Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭WanderlustIre

Gael85 wrote: »
    Will wait for the football in 2 weeks. Usually head up to St Judes 7 a side.

U up that part of the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Gael85

U up that part of the world?

From Walkinstown but living up in Tallaght. Would watch a lot of club games Thomas Davis, St Marks are nearby and Judes, Towers and Marys are only down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭WanderlustIre

From Walkinstown but living up in Tallaght. Would watch a lot of club games Thomas Davis, St Marks are nearby and Judes, Towers and Marys are only down the road.

Marks have fell from Grace something terrible over the years, they went up a few years ago and have lost a few good lads and team has fallen.

Davis hadnt a great year and Mary’s, both down in final 4 or 5. Jude’s level on points with ourselves. Some smashing clubs up round there, I’ve hurled against commercials up that way too.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Oh sweet jebus.
    I'm only one card short of a sonny myself sometimes .

All that sonny posting came in handy last week. I won a score from an accountant in the office.

Told them there was 5 or 6 lads in that Meath team that started at county level in the 1970's

I rattled them off like rain man

Marks have fell from Grace something terrible over the years, they went up a few years ago and have lost a few good lads and team has fallen.

Davis hadnt a great year and Mary’s, both down in final 4 or 5. Jude’s level on points with ourselves. Some smashing clubs up round there, I’ve hurled against commercials up that way too.

Marks have no one coming through. Dotsie, John Kelly ,Danny & Sean McCann still the main men. All 33+. TD going well in league and should win senior B championship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,377 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    I don't know why Kerry don't play all their home games in Croke Park so

Spillane wouldn't allow it would he?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Aslan and Jedward to boot

When was it that Brush Shields was prancing about?

That was before the camogie final in 2003! Dublin drew with Clare in junior final (won replay) and poor Brush was swarmed by hundreds of stick wielding little girls, including my own.

He may have appeared again.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Dublin played all home league games in Parnell up to at least 2005.

Looked up last night Dublin played their home league games in Croker from the 60s up to 1995.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Looked up last night Dublin played their home league games in Croker from the 60s up to 1995.

They played all league games for years in CP but thought it was before 1995 they moved games to Parnell.

Hurlers used to play home games in O'Toole Park for a while. Not exactly the San Siro!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Gael85 wrote:

I was born in the late 70s went to the football games with my family it was always the canal end or the hill,

Parnell Park was club games and some hurling games.

I don't remember a league game in Parnell Park. Memory might be fading though

• Advertisement

Bonniedog wrote: »
    They played all league games for years in CP but thought it was before 1995 they moved games to Parnell.

Hurlers used to play home games in O'Toole Park for a while. Not exactly the San Siro!

I remember going to see Dublin/Leitrim in 95 in Croke Park. That was was when played league games before Christmas. The league games in February, March were played in Parnell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

You crashing your car going round the Walkinstown roundabout, or Mayo winning the All Ireland. Which one has happened more often? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

For once, it really looks like we have the support of most of counties. I work with a few culchies (must ask HR how they got in) and they all seem to want a Dublin win. And it doesn't sit well with me I must admit, most the fun was winning and annoying everyone else :D

Tbh, I really didn't realise Tyrone were that disliked around the country.

Ah $hite in a bucket. I thought this thread would stay down on Page 2 until next week at least.

I was loving all the peace and quiet.

You do realise what you just started didn't you? All the Animals - ok, one in particular - will be coming out of the woodwork now.

Ah well, had to happen sooner or later.

Chocolate Coddle donut anyone? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Ah $hite in a bucket. I thought this thread would stay down on Page 2 until next week at least.

I was loving all the peace and quiet.

You do realise what you just started didn't you? All the Animals - ok, one in particular - will be coming out of the woodwork now.

Ah well, had to happen sooner or later.

Chocolate Coddle donut anyone? :rolleyes:

Pfft, you can get coddle pizza out in Clontarf now.

I know. I'm afraid to go in.

I may never be seen or heard from ever again.

(No bloody loss sez you...Shurrup sez I :p )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Slattsy wrote: »
    For once, it really looks like we have the support of most of counties. I work with a few culchies (must ask HR how they got in) and they all seem to want a Dublin win. And it doesn't sit well with me I must admit, most the fun was winning and annoying everyone else :D

Tbh, I really didn't realise Tyrone were that disliked around the country.
    I've read some delusional posts on here, but this one takes the biscuit.

What biscuit? I like a Toffeepop.

There is some support more than usual from other Ulster counties, I've noticed that, Cavan, Donegal, Monaghan etc

The rest not so much
    Meath and Kildare have not changed

Kerry want Tyrone to protect records

Slattsy wrote: »
    What biscuit? I like a Toffeepop.

Hobnobzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!!!

Anyone ever tried Tesco's chocoate digestives? The Lidl version are rubbish. You can't bate old Mr McVitie. God bless him and save him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

CatInABox wrote: »
    Pfft, you can get coddle pizza out in Clontarf now.

Where what? Where?

I've to dander over to Martin's Offie later for some beer so I'm willing to stretch for a coddle pizza while I'm out.

Hobnobzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!!!

Anyone ever tried Tesco's chocoate digestives? The Lidl version are rubbish. You can't bate old Mr McVitie. God bless him and save him.

They better be chocolate Hobnobs.

Of course. Need you even ask.
    Where what? Where?

I've to dander over to Martin's Offie later for some beer so I'm willing to stretch for a coddle pizza while I'm out.

The Baths in Clontarf.

https://thebaths.ie/

PIZZAS

DUBLIN CODDLE - €16 g, mk
    mozzarella, guinness sausage, organic bacon, potato, parsley, mustard honey glaze

PARMA HAM - €18 g, mk
    baby mozzarella, basil oil

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Stoner wrote: »
    There is some support more than usual from other Ulster counties, I've noticed that, Cavan, Donegal, Monaghan etc

The rest not so much
    Meath and Kildare have not changed

Kerry want Tyrone to protect records

All these choices are predicated on the lesser of 2 evils :rolleyes:

A Tyrone friend of mine was telling me he was introduced to a woman from Kildare, she straight off announced she would be shouting for Tyrone but that it was a close run thing because of Mickey's public utterances on the abortion referendum :confused:

Wimmin a peculiar species - Mrs Doc on the other hand just ****in hates the Dubs - she'd make a case for North Korea. Trump or Al Qaeda against us, but she'll still get stuck into the celebratory takeaway when we win the 4 in a row - you can't live with them and you can't poison them..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

DoctaDee wrote: »
    All these choices are predicated on the lesser of 2 evils :rolleyes:

A Tyrone friend of mine was telling me he was introduced to a woman from Kildare, she straight off announced she would be shouting for Tyrone but that it was a close run thing because of Mickey's public utterances on the abortion referendum :confused:

Wimmin a peculiar species - Mrs Doc on the other hand just ****in hates the Dubs - she'd make a case for North Korea. Trump or Al Qaeda against us, but she'll still get stuck into the celebratory takeaway when we win the 4 in a row - you can't live with them and you can't poison them..

Dependin' on where ye get the curry, you actually can!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Dependin' on where ye get the curry, you actually can!

She's grown suspicious since she saw Joffrey topped in GOT, has the kids taste everything now before she touches it .. Unless you can suggest a poisoners handbook for a box of Pringles

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Of course. Need you even ask.

The Baths in Clontarf.

https://thebaths.ie/

PIZZAS

DUBLIN CODDLE - €16 g, mk
    mozzarella, guinness sausage, organic bacon, potato, parsley, mustard honey glaze

PARMA HAM - €18 g, mk
    baby mozzarella, basil oil

Where's the lentils?

No sympathy for anyone who chooses to marry outside the Pale. None. If you haven't the will, the wit or the looks to nab yourself a good Heffo worshipin', Heddild readin', coddle makin', batter burger atin' Dublin woman (or man,) then you could at least have the manners to partner up with someone from another country (no, Cork doesn't count) or planet. I heard Latvians and Klingons like a good, greasy spice bag. Might explain the big frown on Lt Worf so....

God. This really is the quietest AI final build up in years, isn't it? Is it the earlier time of year, the lack of history with Tyrone (compared to Mayo or Kerry,) all the hurling hoopla, all the attention being on Mickey, the Popes visit...what?

I deliberately didn't mention the sense of the result being a foregone conclusion, leading to a lack of general interest. I just couldn't be arsed reading the ensuing outrage. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,377 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

God. This really is the quietest AI final build up in years, isn't it? Is it the earlier time of year, the lack of history with Tyrone (compared to Mayo or Kerry,) all the hurling hoopla, all the attention being on Mickey, the Popes visit...what?

What worries me is that this Micky Harte fella prays a lot.
    He probably has the Pope's number. If all that God craic is true, it could give Tyrone the edge on September 2nd.

They could then go on a crusade and stop the Dubs control of the 'Holy land' (Croke Park) and the 'Holy Grail' (The Sam)? :eek:

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Final would of been on this weekend if it wasn't for himself coming over, its too bleeding early.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement