Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Oh heard of it passing. Was it good yaa?

Was alright, only went cos don't work a million miles away..

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭WanderlustIre

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Grand ta, I lack the same sense of urgency since I went back to the terrace ticket - tho there's still the nagging doubt I'll get a nally - used to really annoy me that after spending the bulk of the summer in the lower Cusack, finals threw you up in the gods - 2015 we were nearer the north strand than the pitch :rolleyes:

Funnily enough i always end up decent enough seated. I always manage to pull a ticket or 2 from the club. So do have a choice come the sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Was in the ticket office around 11. No queue at all. Just me and two other lucky souls collecting our tickets. They did have a security guard on the door though, so maybe they are expecting big crowds at lunch time and when people get off work.

Or it may have been the advance look out for Ger Brennan. I saw him in there 2 years ago collecting the UCD allocation and he had cash coming out of his ears, pockets and assorted bags and envelopes. Good luck to anyone who tries to mug Ger Brennan btw. :D

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Was in the ticket office around 11. No queue at all. Just me and two other lucky souls collecting our tickets. They did have a security guard on the door though, so maybe they are expecting big crowds at lunch time and when people get off work.

Or it may have been the advance look out for Ger Brennan. I saw him in there 2 years ago collecting the UCD allocation and he had cash coming out of his ears, pockets and assorted bags and envelopes. Good luck to anyone who tries to mug Ger Brennan btw. :D

I was there 950 there was 20 odd waiting. Ger is no Cian O Sullivan haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

What's the queue like?, Gonna head in later

There and back within an hour - my jaysis talk about low key, was only myself another fella and an older woman - tho I think she was looking for guineys

• Advertisement

There and back within an hour - my jaysis talk about low key, was only myself another fella and an older woman - tho I think she was looking for guineys

Last year was huge crowd genuinely think there will e empty seats

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

I doubt that but would imagine that anyone currently without a ticket will pick one up on Sunday. Tyrone support is not as big as Mayo's and this final does not have the same appeal as any of the others since 2011. I would also suspect that Dublin will pick up a good few extras more than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

I wish looking for a ticket for the lad that drives us to every match, none to be found ( so far)

I wish looking for a ticket for the lad that drives us to every match, none to be found ( so far)

You will 100 percent get one mate. Keep ear to the ground.

I was thinking . On All ireland final day does anyone do any specifics? I wake up every Dublin match morning and play the same CD through i have for last few years.

Big fry for the brekkie. Been trying to avoid fried food for the past few years, but AI final day is like Christmas Day. It's special & so is the grub. I usually regret it a few hours later though, when the nerves kick in. :o

Always go to my dads grave in Glasnevin the day before. It's usually his birthday the week of the final, so it's a nice tradition to maintain, even though the dates are off this year.

• Advertisement

Always go to my dads grave in Glasnevin the day before. It's usually his birthday the week of the final, so its a nice tradition to maintain, even though the dates are off this year.[/quote]

I lost my son to an early childhood illness the week of the final 2011, some of the lads on the panel and clubmen gave me a jersey. This thursday and every thursdsy of final week since ive went and laid the jersey on the grave. Gives a nice feeling he is there at the final.

I lost my son to an early childhood illness the week of the final 2011, some of the lads on the panel and clubmen gave me a jersey. This thursday and every thursdsy of final week since ive went and laid the jersey on the grave. Gives a nice feeling he is there at the final.

Ah that's lovely. I'm very sorry for your loss.

This time of year really makes us feel connected to those who are no longer here to share these special times. My own father wouldn't have been a big GAA man (which is funny considering he grew up next door to Croker) but I got my love of sport from him and the rest is history. Most importanly, he also signed off on my going to the '83 semi final & final with the brother, when the Mammy (also not a big GAA head) had a monumental fit of the vapours at the mere mention of it.

Thanks Da !

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Ah that's lovely. I'm very sorry for your loss.

This time of year really makes us feel connected to those who are no longer here to share these special times. My own father wouldn't have been a big GAA man (which is funny considering he grew up next door to Croker) but I got my love of sport from him and the rest is history. Most importanly, he also signed off on my going to the '83 final with the brother, when the Mammy (also not a big GAA head) had a monumental fit of the vapours at the mere mention of it. Thanks Da !

I was thinking of that. All ireland final day was always huge for an has always had emotional attachment. I know a guy(if anyone is connected to Kilmacud Crokes will know who this is) he plays damien Dempsey version of Rainy night in soho for all those who passed away and couldnt attend hes the purple and yellow with all the names on it.

I swear it brings it out in us hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Slattsy wrote: »
    This time next week I'll either be waking up with a hangover or waking up with a hangover.

Hope you all have Monday booked off work.

Booked the 2 days off last October to be on the safe side the aul lad forgot about the dates changing and my Ma booked a holiday so he wont be here for the final, So his ticket going to my other half as requested by the aul lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Vinny and Seanan on this AI preview.

https://audioboom.com/posts/6987200-blue-is-the-colour-50

Vinny on particular form.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It's time to get down to the serious questions now lads: what jersey to wear? The 83 retro replica, or the modern AIG one?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,296 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

CatInABox wrote: »
    It's time to get down to the serious questions now lads: what jersey to wear? The 83 retro replica, or the modern AIG one?

Every sports fan knows you wear a jersey from years ago but not the retro, you buy a new jersey and leave it in the wardrobe for 10 or so years then pull it out and boom people know your the real deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Gok Won has special programme on this tonight.

Think I shall go with the 1995 Keith Barr no. 6 tribute number. Given the opposition and all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭yobr

The lucky one....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,105 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

yobr wrote: »
    The lucky one....

Same here. It broke a 16 year barren spell and only let me down once when the Wizard of Donegal cast a spell on it.

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Same here. It broke a 16 year barren spell and only let me down once when the Wizard of Donegal cast a spell on it.

Dont bring that up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I've a lucky half sleeved jacket that's seen me through AI's, underage championships but it has slumped in a Feile final .. i guess it's only for ages 15 and upwards ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

The one that fits(or the one that nearly fits the most).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

Nevermind all that lads. The All-Ireland is only a minor event...

Who will manage Mayo next????

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,105 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Dont bring that up

Its grand. I had it exorcised.

I am barred from all discussions about AI final attire, after the unfortunate family Christening in 2013, where I was proudly declared I was going to be wearing the same lucky underwear (as well as Dubs tshirt and jeans) from 2011.

They had been laundered and set aside since, but I neglected to mention that moderately important fact at the time.

I haven't been let live it down since. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Tough one, hard to call between me Celtic or Liverpool one.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Gael85

Slattsy wrote: »
    Tough one, hard to call between me Celtic or Liverpool one.

:D

Celtic are playing at one on sunday. I wonder will they put back the Dublin match?:D:D

Gael85 wrote: »
    Celtic are playing at one on sunday. I wonder will they put back the Dublin match?:D:D

Why would they? Are Donegal playing in the final and I missed the memo? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Alan Brogan on OTB now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement