Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The food forum has a post about coddle. What are we going to talk about while avoiding talk of the All Ireland if those guys are stealing that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

You're a mod.

Can you not get whoever started that thread and whoever posts in it banned until Monday?

Edit: I see carrots, pearl barley and...wait for it... Clonakilty sausages...from effing Cork like... being bandied about there. :eek: :eek: :eek:

They are all crimes against humanity. More than enough for imprisonment, never mind a warning or a ban here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭billyhead

Lads. Any idea as the best way to source a ticket for this. I am not a club member.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

billyhead wrote: »
    Lads. Any idea as the best way to source a ticket for this. I am not a club member.
    Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭WanderlustIre

billyhead wrote: »

Are you a gaelic fan hah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

It's cheap to join a club. Even if you want to be a social member with access to the bar but no vote you will get it for 25 a year. The social member may never attend a match but they will buy Lotto tickets and often provide a bit of music in the bar

Edgware wrote: »
    It's cheap to join a club. Even if you want to be a social member with access to the bar but no vote you will get it for 25 a year. The social member may never attend a match but they will buy Lotto tickets and often provide a bit of music in the bar

Most our members are involved one way or another. Coaching, lining pitches, playing tennis, supporting on side

• Registered Users Posts: 12,085 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

ProudDUB wrote: »
    You're a mod.

Can you not get whoever started that thread and whoever posts in it banned until Monday?

Edit: I see carrots, pearl barley and...wait for it... Clonakilty sausages...from effing Cork like... being bandied about there. :eek: :eek: :eek:

They are all crimes against humanity. More than enough for imprisonment, never mind a warning or a ban here.

Mogerly sausages were in my Coddle as a youngster. Sometimes Granby if we couldn't afford Mogerly. The rashers could've been from anywhere as long as the were cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Mogerly sausages were in my Coddle as a youngster. Sometimes Granby if we couldn't afford Mogerly. The rashers could've been from anywhere as long as the were cheap.

I use cocktail sausages in mine. Tis convenient.

Down there for dancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ropg

Tyrone team named:

Tyrone (All-Ireland SFC final v Dublin): N Morgan; M McKernan, R McNamee, P Hampsey; T McCann, F Burns, P Harte; C Cavanagh, C McShane; M Donnelly, N Sludden, K McGeary; M Bradley, R Donnelly, C McAliskey

Subs: M O'Neill, L Brennan, R Brennan, M Cassidy, H Loughran, C McCann, D McClure, A McCrory, HP McGeary, C Meyler, R O'Neill

• Advertisement

ropg wrote: »
    Tyrone team named:

Tyrone (All-Ireland SFC final v Dublin): N Morgan; M McKernan, R McNamee, P Hampsey; T McCann, F Burns, P Harte; C Cavanagh, C McShane; M Donnelly, N Sludden, K McGeary; M Bradley, R Donnelly, C McAliskey

Subs: M O'Neill, L Brennan, R Brennan, M Cassidy, H Loughran, C McCann, D McClure, A McCrory, HP McGeary, C Meyler, R O'Neill

If this is the team that starts ill be amazed. No chance.

Just seen sarah Rowe has signed for Collingwood aussie rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,240 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Best commentary ever. Cmon mayo,a mayo man needs to win this kick out, cmon david clarke a good kick out..... ohhh nk its gonna go Out over THE SIDELINE... OHHHH NOOO

It was almost as if they expected a Dublin fella to give Mayo the ball, or maybe do the decent thing and score an own goal, and let Mayo win!
    Have those dastardly Dubs no shame?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

It was almost as if they expected a Dublin fella to give Mayo the ball, or maybe do the decent thing and score an own goal, and let Mayo win!
    Have those dastardly Dubs no shame?

Its like that feeling running for a bus and it pulls off.

Waittttt Waittttt, WAIIITTTTT. :mad::mad:
    AHHHHH Ya b@stard.

The heartache in the commentary is amazing, First time I heard it. I love when Rocker gives him an oul body shot after kicking the winner. Insult to injury kinda job.

Mogerly are from Ballyer, no? No problem there.

It's porcine products from Langerville winding up in a coddle that the Dublin Standards Corps - 2nd Battalion: Coddle Division have a major problem with.

Wars have been fought over less.

Jesus, is it Sunday yet? :o

It's porcine products from Langerville winding up in a coddle that the Dublin Standards Corps - 2nd Battalion: Coddle Division have a major problem with.

Im on this watching clips of 95

• Registered Users Posts: 12,085 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Yea. Mogerly used to be in Ballyer near C&C. A great Dublin sausage just like Granby's. A sad day when a foreign sausage ends in in a coddle.

Yea. Mogerly used to be in Ballyer near C&C. A great Dublin sausage just like Granby's. A sad day when a foreign sausage ends in in a coddle.

Sure its foreign if it is further then Commercials clubhouse or Cuala

True. Or Skerries Harps and Man O'War.

Gael85 wrote: »
    Dublin have used 35 players in 8 League games.Appearances+Subs for 2018 League Games

Dublin have scored 8-125 and conceded 5-98 in 8 League games. Scorers 2018 League Games

Rock, Dean 1-32
    Kilkenny, Ciaran 2-18
    Basquel, Colm 0-15
    Scully, Niall 2-9
    Fenton, Brian 1-9
    Mannion, Paul 1-6
    Andrews, Paddy 0-5
    Howard, Brian 0-5
    McMahon, Philly 0-4
    O’Gara, Eoghan 1-1
    Costello, Cormac 0-3
    McManamon, Kevin 0-3
    Small, John 0-3
    Small, Paddy 0-3
    Cooper, Jonny 0-2
    Lowndes, Eric 0-2
    Brogan, Bernard 0-1
    Byrne, David 0-1
    McCarthy, James 0-1
    McHugh, Conor 0-1
    Reddin, Ciaran 0-1

Jayus, Kilkenny has scored an awful lot.
    If someone asked me who was second top scorer after Rock I would not have got it.
    Basquel is another surprise that he is up so high.

• Advertisement

True. Or Skerries Harps and Man O'War.

Yes thats the northern hemiisphere. Outside visa is required

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭C__MC

One of the most bizarre stats for this weekend is that c Kilkenny is yet to score in any all Ireland final at senior level

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭daviddwyer

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

C__MC wrote:
    One of the most bizarre stats for this weekend is that c Kilkenny is yet to score in any all Ireland final at senior level

I didn't know that.

He took up a very defensive role last year. A waste of his best skills imo.
    TBH Reddin and Carthy were tried in the high output role too but couldn't pull it off to leave him in the forwards.

Last year a lot was down to MDMAs energy missing at midfield, dragging McCarthy into midfield

I hope Dublin line out with McCarthy at 6, Fenton and MDMA at 8 & 9 and Kilkenny in a more traditional no 10 role playing closer to goal as he has all year.

However if things don't go to plan he'll be back closer to the half back line again.

Howard has helped him this year as has a returned to form Flynn

Stoner wrote: »
    I didn't know that.

He took up a very defensive role last year. A waste of his best skills imo.
    TBH Reddin and Carthy were tried in the high output role too but couldn't pull it off to leave him in the forwards.

Last year a lot was down to MDMAs energy missing at midfield, dragging McCarthy into midfield

I hope Dublin line out with McCarthy at 6, Fenton and MDMA at 8 & 9 and Kilkenny in a more traditional no 10 role playing closer to goal as he has all year.

However if things don't go to plan he'll be back closer to the half back line again.

Howard has helped him this year as has a returned to form Flynn

But what were ya doing up at half four in the am?!

McCarthy in midfield. Disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Best of luck to ye tomorrow lads cannot see how ye will be beaten but stranger things happen all the time in sport. I am sure Jim Gavin and his troops will be wary. Hope ye all got tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Team named:

Cluxton; McMahon, Sullivan, Murchan, Small, Cooper, McCaffrey; Fenton, McCarthy; Scully, Callaghan, Howard, Mannion, Kilkenny, Rock.

Strangest team Gavin has named so far. Doubt they will set up that way. No Fitzsimons, MDM, Andrews to name just the most obvious initial omissions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Team named:

Cluxton; McMahon, Sullivan, Murchan, Small, Cooper, McCaffrey; Fenton, McCarthy; Scully, Callaghan, Howard, Mannion, Kilkenny, Rock.

Strangest team Gavin has named so far. Doubt they will set up that way. No Fitzsimons, MDM, Andrews to name just the most obvious initial omissions.

Costello too.

• Advertisement

mickeyk wrote: »
    Best of luck to ye tomorrow lads cannot see how ye will be beaten but stranger things happen all the time in sport. I am sure Jim Gavin and his troops will be wary. Hope ye all got tickets

That's the reason I am not worried at all, another manager and another team could get caught up in the hype. But not this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement