Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

sirmanga wrote: »
    Having listened to the most recent Something to Wrestle, it appears that Conrad and Bruce have begun to run out of ideas.

Conrad ran through all of the upcoming episode topics through to early 2019.

You listened to him list 12 new topics and concluded they've run out of ideas? Would it not be more indicative of running out of ideas if they didn't have new topics as opposed to because they do? :confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Monokne wrote: »
    You listened to him list 12 new topics and concluded they've run out of ideas? Would it not be more indicative of running out of ideas if they didn't have new topics as opposed to because they do? :confused:

I think it was more in reference to the fact the format has changed from one topic to two topics in one episode. Implying they’re running out of content for the topics they have left.

Ah ok. I think that's more because they're topics they see as interesting but would not fill an entire episode, but maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I’ve gotten back up to date with STWW lately. It really is my only must listen to pro wrestling podcast. Conrad is a fantastic host. So knowledgeable and well research. Bruce is a brill storyteller.

It really is as they stated. They have split topics because they are covering subjects that alone wouldn’t merit a full episode. The Hardcore championship is one I have been waiting for.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I’ve gotten back up to date with STWW lately. It really is my only must listen to pro wrestling podcast. Conrad is a fantastic host. So knowledgeable and well research. Bruce is a brill storyteller.

It really is as they stated. They have split topics because they are covering subjects that alone wouldn’t merit a full episode. The Hardcore championship is one I have been waiting for.

It's still my favourite wrestling podcast as well, the problem is there is serious overlap on topics.

When discussing Mankind, The Outlaws and Crash Holly and some Wrestlemanias they've covered alot of the Hardcore Championship, they've already discussed the genesis of the title from a previous episode.

I have to agree Conrad does some serious research into each episode.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

I think Conrad and Bruce will regret not breaking down the likes of Macho Man and a few others into a few episodes, the way they are covering Shawn's career. And Hogan's.

As much as I enjoy the 4 and 5 hour marathon episodes, they sure are burning through topics that way.

Oddly enough I'm hyped for the Puder episode, so between us that episode has a lot to live up to :D

I think what is great about the lesser espisodes is the fact they could reveal some fantastic titbits.

With some of the bigger events and superstars so many of the storys and tales have been told.

Puder was such a blip on the PW line-up nobody has really talked about. Can't wait to see what Bruce reveals in terms of juicy gossip.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I think what is great about the lesser espisodes is the fact they could reveal some fantastic titbits.

With some of the bigger events and superstars so many of the storys and tales have been told.

Puder was such a blip on the PW line-up nobody has really talked about. Can't wait to see what Bruce reveals in terms of juicy gossip.

i think with the lesser episodes bruce is also a bit more willing to spill some juicy gossip then say when there talking bout hulk or other bigger stars

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

Conrad is great, bruce is the annoying know it all who was close enough to the source to know a few things and guesses on the rest. I find him impossible to listen to. 86 weeks is far better imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Conrad is great, bruce is the annoying know it all who was close enough to the source to know a few things and guesses on the rest. I find him impossible to listen to. 86 weeks is far better imo

listened to 2 of erics podcasts but found him painfull.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

sky88 wrote: »
    listened to 2 of erics podcasts but found him painfull.

'I don't recall' is his favourite line. They should put that on a t-shirt.

He must have serious memory issues.

Everything is too general with him, whereas Bruce has the ability to go into specific detail.

I find 83 Weeks is a bit more about "Eric" and less about the company and WCW.

I very much enjoy 83 weeks but I'll admit you have to be in the right mood. It's a bit more low key than Bruce P.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

My wrestling podcast list is
    1.jim cornette experience and drive thru
    2. Edge and Christian(with special mention of the most unintentional funny person in Tommy dreamer)
    3. Between the sheets
    4. Mid south wrestling tv review
    5. Something to wrestle with

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

'I don't recall' is his favourite line. They should put that on a t-shirt.

He must have serious memory issues.

Everything is too general with him, whereas Bruce has the ability to go into specific detail.

