Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The Edge and Christian podcast won't be back for a few weeks i'm guessing (and it was gone again after one week) due to Edge's mother dying this week. Jesus it's been a rough few weeks for Edge and Beth.

Did something else happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

TimesArrow wrote: »

I thought this as well when I read itssoeasy's quote but couldn't find anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 BeckyBloomwood

TimesArrow wrote: »

Beth's dad died in October as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

ricero wrote: »
    Jake the Snake on Joe Rogan podcast.

Powerful stuff.
    I really enjoyed it. He's been really screwed up by the child abuse stuff. Great to see him turn his life around though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah I enjoyed that Joe Rogan interview. Jake is clearly from another era and comes out with stuff that's not 2018-friendly, but I like how Joe handles that (just regularly saying "nooooo..." when he gets weird to distance himself - but not stopping Jake either) while still allowing it to air because I'm big and bold enough to hear that stuff and make my mind up. And his story is worth telling, whether he's embellishing or not he's a fascinating character.

Not wrestling related, but if you've similar feelings to the above, Joe Rogan interviewing Roseanne Barr is a similarly anti-PC interview that's fascinating on the same level. You don't have to like or agree with everything she says, but I love interviews like that where they just let a person air their **** out, warts and all, and give them a fair chance to do so. It's really ballsy in 2018 and probably the best podcast I've listened to this year as a result.

• Advertisement

Beth's dad died in October as well.

Oh wow, that's a bad stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

horrible few months for the family especially when you could tell how close edge and his mam were from his hall of fame speech

I wonder what will become of STW now Prichard is back in WWE. At least when he gets sh*tcanned next time he will have new material for the reboot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Jim Cornette's recent reviews of Raw on his podcast were really entertaining. Had to fast forward about 30 minutes into each show to get to the Raw review, mind. He insists on doing his boring anti Trump stuff, which is essentially him parroting what other people say about Trump to make people think they sound intelligent. I actually gave up listening to Cornette because of his redundant schtick on Trump. As Norm Macdonald said, making fun of Trump is an easy way to make a living for bad comedians, but smart comedians dont even talk about it. Why Cornette feels the need to do this, I don't know. I'm sure people don't listen to an 80s wrestling manager's podcast to get political opinions.

The popularity of these two Raw review episodes should send a message to him to stick to wrestling, because he's really good at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Never listened to his podcast before, or paid much attention to Cornette at all really, but tried it after hearing good things about his recent Raw reviews. It's pretty good, some interesting production notes etc.

Really makes you realise how same-y it is every week. Suicide dive/ads/return from ads/heel in control with rest hold at least 3 times every week. I don't see why they won't change it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,295 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder will Brother Lover address his return to the Fed in this weeks pod.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

I can't believe Prichard went back to WWE. He's talked about how hard the grind was, his heart attacks and the travel schedule. It's probably worse now as they have to make more content than ever.
    I know people say the money brought him back, but he's got to be in his 50's now and the popularity and success of STW I thought would have been enough for him.
    I know STW has been in decline quality wise so it might be good if he goes back to the WWE a bit, get fired again and STW a reboot in a way.
    Reports that Jim Ross will take over, most of what works for STW is the chemistry between the guys, I doubt it will be there with Ross.

jface187 wrote: »
    I can't believe Prichard went back to WWE. He's talked about how hard the grind was, his heart attacks and the travel schedule. It's probably worse now as they have to make more content than ever.
    I know people say the money brought him back, but he's got to be in his 50's now and the popularity and success of STW I thought would have been enough for him.
    I know STW has been in decline quality wise so it might be good if he goes back to the WWE a bit, get fired again and STW a reboot in a way.
    Reports that Jim Ross will take over, most of what works for STW is the chemistry between the guys, I doubt it will be there with Ross.

Hadnt heard anything about JR i would not be listening if its him

although i wouldnt be suprised if conrad/bruce do a little storyline that they hate each other now as Conrad has been radio silent on twitter since it broke

sky88 wrote: »
    Hadnt heard anything about JR i would not be listening if its him

although i wouldnt be suprised if conrad/bruce do a little storyline that they hate each other now as Conrad has been radio silent on twitter since it broke

Conrad & Bruce said the show will continue on todays show. Suspect it may wind up on the network more regularly though.

jface187 wrote: »

Prichard had heart attacks working for TNA, 4 years after he had left WWE.

According to Bischoff, they spoke privately and Prichard mentioned that while he had earned more money from the podcast/shows/shirts than he ever had in WWE, he was just always happier working in that company and wanted to go back.

I am delighted for him. Anyone earning a living working on their passion is a good thing in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Delighted for Bruce, he had unfinished business in WWE. Hope he does well.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,295 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So both Conrad & Bruce both say the Podcast won't end and will still arrive weekly.

The live shows will end after the advertised dates are fulfilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I always enjoy Lilian Garcia podcast since it has different vibe compared to other wrestling podcasts.

Most wrestling podcasts would go through timeline of someone's career and ask same old questions where as Lilian podcast goes a lot more personal in terms of questions.

I like Lilian and I agree that her shows often have depth you don't get in other podcasts. She's keen to get to the emotion, the feeling of the topic or subject at hand.

Having said that, it can make for awkward shows with people who are not so open to that style.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Monokne wrote: »
    I like Lilian and I agree that her shows often have depth you don't get in other podcasts. She's keen to get to the emotion, the feeling of the topic or subject at hand.

Having said that, it can make for awkward shows with people who are not so open to that style.

I've not listened in a while but I felt Zelina Vega came across very well on Lillian's podcast. She seemed to love the way Lillian does her podcast although I'm not that big a fan of the emotion every episode I've listened to. It feels like she is trying to make the guests cry.

• Advertisement

Yeah that's what I mean.

If you're someone like Paige or Becky who is emotionally available and wants to get into her story, this makes for gripping listening.

If it's AJ Styles, someone who seems fairly guarded & private, it's uncomfortable listening. It's like she's directing the conversation one way and the other party is pushing it the opposite direction. The whole thing feels redundant and awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Is 83 weeks any good?

Jericho's podcast seems to have improved the last few months, fewer ads.

Also - anyone listening to Cornette's podcast?

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Is 83 weeks any good?

never got into 83 weeks myself i find myself listening to the start of a lot of them and never going back. dont think eric is as good a storyteller that bruce is and at least when bruce is lying he makes it entertaining.

havent listened to jericho in ages i just couldnt deal with him mentioning him and shawns feud in 08 any longer but do want to get back into as i always found he was a great interviewer when he resists relating everything to himself.

83 Weeks is good if you are interested in the minutae of business and Eric Bischoff's thought process in running WCW. He rambles & gets deep in the weeds. He is the classic exampe of someone where you ask him the time and he tells you how to build the watch.

I find the business stuff very interesting, so I enjoy it.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Is 83 weeks any good?

Jericho's show has lost something now he doesn't have WWE guys on, for me. I am not interested in his pop culture shows.

Conrad starts a new show next week, "Grilling Jim Ross" with JR. Jim was on the inner circle of a number of promotions for 2 decades plus and unlike Bruce, has been less defensive about some of the bigger errors companies have made while he was there, so I hold out hope for this. Ross on his own has not been good, I really think he needed a co-host to get the best of him.

Monokne wrote: »
    Conrad starts a new show next week, "Grilling Jim Ross" with JR. Jim was on the inner circle of a number of promotions for 2 decades plus and unlike Bruce, has been less defensive about some of the bigger errors companies have made while he was there, so I hold out hope for this. Ross on his own has not been good, I really think he needed a co-host to get the best of him.

Been finding him hard to listen to but love Conrad hosting so I’ll give it an episode or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Conrad is great because he does research and fills in the limitations whether deliberate or not of the three guys he works with already. Pritchard, bischoff, and Tony have terrible memories it seems.

Prichard has a great memory.

When you are 55, it's not that easy to recall individual specifics on random incidents in granular detail from 20 & 30 years ago. Prichard does a really good job with that. Much more so than the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,967 ✭✭✭cena

Any sign of Austin's podcasts coming back

Advertisement