Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Dublin ban Burqas and Hijabs?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Big whoop over nothing
    its like transgender toilets non issue
    I have very rarely seen burkas or hijabs in dublin and when I do see them I don't give a fcuk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

theballz wrote: »
    Non-Muslim countries give every freedom to Muslims, but Muslims never give any freedom to their minorities.

Denmark have done it, we should too.
    So you think the Muslim way is right? People should only be able to dress the way the government say? I'd prefer to let people choose to wear whatever they want.

If we are going to ban certain people wearing certain items of clothing then I propose that we ban obviously non sporting people from wearing track suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

I would ban them from public buildings and shops etc. Just like I would ban anyone wearing ski masks/balaclavas from these places. It makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I'm not overly delighted when I see a woman wearing a Niqab, and I see it a lot more here in the UK. It is a sign of oppression to me, even if many of the women who wear it are choosing to do so. However, I'm not really that comfortable with a government banning an item of clothing either, that seems very restrictive too, especially because it most likely alienates these women further.

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    I'm not overly delighted when I see a woman wearing a Niqab, and I see it a lot more here in the UK. It is a sign of oppression to me, even if many of the women who wear it are choosing to do so. However, I'm not really that comfortable with a government banning an item of clothing either, that seems very restrictive too, especially because it most likely alienates these women further.

Women in Muslim society are very much second class citizens within their own type. That’s not even a debate. It’s Amazing how many excuses people make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,739 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It should be on a sign at ports and airports, anyone not liking it should fook the right off.

M

wakka12 wrote: »
    Big whoop over nothing
    its like transgender toilets non issue
    I have very rarely seen burkas or hijabs in dublin and when I do see them I don't give a fcuk

I'd go to war over trans specified toilets. If a tool can't go to one toilet or the other he/she/it should stay ta fook at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Rjd2 wrote: »
    People should be allowed to wear what they want no matter what there religion is.

Grease n oil it is so. And before ya ask what religion. It's a cult I'm setting up. Name not decided yet.neeed suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

One of the London 7/7 bombers escaped wearing one of them.

The Black Widows of the Moscow Theatre Siege wore them

Every lad in the ‘Ra wore white y-fronts. A few lads from the INLA wore boxer-briefs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Cover yourself from the neck down no problem. However your face should be visible. We convey alot by facial expression it is important for interaction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

If a person cannot wear a motorbike helmet in a place for security reasons.
    Then no one else should be allowed to float that law either.
    Plain and simple.

One of the London 7/7 bombers escaped wearing one of them.

The Black Widows of the Moscow Theatre Siege wore them

Every lad in the ‘Ra wore white y-fronts. A few lads from the INLA wore boxer-briefs.

Jimmy sands wore brown pants apparently......

timthumbni wrote: »
    Women in Muslim society are very much second class citizens within their own type. That’s not even a debate. It’s Amazing how many excuses people make.

It so fascinating that people that ****e on about let people wear what they want because you know I'm a progressive person. Gob****es. It's an item representing repression. Knobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Of course it’s debatable as you’re using Western standards to comment on standards in Muslim societies. You’re basically comparing apples and oranges. If you’re going to attempt to make that comparison then by the same standards, women in Western society are also just as much ‘second class citizens within their own type’.

deco nate wrote: »
    If a person cannot wear a motorbike helmet in a place for security reasons.
    Then no one else should be allowed to float that law either.
    Plain and simple.

What law would that be?
    Where is illegal to wear a helmet?

RustyNut wrote: »
    What law would that be?

Be a dick all you want. Never said illegal.
    Petrol stations, banks,
    And most reception areas will have notes in the windows saying such.

Your sad post is bull****. Try harder next time.

Gob****e post

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

What law would that be?

All public buildings and banks etc will have a sign telling motorcyclists to remove their helmet before entering the building.
    Its for security reasons.
    Why should anyone else be allowed cover their face beyond recognition entering the same buildings?

M

What law would that be?

Most fuel stations have it as a condition of sale, if someone arrives clad in the same gear where facial ID is impossible they should also be refused sale on security grounds. Personally I would not conduct business with any company allowing unknown identifiables to conduct sales.

But not illegal, no law?

Of course it’s debatable as you’re using Western standards to comment on standards in Muslim societies. You’re basically comparing apples and oranges. If you’re going to attempt to make that comparison then by the same standards, women in Western society are also just as much ‘second class citizens within their own type’.

How so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

K.Flyer wrote: »
    All public buildings and banks etc will have a sign telling motorcyclists to remove their helmet before entering the building.
    Its for security reasons.
    Why should anyone else be allowed cover their face beyond recognition entering the same buildings?

Next time you see a woman in a bank wearing a niqab you should say it to her :rolleyes:

What law would that be?

I'd like you stop posting ****e, how about that. Not illegal, but it would be nice to stop with your crap.

Most fuel stations have it as a condition of sale, if someone arrives clad in the same gear where facial ID is impossible they should also be refused sale on security grounds. Personally I would not conduct business with any company allowing unknown identifiables to conduct sales.

As well as that who the fook interacts with the rest of humanity through a helmet.you want integration piss poor way about it

I admit that women in western society still face adversity in certain aspects. However in comparison to Islamic countries you are really taking the piss.

But not illegal, no law?

You are the one to start bs.
    An I will say fcuk off with your posts. You keep on with this **** when it has been pointed out to you.

deco nate wrote: »
    What law would that be?

I'd like you stop posting ****e, how about that. Not illegal, but it would be nice to stop with your crap.
    I'm sure you'd like people to stop pointing out when you're wrong ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

RustyNut wrote:
    But not illegal, no law?

Whatabout respecting local custom. As the saying goes when in Rome... Simple solution if you don't like the ideals or behaviours of a society probably best not to move there.

If you ban hijabs, then the next step is banning hoodies.

As a regular hoodie wearer, I say no.

We are (trying to become) a liberal nation. We need to get out of this habit of banning stuff we dont like. Don't like abortions? Don't have one. Don't like Burqas? Don't wear one. Don't like booze being sold after 10pm? Don't buy any.

I'm sure you'd like people to stop pointing out when you're wrong ok.

Point out to me were I said it was illegal? Keep up muppet, I said points of sales were they are not accepted.
    Keep back tracking

Mod-Banned

• Advertisement
    M

As well as that who the fook interacts with the rest of humanity through a helmet.you want integration piss poor way about it

Exactly, I won't ring Joseph Duffy esquire when I'm arrested drinking a tray of cans outside Burj Khalifa of an evening.

Advertisement