Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wildcard 2018/19

• 18-08-2018 7:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭

Yes it’s early but people have already wildcarded. This weekend will be the decider for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

I was planning on wildcarding this week and set up my team with this in mind but I don't really think I have to now as my team is looking decent. Still there's a few changes I'd like to make so I'll see how this weekend goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Hi

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

km79 wrote: »
    Hi

So it begins

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KevIRL View Post
    Wildcard activated
    Sounds like the right thing to do.

Aguero, King, Stephens(Brighton), Mahrez, Doherty out.

Kane, Ings, Schneiderlin, Richarlison and Mendy in.

Not sure about Scneiderlin for how much game time he will get but for 4.5mill. he makes a better option than Stephens I think. .3mill in bank after changes to help change things about during the week but would be happy to leave as

Ederson Begovic
    Mendy, Shaw, Wan Bissaka, Alexander Arnold, Robertson
    Salah, Richarlison, Fraser, Neves, Schneiderlin
    Kane, Aubameyang, Ings

Any advice on changes appreciated.

Edit. Changed already with Arnold to Pereira, Schneiderlin to Mkhitaryan and Aubemeyang to Zaha

First changes of probably 100plus this week.

First draft:

Hart Hamer
    PVA Mendy Robertson AWB Bennet
    Mane Hazard Bilva Mkhi Ricky
    Aubameyang Firminho Kamara

No Salah the big thing but I think it gives my team more balance. All players have decent fixtures for next few weeks, especially Arsenal. Hazard has to start starting soon and 10.5m is a bargain if he hits form imo. Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Klonker wrote: »
    First draft:

Hart Hamer

No Salah the big thing but I think it gives my team more balance. All players have decent fixtures for next few weeks, especially Arsenal. Hazard has to start starting soon and 10.5m is a bargain if he hits form imo. Any thoughts?

Asking for trouble without Salah tbh not worth the pain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Liverpool have some tricky away fixtures coming up so I kinda like the look of that team. I think I'd have to have Alonso and Sterling in there though if I was going without Salah and then maybe transfer him in for Sterling in a few weeks.

You could free up some funds by changing Firmino to Ings. I'd also change Bennet to a 4.5 defender.

First draft:

Hart Hamer

Yeah I'm a bit torn as what to do, I've made a few changes for price rises so I have to use wildcard now anyway. I'll see how the matches play out today and tomorrow first, an injury or red card for someone could change everything.

Dearg81 wrote: »

Liverpool have some tricky away fixtures coming up so I kinda like the look of that team. I think I'd have to have Alonso and Sterling in there though if I was going without Salah and then maybe transfer him in for Sterling in a few weeks.

You could free up some funds by changing Firmino to Ings. I'd also change Bennet to a 4.5 defender.

Yeah I actually did another draft of this with Ings for Firminho and Alonso for Bennet which leaves me with 1.5m in bank to Maybe upgrade keeper.

Have a draft for my WC team if I decide to pull the trigger.

Decision one - Robertson or PVA ?

Decision two - play Fraser or Ings every week ?

For that 10m combo it’s either Fraser & Kamara or Westwood & Ings. Westwood could be any 4.5m mid but I prefer him currently.

I’m leaning toward the Westwood and Ings combo.

Also leaning towards PVA over Robertson and that would leave me with 0.5m in the bank which is something I like for manoeuvrability.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I’m on the wildcard train now!!

Have a draft for my WC team if I decide to pull the trigger.

Decision one - Robertson or PVA ?

Decision two - play Fraser or Ings every week ?

For that 10m combo it’s either Fraser & Kamara or Westwood & Ings. Westwood could be any 4.5m mid but I prefer him currently.

I’m leaning toward the Westwood and Ings combo.

Also leaning towards PVA over Robertson and that would leave me with 0.5m in the bank which is something I like for manoeuvrability.

I think Robertson could have more clean sheets than PVA over the full season so going with him in my wildcard team.

Looks like I could be playing both Ings and Fraser most weeks with my wildcard team. Had Fraser since the start and see no reason to drop him and Ings looks like a good value striker at 5.5mill.

Currently on:
    Ederson
    Robertson, Mendy, Alonso
    Mane, Richarlison, Salah, Fraser
    Ings, Aguero, Wilson

Begovic, Wan-Bissaka, Neves, Pereira

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Currently on

Foster Etheridge
    Mendy Alonso Robertson Peltier WanB
    Pedro Ricky Micky Salah Bilva
    Aguero Arnie Ings

.3 ITB

Will play 352

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

I've activated, writing this as a note to self
    Gone from this:
    DDG-Boruc
    Mendy-Davies-Shaw-Wan Bissaka-Peltier
    Salah-Pogba-Richarlison-Jota-Stephens
    Aguero-Firmino-Austin

Currently on this, in attempt to nab a double riser which won't happen.
    Ederson-Hamer
    Mendy-Alonso-Shaw-Wan Bissaka-Bennett
    Salah-Pogba-Pedro-Richarlison-Stephens
    Aguero-Firmino-Wilson

I plan to end up with Lloris or Allison in goal
    Ings for Wilson up front

I might try and downgrade one premium Def or
    the GK, and Pedro to Kante :O

In order to have Kane instead of Firmino.
    I had been planning to get Kane in for Aguero but don't know if I can do it after Sergio looked after me today.

Salah out for Mane would make things so much easier for me. :/
    But don't think I could sleep easy at night with the fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

macraignil wrote: »
    I think Robertson could have more clean sheets than PVA over the full season so going with him in my wildcard team.

Looks like I could be playing both Ings and Fraser most weeks with my wildcard team. Had Fraser since the start and see no reason to drop him and Ings looks like a good value striker at 5.5mill.

Currently on:
    Ederson
    Robertson, Mendy, Alonso
    Ings, Aguero, Wilson

Why do you have Begovic? When is he ever going to start for you ahead of Ederson?

Mokuba wrote: »
    Why do you have Begovic? When is he ever going to start for you ahead of Ederson?

I had him for game week one when I thought there was a good chance Arsenal could score against Ederson. Turned out I missed out on 2 points as Ederson scored 8 when on the bench that week. Was thinking of changing to any playing 4mill goalkeeper after but since that would be Hamer who might loose his place to Lossl I was just going to leave as is. Also not sure what to do with the extra .5mill as only have .1mill in bank with current team. Not sure .6mill would get a better player in but will give it some thought over the week. Thanks for the reminder.

Maybe if I can get another .5mill from somewhere I could do Mane to Hazard but will wait until tomorrow evening's game to see if that might make sense.

shineon23 wrote: »
    I've activated, writing this as a note to self
    Gone from this:
    DDG-Boruc
    Mendy-Davies-Shaw-Wan Bissaka-Peltier
    Salah-Pogba-Richarlison-Jota-Stephens
    Aguero-Firmino-Austin

Currently on this, in attempt to nab a double riser which won't happen.
    Ederson-Hamer
    Mendy-Alonso-Shaw-Wan Bissaka-Bennett
    Salah-Pogba-Pedro-Richarlison-Stephens
    Aguero-Firmino-Wilson

I plan to end up with Lloris or Allison in goal
    Ings for Wilson up front

I might try and downgrade one premium Def or
    the GK, and Pedro to Kante :O

In order to have Kane instead of Firmino.
    I had been planning to get Kane in for Aguero but don't know if I can do it after Sergio looked after me today.

Salah out for Mane would make things so much easier for me. :/
    But don't think I could sleep easy at night with the fear.

David Silva at 8.4 is now entering my thoughts in Pogba's place.
    Id be set on it if not for the threat of Pep-ball rotation and the likelihood of me not paying attention in the coming weeks I need as many guaranteed starters as i can

macraignil wrote: »

Currently on:
    Ederson
    Robertson, Mendy, Alonso
    Ings, Aguero, Wilson

I agree with what's been said, no need for a 4.5 keeper when having a premium as your first choice. I'd pick any 4.0 keeper, may as well go with Hamer and nonbig deal if he loses his place, just be weary of a drop to 3.9 when/I he's benched.

Myself, I don't like to double up on clubs in defence, I usually get burned, like today with double man united defence.

I'd probably lose Ederson (or Mendy) to avoid double City defence, and that would also allow for another City attacking slot down the road.
    I'd be keeping Mendy, and go with a keeper from a different top 6 team.

Apart form Aguero, Strikers look very light to me, as does your 4th and 5th midfielders.
    If Pep decides to rotate Aguero you could be in trouble up in attack, relying on Salah, Mane and Richarlison each week for hauls.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Just hit the button.

Ederson
    Alonso-Mendy-Robertson
    Mkhitaryan-Richarlison-Pogba-Mane-Neves
    Aguero-Aubameyang

Hamer, Wan-Biss, Daniels, Kamara

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Also done the WC. Can't ignore Aguero in this form with the fixtures he has on the way. Not sure what the rest of my team will be. Will assess after Monday's evening game.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement

mdwexford wrote: »
    Just hit the button.

Ederson
    Alonso-Mendy-Robertson
    Mkhitaryan-Richarlison-Pogba-Mane-Neves
    Aguero-Aubameyang

Hamer, Wan-Biss, Daniels, Kamara

I like it, I think I'll also go without Salah, they have a tough run after next weekend and he's just too expensive.

I'm not mad about Neves though, can you find .5m for Ings instead ?

I like it, I think I'll also go without Salah, they have a tough run after next weekend and he's just too expensive.

I'm not mad about Neves though, can you find .5m for Ings instead ?

They'd need 3 changes to get there.
    Ings is 5.5 striker.
    Neves a 5.1 MF.

Kamara(4.5) to Ings-needs 1.0
    Neves to 4.5MF gives you .6 max to play with.

And another move elsewhere to get the other 0.4 /0.5, depending on how much Neves was bought for.

I'd downgrade Daniels to a 4.0 defender. Is he ever going to get a game amongst that premium defence.

shineon23 wrote:
    I'd downgrade Daniels to a 4.0 defender. Is he ever going to get a game amongst that premium defence.

Yeah that's the changes I was thinking but was going to leave him decide how to do it, can't be doing all the work for them :P

Feels a tad mad to be wildcarding whilst sitting inside the top 10k but currently that’s exactly what I’ll be doing.

Best 4.5m bench fodder midfielder ?

I’m thinking Westwood, Stephens, Billing, Mendy and Geundozi and in that order too.

Any different take on the 4.5m midfield bench fodder order ?

Highly annoying that Ndidi is 5.0m.

Best 4.5m bench fodder midfielder ?

I’m thinking Westwood, Stephens, Billing, Mendy and Geundozi and in that order too.

Any different take on the 4.5m midfield bench fodder order ?

Highly annoying that Ndidi is 5.0m.

Man I wish Mendy was 4.5M :pac:

Man I wish Mendy was 4.5M :pac:

He is and 180 minutes under his belt already. For Leicester.

He is and 180 minutes under his belt already. For Leicester.

I guess I'm the one who needs more sleep this time.

Carry on

Seen Pogba in a few wildcard teams
    Just
    No

Don’t care how cheap he seems . Don’t care if he is on pens . There are a wealth of mid price midfield options that do not play for United under Mourinho. Buy one of them instead

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Pogba 8.1 v Dilva 8.4

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »
    Pogba 8.1 v Dilva 8.4

Look up :D

Advertisement