Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcard 2018/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,854 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Thanks for the comments guys. You are right, wasn't thinking straight.

Team now.
    Etheridge/McCarthy
    Alonso Mendy Robertson Bennett WanB
    Salah, Mane, Pedro, Walcott, Mendy
    Wilson, Zaha, Aguero

Thought welcome as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

eagle eye wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments guys. You are right, wasn't thinking straight.

Team now.
    Etheridge/McCarthy
    Alonso Mendy Robertson Bennett WanB
    Salah, Mane, Pedro, Walcott, Mendy
    Wilson, Zaha, Aguero

Thought welcome as always.

Mitrovic instead of Zaha in my opinion. Or if you can get Mitrovic/Zaha/Aguero up top

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

No Salah
    Yeah good point. I have taken the opinion from the start of the year that he is just too expensive. Their fixtures are not as good as some others coming up and I think Mane is good cover.

Could be proved wrong but that's my thinking. Hazard could be a great differential with upcoming fixtures too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Similar team to the templates I've seen.

Hennesy Hamer
    Mendy Robbo Alonso Wan-B Bennett
    Salah Mane Pedro Walcott Guendozi
    Aguero Zaha Mitrovic

Any feedback greatly appreciated.
    Could do Hazard/Wilson instead of Mane/Zaha?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

km79 wrote: »
    Should be top of that league tonight !

Are you the same person who said "I have made a mistake" on Saturday?:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,155 ✭✭✭✭km79

Are you the same person who said "I have made a mistake" on Saturday?:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

km79 wrote: »

Nice growing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

PARlance wrote: »
    No Kun could kill you. Haven't seen much from Morata to justify him being there tbh.

Not sure what formation you'll be playing but a bit of fodder could free up funds.

You need Kane or Aguero... if neither you need some Spurs or City

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Similar team to the templates I've seen.

Hennesy Hamer
    Mendy Robbo Alonso Wan-B Bennett
    Salah Mane Pedro Walcott Guendozi
    Aguero Zaha Mitrovic

Any feedback greatly appreciated.
    Could do Hazard/Wilson instead of Mane/Zaha?

I would do this if I had Salah. Liverpool fixtures not too favorable & if Mane continues hot streak can easily switch back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

I would agree with Parlance that Morata has not done enough to be a premium striker pick on a WC.

• Advertisement

I would agree with Parlance that Morata has not done enough to be a premium striker pick on a WC.

It’s all about judging the player now.

I don’t think templates will get you very far this season and I’m happy about that.

Get the player in that has a big score coming rather than following the masses buying players that have just scored big.

Hopefully, this season, watching as many games as possible actually pays off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Mid wildcard and took Salah out of my team to try benefit from a double price rise. Squad looks a lot more balanced as a result. Maybe a little bit too much cash sitting on the bench.

What do people think of exiting a wildcard without Salah. Makes bringing him in a big challenge going forward but also can't see his price rising too much given he's already at >50% ownership. Maybe a few blank weeks will leave to him dropping a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

S.M.B. wrote: »

What do people think of exiting a wildcard without Salah. Makes bringing him in a big challenge going forward but also can't see his price rising too much given he's already at >50% ownership.

I'm considering this as time goes on. Probably after the international break and when Liverpool fixtures get more difficult.

He won't rise in price I just can't see it happen. So could just take a - 4 or - 8 if you really needed him back in. Mane will get close to the same points this year I think

I'm just thinking after last night that I need Kane, he scored at Old Trafford, has broken his August duck. Could be a great season or him.

Who do you get in for that other premium mid spot?

Hazard, Eriksen haven't really hit form yet
    Bilva, Dilva, Sane & Sterling = too much rotation risk
    Pogba = :eek:

Who are people eying up?

My current WC team:

Etheridge / Hamer
    Mendy / Trippier / Cook / Wan-Biss / Bennett
    Salah / Mane / Walcott / Pedro / Lucas Moura
    Mitrovic / Aguero / Wilson

(Players in bold I've had since the start)

Walcott to be swapped back to Ricky asap and Moura only there in the hopes of a 2nd rise, will be swapped for Mkhitaryan if that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

The template has always been strong mids and forwards with 1 or 2 decent defenders/keeper.
    Everyone is now reversing that...but how long before we revert to the norm?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

jay0109 wrote: »
    The template has always been strong mids and forwards with 1 or 2 decent defenders/keeper.
    Everyone is now reversing that...but how long before we revert to the norm?

I don't know if we will. Attacking full backs are so important in the game now, they've nearly replaced the traditional winger. It's unlikely any 6.5 mid or forward will matched the returns of Alonso/Mendy/Robertson this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

I'm considering this as time goes on. Probably after the international break and when Liverpool fixtures get more difficult.

He won't rise in price I just can't see it happen. So could just take a - 4 or - 8 if you really needed him back in. Mane will get close to the same points this year I think

+1 on this I think I've nearly settled on not having him and having robbo and mane as Liverpool cover it's opens up so many more options

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Hazard & Ings

or

PEA & Brooks

I already have Alonso in if that's a factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭COH

dahat wrote: »
    Hazard & Ings

or

PEA & Brooks

I already have Alonso in if that's a factor.

Hazard and Ings for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

When the CL kicks in if Liverpool have a difficult group I can see mane getting rotated in some league games. Of the front 3 salah and firmino are more important than him not in terms of FF but in terms of how Liverpool function. I wouldn't be expecting mane to keep pace with salah and think salah is worth 3.5 more than mane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Invincible

COH wrote: »
    Hazard and Ings for me

+1

Surely Salah is more at risk of rotation during ECL games. Shaqiri plays on his side of the pitch.
    Also Sturridge is fit and will get games to rest Firminho and Mane but I'd guess that one of them is more likely to start around ECL games than Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

When the CL kicks in if Liverpool have a difficult group I can see mane getting rotated in some league games. Of the front 3 salah and firmino are more important than him not in terms of FF but in terms of how Liverpool function. I wouldn't be expecting mane to keep pace with salah and think salah is worth 3.5 more than mane.
    eagle eye wrote: »
    Surely Salah is more at risk of rotation during ECL games. Shaqiri plays on his side of the pitch.
    Also Sturridge is fit and will get games to rest Firminho and Mane but I'd guess that one of them is more likely to start around ECL games than Salah.

I’d agree with Busts. Firmino and Salah are far more important to the way Liverpool play.

Obviously a lot depends on the CL draw and how the fixtures fall but Mane is the one who could be prone to more rotation...especially if he has many games like last Saturday, when he was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Would it be batshït crazy to leave Salah out of my wildcard and just leave enough funds to upgrade either Walcott or Pedro (who I both really fancy over the next 2) to him in a couple of weeks time? Gut says they both outscore Salah over the next 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

manual_man wrote: »
    Would it be batshït crazy to leave Salah out of my wildcard and just leave enough funds to upgrade either Walcott or Pedro (who I both really fancy over the next 2) to him in a couple of weeks time? Gut says they both outscore Salah over the next 2.

Yes it is Crazy. Also you’d most Likey need a hit to get him back in

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RisingDamp

Team A:

Foster

Mendy, PVA, Coleman, Tarkowski

Salah, Neves, Hazard, Sané

Tosun, Zaha

or

Team B (Wildcard):

Foster

Mendy, Alonso, PVA, Coleman

Salah, Jorginho, Hazard

Zaha, Aguero, Tosun

Effectively wildcarding to get three players in. Probably not worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭macraignil

RisingDamp wrote: »
    Team A:

Foster

Mendy, PVA, Coleman, Tarkowski

Salah, Neves, Hazard, Sané

Tosun, Zaha

or

Team B (Wildcard):

Foster

Mendy, Alonso, PVA, Coleman

Salah, Jorginho, Hazard

Zaha, Aguero, Tosun

I'd not go with either. Jorginho seems to be playing defensive midfield which isn't great for FPL points and Sane has yet to play more than 15minutes in a game since the start of the season and so remains too much of a rotation risk for the money required in my opinion. Other choices look OK to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Yes it is Crazy. Also you’d most Likey need a hit to get him back in
    I think he's saying to leave the necessary money in the bank to upgrade so there should be no need for the hit.

It's a super risky move but if you feel like Salah isn't going to go up in value (he's slowly creeping up) and will not outscore either of those players then it's an option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

macraignil wrote: »
    I'd not go with either. Jorginho seems to be playing defensive midfield which isn't great for FPL points and Sane has yet to play more than 15minutes in a game since the start of the season and so remains too much of a rotation risk for the money required in my opinion. Other choices look OK to me.

Plus Jorginho will/may not have penalties with Hazard back. He has one in his points to date.

Advertisement