Bruce says that himself a lot, could easily be on a t shirt of his too, its usually Conrad poking at him about something he does know about but doesn't want to divulge for whatever reason(s)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Bruce says that himself a lot, could easily be on a t shirt of his too, its usually Conrad poking at him about something he does know about but doesn't want to divulge for whatever reason(s)
    What annoys about Bruce is his refusal to talk about money. I love money talk.

WWE are really anal about not publishing the value of contracts like other sports and forms of entertainment do . Bruce still has this mentality .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

What annoys about Bruce is his refusal to talk about money. I love money talk.

WWE are really anal about not publishing the value of contracts like other sports and forms of entertainment do . Bruce still has this mentality .

Probably something to do with the fact they're all independent contractors, being grey with pay is probably one of the benefits for WWE in that arrangement and Bruce probably wants to keep some things under wrap

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Whatculture Youtube give the OSW boys a shout out as one of the ten best pods on wrestling. Number 2 in the rankings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Even though it's their opnion, it is pity that Lilian got left out of the list since I think her podcast is underrated.

Her show is the absolute definition of hit and miss. She can get interviewees to talk about issues they often may not, and they open up to her in such a way that they are often engaging and emotional conversations. On the other hand, that style doesn't work so well with often. If you have someone who's not particularly interested in anything further than a surface level chat, it can be so awkward with Lillian taking the conversation places the other party doesn't want it to go, and the interviewee just shutting down. Awkward pauses galore.

Having said that - the good shows are very good. Her interviews with Becky, Paige & Zelina amongst others were great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Given up on the attitude era podcast. Can't even be bothered to finish the "season 3" finale.

It was fun when it started but Kev becomes well annoying. Also in the wake of the well researched "Something to wrestle with" & "Square Circle Gazzete," three lads just looking back and going "Yeah that match was ok" it's not really enough insight for me.

Also be glad to never hear about Kev other podcasts again.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

Given up on the attitude era podcast. Can't even be bothered to finish the "season 3" finale.

It was fun when it started but Kev becomes well annoying. Also in the wake of the well researched "Something to wrestle with" & "Square Circle Gazzete," three lads just looking back and going "Yeah that match was ok" it's not really enough insight for me.

Also be glad to never hear about Kev other podcasts again.

Ya it's getting tedious now
    Cinema swirl is probably his best work since season1 of AE pod but it's just annoying listening to them now and kevs constant noise interruptions
    Dont know if you have ever listened to the new generation project podcast but that's 3 guys worth listening to ,well researched funny and very insightful

Something To Wrestle is in a little bit of a funk for me of late. It feels like they've gone to the well with 1998 stuff a lot. Could do with late 80's/early 90's shows again, freshen it up a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Monokne wrote: »
    Something To Wrestle is in a little bit of a funk for me of late. It feels like they've gone to the well with 1998 stuff a lot. Could do with late 80's/early 90's shows again, freshen it up a little.

From what I understand they have recorded all of their episodes up to the new year. They have increasingly busy schedules and Conrad just got married.
    They may still be recording a little intro for each one to talk about feedback from the previous week's show but thats about it.
    You'll notice that the episodes are quite short lately, by STW standards.

sirmanga wrote: »
    From what I understand they have recorded all of their episodes up to the new year. They have increasingly busy schedules and Conrad just got married.
    They may still be recording a little intro for each one to talk about feedback from the previous week's show but thats about it.
    You'll notice that the episodes are quite short lately, by STW standards.

Really? I thought that they had topics decided as opposed to shows in the can. Wonder where they got time to do that around the wedding.

The edge and Christian podcast is back after a break and it's Nita Strauss and HBK(I've not listened to it yet) but there is a link for two free months to the WWE network if you subscribe before november 19th.

wwenetwork.com/awesomeness is the link btw.

The network are doing the same offer with Jericho, Bisch and Prichard's shows at the moment as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jake the Snake on Joe Rogan podcast.

Powerful stuff.

• Advertisement

The Edge and Christian podcast won't be back for a few weeks i'm guessing (and it was gone again after one week) due to Edge's mother dying this week. Jesus it's been a rough few weeks for Edge and Beth.

Advertisement