'guest' series. If you heard the Talk Is Jericho with him, that's the basic idea. He'd go through guys careers with them in deep dive form, but obviously it would be more a one off than a recurring show. This would be super interesting to me. Feel you'd learn a lot about the guys, and you'd hear some cool stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

Anyone check out How It Ended? It's alright like, really liked the Marty Janetty and Paul Roma episodes. Matt Koon is pretty good but I feel Robbie E is just a lure for listeners. He adds very little to the podcast and just sounds really stoned the majority of the time.

It like it. Nut hated the Jannetty episode. A self obseesed tool was my take away from it.

Do Koon and Conrad have real life heat?

bot43 wrote: »
    It like it. Nut hated the Jannetty episode. A self obseesed tool was my take away from it.

Do Koon and Conrad have real life heat?

Nope, they work together. Koon helps Conrad on his shows.

I don't mind Belfast. Any word on venue/prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Are there any live wrestling shows / live podcasts shows coming to Cork in next few weeks? I have a Ticketmaster voucher to use or it will expire.

Having listened to the most recent Something to Wrestle, it appears that Conrad and Bruce have begun to run out of ideas.

Conrad ran through all of the upcoming episode topics through to early 2019.
    One of the episodes will be a two in one, it's about the Hardcore Title for the first half and then about Daniel Puder for the second half.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sirmanga wrote: »
    Having listened to the most recent Something to Wrestle, it appears that Conrad and Bruce have begun to run out of ideas.

Conrad ran through all of the upcoming episode topics through to early 2019.
    One of the episodes will be a two in one, it's about the Hardcore Title for the first half and then about Daniel Puder for the second half.

Was always going to happen, that format would only sustain for so long. It's like watching the Network from the first Raw episode... eventually you'd catch up to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Conrad and Bruce are the goats of wrestling podcasts.

Still enjoy it more than ever before. Although im a bit indifferent to 83 weeks with Bischoff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Reckon they will get to the stage of offering their opinion on the current product. Still some folks to mine like Yokozuna, Luger, Godfather would be interesting, Rikishi.

Advertisement