Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭10green bottles

8 x Outcider =€10 in Dunnes(well in my one anyway)

Have never tried it before but got 2 packs so better be good :D Sláinte

39296881_2059767860723506_9209970274307407872_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=88ccb4ea26e92c0bcf1f0eb32f3a9375&oe=5C069BB2

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 462 ✭✭TetraSonic55

8 x Outcider =€10 in Dunnes(well in my one anyway)

Have never tried it before but got 2 packs so better be good :D Sláinte

39296881_2059767860723506_9209970274307407872_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=88ccb4ea26e92c0bcf1f0eb32f3a9375&oe=5C069BB2

If you ever had orchard thieves, it's ten times sweeter than it. Like drinking sugar from a can it's that sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,874 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

It’s very sweet in comparison to bulmers
    Enjoy

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

If you ever had orchard thieves, it's ten times sweeter than it. Like drinking sugar from a can it's that sweet.

Sounds like the perfect drink for a perfect hangover!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I'm getting a headache even thinking about it......... avoid!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

I'm getting a headache even thinking about it......... avoid!!!!

Really
    That bad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

It's not bad but two boxes of it might be a sugar overload. A pint of two would be ok I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,378 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Outcider is made by bulmers, a sweeter version. I always wanted a drier version of it and hoped bulmers light might be, but they just load it with sweeteners.

This is outciders figures (they could be incorrect, it is very difficult to confirm figures due to the ludicrous exemption on alcohol products having to declare ingredients and nutirional info).
    https://order.musgravemarketplace.ie/link/en/alcohol-tobacco/beer-cider/cider-can/bulmers-outcider-single-can/556872/p/

Nutrition Per 100g
    Carbohydrates 5.9g
    - of which sugars 3.7g

vs new formula lucozade
    per 100ml
    Carbohydrate (g) 8.9
    of which sugars (g) 4.5

Full sugar cidona
    per 100ml
    Carbohydrate (g) 4.7
    of which sugars (g) 4.7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭10green bottles

100% right anyone who said it's very sweet.It's just awful.2 cans were enough for me before i ditched it for some nice beer i had stored in the garage.Copious amounts of ice could not disguise it's almost saccharine taste.

It'll be kept now for unwelcome guests :)

No bargain this pi$$!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Would it be up there with Strongbow? Found that to be pure sugar compaired to Bulmers.

• Advertisement

Would it be up there with Strongbow? Found that to be pure sugar compaired to Bulmers.

Strongbow has a more bitter taste. This cider tastes like lollipops in liquid form or sherbet.

M

Strongbow has a more bitter taste. This cider tastes like lollipops in liquid form or sherbet.

Will have to try a can or 2 for measure. I occassionally drink cider but when I do it's pretty much Bulmers only, not a fan of Arkle or Strongbow.

Will have to try a can or 2 for measure. I occassionally drink cider but when I do it's pretty much Bulmers only, not a fan of Arkle or Strongbow.

I'm a big fan of cider. Have you tried Apple Tree which is brewed in Cork I think? It's a bit strong but tasty.

M

I'm a big fan of cider. Have you tried Apple Tree which is brewed in Cork I think? It's a bit strong but tasty.

No, must give that a go too. I like cider during the summer months, perfect for the beer/back garden :D

No, must give that a go too. I like cider during the summer months, perfect for the beer/back garden :D

It can be very refreshing when ice cold :)

M

It can be very refreshing when ice cold :)

Room temperature cider could kill a man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,378 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

should be the other way around, strongbow is a dry cider. I was delighted to find it going cheap in wetherspoons, most pubs only have sweet stuff like bulmers and the horrific orchard thieves, reeks of cheap apple drop sweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

rubadub wrote: »
    should be the other way around, strongbow is a dry cider. I was delighted to find it going cheap in wetherspoons, most pubs only have sweet stuff like bulmers and the horrific orchard thieves, reeks of cheap apple drop sweets.
    +1 on this. Most cider in Ireland is quite sweet, hence I'm always delighted to find Aspall, Strongbrow or one or two others going. Hell, I even like the Aldi cider as it's dry and not super sweet. I do like Orchard Thieves though, need to find deals on that for Picnic!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭RayCon

458686.JPG

O'Briens are doing 8 X 500ml bottles of Spaten Oktoberfestbier 5.9% for €10 or a case of 24 for €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,459 ✭✭✭✭elperello

What's that Oktoberfestbier like?
    Seems like good value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,132 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Jeez, years ago Bulmers was my drink of choice for a while, find it unbearably sweet now (OK on a hot day at a barbeque or something, with ice)

Never thought they'd make an even sweeter version!!

Stonewell dry cider is nice but a bit hard to find and quite pricey.

Oktoberfest beer is nice but I've only drunk it within a month or two of it being released, after nearly a year it might not be as nice.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

https://www.obrienswine.ie/crested-10-70cl.html

Jameson crested is 26 quid in O'Briens, very good value for what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭Invincible

RayCon wrote: »
    458686.JPG

O'Briens are doing 8 X 500ml bottles of Spaten Oktoberfestbier 5.9% for €10 or a case of 24 for €25.

Don't see offer online, €2.90 each or 5 for €10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

No, must give that a go too. I like cider during the summer months, perfect for the bare/back garden :D

Okaaaay..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭RayCon

Invincible wrote: »
    Don't see offer online, €2.90 each or 5 for €10.

Definitely in store .... bought some in Blanchardstown & Lucan ...and saw it in the Sandymount branch also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Definitely in store .... bought some in Blanchardstown & Lucan ...and saw it in the Sandymount branch also

You don't own the chain by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Picked up some in Carlow yesterday, it's good stuff, assume it's going so cheap as it's from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Picked up some in Carlow yesterday, it's good stuff, assume it's going so cheap as it's from last year.

What is the Best Before Date? I would be very surprised if it was last year's batch. The Oktoberfest is starting in just over 4 weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,132 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

This year's batch isn't out yet.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

What is the Best Before Date? I would be very surprised if it was last year's batch. The Oktoberfest is starting in just over 4 weeks time.

Best before is 4th of September this year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement