Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The wrestling god vince russo on stone colds podcast this week bro is worth a listen bro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

leggo wrote: »
    It’s exactly that but it’s also very interesting as they go through the whole process of putting it together then DVD commentary style chat about the match itself.

It just feels inappropriate for this medium. Give it a month.

How can I invest in Jericho - Naito at the same time as he's beating me over the head with this? It's like watching the girls line up when they're doing the Susan G Komen stuff, then five minutes later they're in a blood feud. It's a complete disconnect, you can't suspend disbelief when they're beating you over the head with 'IT'S A WORK'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Monokne wrote: »

How can I invest in Jericho - Naito at the same time as he's beating me over the head with this? It's like watching the girls line up when they're doing the Susan G Komen stuff, then five minutes later they're in a blood feud. It's a complete disconnect, you can't suspend disbelief when they're beating you over the head with 'IT'S A WORK'

I don’t disagree there either, yeah. It’s weird how he’s gone about it, like the morning of WK I listened to the Callis show to get hyped and then, while they’re explaining how this work came together, Jericho starts working and planting seeds for the Naito feud. I don’t mind when people blur the lines a bit, Jericho himself is usually great at that, but here it’s totally obvious when it becomes a work which renders it ineffective.

I can’t claim to understand the logic, likely because there is none and he just wants to milk how good he is (thereby ruining it just a touch). BUT I’d be lying if I said I didn’t find it an interesting listen at the same time, they’ve got a cool story to tell. Like you said had they left it a few months until he’d wrapped up his business (**** tape the interview and sit on it for a while), it would’ve been perfect. Still, I guess it’s experimentation and, even if it’s a bit off, give me that over going through the motions any day.

I still don’t buy that he did “rooty tooty booty” as a genius way to subtly turn heel for a second though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

ricero wrote: »
    The wrestling god vince russo on stone colds podcast this week bro is worth a listen bro

Any funny stories?

leggo wrote: »
    I don’t disagree there either, yeah. It’s weird how he’s gone about it, like the morning of WK I listened to the Callis show to get hyped and then, while they’re explaining how this work came together, Jericho starts working and planting seeds for the Naito feud. I don’t mind when people blur the lines a bit, Jericho himself is usually great at that, but here it’s totally obvious when it becomes a work which renders it ineffective.

I can’t claim to understand the logic, likely because there is none and he just wants to milk how good he is (thereby ruining it just a touch). BUT I’d be lying if I said I didn’t find it an interesting listen at the same time, they’ve got a cool story to tell. Like you said had they left it a few months until he’d wrapped up his business (**** tape the interview and sit on it for a while), it would’ve been perfect. Still, I guess it’s experimentation and, even if it’s a bit off, give me that over going through the motions any day.

I still don’t buy that he did “rooty tooty booty” as a genius way to subtly turn heel for a second though.

Yeah that one may be a stretch :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Conrad taken his love of flair to new levels

https://twitter.com/RicFlairNatrBoy/status/953298872952123392

Roll Tide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

It doesn't bother me in the slightest. If you've been to wrestling shows you'll see them before and after selling merchant or taking down the ring or whatever.

Not much different to watching a documentary or interviews before or after seeing the film. (to me anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Holy smoke that's a bit weird. I'd love to get the lowdown on Conrad's story and just what he's about.

There is no doubt that he is a fantastic podcaster and broadcaster but at times he comes across like a right bell end.

I have a feeling he is absolutely minted.

oneilla wrote: »
    It doesn't bother me in the slightest. If you've been to wrestling shows you'll see them before and after selling merchant or taking down the ring or whatever.

Not much different to watching a documentary or interviews before or after seeing the film. (to me anyway)

At the point Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill change their twitter handles to Bruce Wayne & Clarke Kent then go back and forth on Twitter to build up Batman V Superman, only to be all chummy immediately thereafter it's a fair comparison. Until then, they are different mediums and should be treated as such.

I am pleased it doesn't bother you, but I very much expect there's still a substantial chunk of the pro wrestling audience that it does. Imagine Bret & Shawn or Austin & McMahon had done this in the late 90's? Would have taken the edge off things for sure.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Any funny stories?

Decent enough listen some interesting behind the scenes stuff during the rise of Austin. Funny story near the end involving Vince McMahon in a drag race.

On a side not fair play to Conrad hes punching well above. Would love to go on the beer with Bruce and Conrad.

• Advertisement

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Holy smoke that's a bit weird. I'd love to get the lowdown on Conrad's story and just what he's about.

There is no doubt that he is a fantastic podcaster and broadcaster but at times he comes across like a right bell end.

I have a feeling he is absolutely minted.
    He is. Flair would never stop talking about it. Pics of his house on social media look nice. Guy spends thousands and thousands on wrestling memorabilia.

Does anyone think Conrad and Bischoff will do a podcast together?

They've been "feuding" on twitter but I feel it's a work and now Bischoff is a guest at a Prichard/Conrad show in Brooklyn.

Bischoff said he'll return with a new podcast soon as well.

Does anyone think Conrad and Bischoff will do a podcast together?

They've been "feuding" on twitter but I feel it's a work and now Bischoff is a guest at a Prichard/Conrad show in Brooklyn.

Bischoff said he'll return with a new podcast soon as well.

They met to discuss it about 6 months back. Conrad said at the time they may work together in the future. This was before they started going back and forth on twitter. Certainly wouldn't shock me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Well, they are doing one on Friday.

They met to discuss it about 6 months back. Conrad said at the time they may work together in the future. This was before they started going back and forth on twitter. Certainly wouldn't shock me.

I'd like to see it. Conrad would push him a lot harder on questions unlike Bischoff's last co host!

I am sure Nick Hausman is a nice kid but he was the primary reason I unsubscribed. He was terrible.

The Kickout on NearFM is a pretty good radio show style podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Listen to Cultaholic podcast with Maffew from Botchamania. I like Botchamania but Maffew kinda comes across awkward talking and joined by King Ross and Jobber Jack doesn't help. It's a bit of shambles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Yeah, he's way better off away from those two gimps.

26904521_1127246077412969_8939604634627318811_n.jpg?oh=9b23f45eb7859bec1161e107fe831337&oe=5ADBB075

As part of Low Blows, I'm proud to announce that JUSTY has a brand new podcast, 'The Spandex Pantomime' that just dropped this morning on our new 'Low Blows Network' at Patreon.com/HashtagLowBlows. It's like a regular wrestling podcast except dripping in sarcasm and Justy's Irish wit. I'm telling you now it's going to be one of the best wrestling podcasts going, just based off some early stuff we've taped for it and ideas Justy has.

If people subscribe: they get free access to ALL of our parties, so the Rumble, Mania and SummerSlam, but also our new monthly No Spoiler Mondays for all PPVs (starting with Elimination Chamber, I'll give more info in the parties thread), plus big NJPW/indie cards, they get exclusive drink offers at our nights and first dibs on table bookings, in addition to this and one extra podcast (along with the Low Blows flagship, which will remain free) to start with and we'll be adding shows in time. That's for €8 (+VAT) per month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

Seems Prichard is getting narrkier and narkier every time Meltzers name is mentioned. The Rockers and Rumble 98 he has a few straight pops at him. Its kind pathetic of him I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭SarahVOW

New one I came across: 2 Irish fans review 2017 in wrestling. Voices of Wrestling have added it to their feed. Pretty good as it's broad beyond the scope of WWE.

https://t.co/vvplUVMMyS?amp=1

Thanks Oneilla!

First 3 Episodes where we recall all the wrestling shows we attended and watched in 2017 are up.

I got got access to our analytics today and the numbers are WAY higher than I had expected with only 5% of listeners in Ireland. I know we got a shout out on talking sheet but if anybody else hears we got a shout out will you please let me know because the figures seem TOO HIGH based on the known plugging they got (NOT A BAD THING)

https://audioboom.com/channel/sarah-sarah

SarahVOW wrote: »
    Thanks Oneilla!

First 3 Episodes where we recall all the wrestling shows we attended and watched in 2017 are up.

I got got access to our analytics today and the numbers are WAY higher than I had expected with only 5% of listeners in Ireland. I know we got a shout out on talking sheet but if anybody else hears we got a shout out will you please let me know because the figures seem TOO HIGH based on the known plugging they got (NOT A BAD THING)

https://audioboom.com/channel/sarah-sarah

It's probably because it's on the VOW feed. Maybe you got a lead-inbump from whichever podcast was on before or after yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

bot43 wrote: »
    Seems Prichard is getting narrkier and narkier every time Meltzers name is mentioned. The Rockers and Rumble 98 he has a few straight pops at him. Its kind pathetic of him I find.

To be fair he does have a point. Meltzer gets most of his information second or third hand. Some people act like everything he writes is the gospel. Bruce was actually there and it must be annoying seeing some completely off the mark stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

To be fair he does have a point. Meltzer gets most of his information second or third hand. Some people act like everything he writes is the gospel. Bruce was actually there and it must be annoying seeing some completely off the mark stories.

I love STWW but just because Bruce was there doesnt mean hes 100 percent honest about the truth either.

Prichard was likely a source for Meltzer. They met at Mania weekend last year and shared a stage, hugged and posed for pics etc.

Prichard was likely a source for Meltzer. They met at Mania weekend last year and shared a stage, hugged and posed for pics etc.
    This is a different framing of what actually happened. Bruce was overly friendly and Meltzer looked wildly uncomfortable.

Not to say they did not at one point speak. In the 80's and 90's, Meltzer was talking to everyone.

DVGj2XTWkAAyGWm.jpg:large

I can honestly say this week's edition of 'The Spandex Pantomime' is one of the funniest wrestling interviews I've ever heard. Jordan Devlin, B-Cool and Sammy D sit in with Justy and just rip into each other with embarrassing stories, like Jordan's promo fail that night, how Rhyno left Sammy with his dick in his hand thinking he was going to die and B-Cool's bladejob rib (seriously one of the best wrestling stories going).

We've made the episode free to all so they can check out the kind of craic that happens every week on the Low Blows Network. Give it a listen here.

Few mad Jake Roberts stories on the recent 6:05 Super podcast.

• Advertisement

Listening to this weeks stww and bruce really hates this lisa wolf person. Cant say i know all that much about her.

Advertisement