Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Would someone send on this PM about the whiskey.
    Cheers.

See post 4410.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Sorry folks, given the sheer number of PMs I got from people im not going to share. I am also told that it has been shut down recently by another user on here. I havnt used the particular method in a few months and they used it recently and their bottle got seized.

Sorry for wasting yer time and the resulting influx of posts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

£29.19 now

They'll ship liquids ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

banchang wrote: »
    They'll ship liquids ?

No, but Parcel Motel do with which you'll risk getting stung with VAT if the package is discovered to contain alcohol. It has shipped just fine for me in the past but some posters on here have had their packages stopped by customs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Use Parcel wizard, ive done it 4 or 5 times at Xmas no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

rob316 wrote: »
    Use XX, ive done it 4 or 5 times at Xmas no problem

Way to make it a problem in future!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,514 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Any deals for Dunnes, I've a €10 off €50 spend disount with Visa Offers which if I use to spend €60 and a €10 off €50 spend voucher will mean total spend of €40 for €60 worth of goods.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 462 ✭✭TetraSonic55

To anyone who likes outcider, Centra on the monread road are having a Buy one get one free on the 8 packs, so that's 16 cans for a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Any deals for Dunnes, I've a €10 off €50 spend disount with Visa Offers which if I use to spend €60 and a €10 off €50 spend voucher will mean total spend of €40 for €60 worth of goods.

Do you really need at deal at that rate? :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,327 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

tobsey wrote: »

No true bargain hunter will be content unless they are giving you money back!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

M

tobsey wrote: »
    odyssey06 wrote: »
    No true bargain hunter will be content unless they are giving you money back!

:D I like to do a Nick Leeson on them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

1 litre bottles of Jameson with 2 whiskey glasses in a Ginger and Lime presentation box @ 30 each?

Also- just an observation- you can use both of those vouchers on a 50 spend- you don't need to spend 60- its the gross spend before the application of vouchers........... I got a 100 Euro spend down to 17 Euro and pence today using vouchers. Felt like I had robbed the place on my way out the door.........

Anyone in the border areas- Sainsburys have a 25% off 6 bottles or more on a selection of wines (incl. Prosecco) this weekend (until the 28th).
    Customer quotas do apply (and they are policing it) @ 36 bottles max per customer.

1 litre bottles of Jameson with 2 whiskey glasses in a Ginger and Lime presentation box @ 30 each?

Are you sure it was a 1 litre? The 70cl set is priced at €30 at Supervalu.
    https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/wine-beer-spirits-irish-whiskey-jameson-glass-pack-70-centilitre-/p-1056544000

Need to get a whiskey present for someone and have Dunnes voucher so a box set would be ideal.

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Are you sure it was a 1 litre? The 70cl set is priced at €30 at Supervalu.
    https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/wine-beer-spirits-irish-whiskey-jameson-glass-pack-70-centilitre-/p-1056544000

Need to get a whiskey present for someone and have Dunnes voucher so a box set would be ideal.

I didn't buy one- I thought it was the 1litre bottle- I could be wrong- the presentation case is definitely the same- so I suspect you could very well be correct- if so- my bad- sorry- though with the vouchers, it is still a rather good offer..........

Sorry if I misled.

I didn't buy one- I thought it was the 1litre bottle- I could be wrong- the presentation case is definitely the same- so I suspect you could very well be correct- if so- my bad- sorry- though with the vouchers, it is still a rather good offer..........
    Sorry if I misled.

I think honour demands you make up the 300ml difference :)
    NO worries it's still a good set. Hmm, something to ponder whether to go for this or something with an age statement in a gift box.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Also- just an observation- you can use both of those vouchers on a 50 spend- you don't need to spend 60- its the gross spend before the application of vouchers........... I got a 100 Euro spend down to 17 Euro and pence today using vouchers. Felt like I had robbed the place on my way out the door.........

Are you sure about that? Visa Offers is cashback on a spend, and I think based off payments tracked to a retailer, so if you use a voucher to bring below €50 and only pay that on the debit card, then I'd be a little surprised if it qualified?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Both vouchers can be used on a €60 spend
    €50 spend will not work

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

The Jameson Whiskey Makers Series are currently reduced from €70 to €60 in Dunnes. Now I don't know how good a deal this is as I haven't tried any of them yet but the last two weeks I've had €20 off €90 in spend & save vouchers so with some groceries I've picked up both the Blender's Dog and Coopers Cruze to hopefully enjoy over the upcoming festive season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,126 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Haven't tried them but they appear to me to have all the hallmarks of a massively overpriced marketing wheeze for the gullible.
    I'd rather have a proper premium whiskey like Green/Yellow Spot or Writers Tears any day.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Cimarosa Chilean Merlot is 3.66 euro in Lidl this weekend.,

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Haven't tried them but they appear to me to have all the hallmarks of a massively overpriced marketing wheeze for the gullible.
    I'd rather have a proper premium whiskey like Green/Yellow Spot or Writers Tears any day.

Judging by the reviews I've read, I'm quite hopeful they're at least worth the €46.66 I paid, if not their RRP of €70. But of course, the truth can only be found in the actual tasting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Cimarosa Chilean Merlot is 3.66 euro in Lidl this weekend.,

Wonder if it’s drinkable. The excise and vat alone would be more than 3.66.

Cloudio9 wrote: »

I put it in bargain alerts because it's a wine I would happily pay full price for.

Having said that I'm far from a wine expert but check out the reviews online and then if you're still unsure shur all you've got to lose is 3 euro and 66 cents and you will know for sure then.

Cloudio9 wrote: »

Its regular price is €5.49, making it one of Lidl's cheapest wines. Having said that, in my experience unlike other supermarkets, even the cheapest wines from Lidl (and Aldi) are perfectly drinkable.

The Merlot is a bit light, throw in a splash of cheap port if you want to give it some more backbone.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 462 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Is that Oktoberfest still 8 for 10 in O'Brien's? Might pick some up, might not taste the best since it's BB is in next month

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Just to warn everyone, Tesco have stickers on their tills now saying that they no longer accept competitor coupons as their prices are already so low. Haven't seen this mentioned before so it seems like a new development...

• Advertisement
    M

Just to warn everyone, Tesco have stickers on their tills now saying that they no longer accept competitor coupons as their prices are already so low. Haven't seen this mentioned before so it seems like a new development...

Yes was all over this site a couple of weeks ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement