Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wildcard 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Contemplating something like this:

Patricio (Hamer)
    PVA Alonso Mendy Robertson (Wan-B)
    Milner Hazard Pedro Dilva (Guendouzi)
    Aguero Kane (Kamara)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

manual_man wrote: »
    Contemplating something like this:

Patricio (Hamer)
    PVA Alonso Mendy Robertson (Wan-B)
    Milner Hazard Pedro Dilva (Guendouzi)
    Aguero Kane (Kamara)

Milner won’t be first choice in all likelihood.

AdpRo wrote: »

Not true. He looks absolutely nailed. That might change, but for now he's good, on pens, and some set pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Not true. He looks absolutely nailed. That might change, but for now he's good, on pens, and some set pieces.

Fabinho ?

km79 wrote: »
    Fabinho ?

Milner is playing brilliantly. If anyone is to make way I'd say Wijnaldum for Fabinho. But honestly I can't see Klopp changing anything at the moment. 3 wins out of 3 and 3 clean sheets. Why would he.

• Advertisement

Milner is playing brilliantly. If anyone is to make way I'd say Wijnaldum for Fabinho. But honestly I can't see Klopp changing anything at the moment. 3 wins out of 3 and 3 clean sheets. Why would he.

True
    Champ league time soon
    Milner is prime candidate for rotation imo

Wijnaldum was clear man of the match, for me, today.

Wijnaldum was clear man of the match, for me, today.

Yeah he was good today. As was Keita. No argument for dropping any of the mids for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Is 4-5-1 a bad idea?

Sitting on

Foster hamer
    Bellerin robbo mendy bavies wan b
    Hazard Salah mhki Anderson walcott
    Aguero kamara success

It's a very rough draft but just messing with ideas at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Is 4-5-1 a bad idea?

Sitting on

Foster hamer
    Aguero kamara success

Lovely midfield, would be nice if you could get Kane instead of Kun when he hits form and Alonso instead of Bellerin

• Advertisement

Is 4-5-1 a bad idea?

Sitting on

Foster hamer
    Aguero kamara success

With that squad it would be 541
    Anderson is a dodgy pick

With that squad it would be 541
    Anderson is a dodgy pick

He very much passed the eye test yesterday looked the best player on the pitch fixtures aren't great for the next few weeks but he's on my watch list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

He very much passed the eye test yesterday looked the best player on the pitch fixtures aren't great for the next few weeks but he's on my watch list

You get could Pedro instead, I know you'd be doubling up with Hazard but their next few fixtures could be worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

AdpRo wrote: »

no mane firmino or salah will hurt in the long term

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Aguero, Zaha and Ings to light a front line? I. Trying to fit Hazard in midfield.

I stuck with my preseason plan and wildcard
    I set up for those 2 weeks and hoped to get a decent start . I have even if I'm still 30 behind in main league. The plan was then to jump on a couple of tea!s who have a really really good run of fixtures. I've also avoided a fair few price drops .
    So it's a little experment. A proactive rather than reactive wildcard . Let's see how it goes . It's also set up with a specific week in mind ............best laid plans and all that..........
    I've spent WAY more on keepers and defence that usual but that's due to the value in midfield this year
    I had Ings in for Arnie but I don't trust Southampton/Hughes and I didn't need the extra money in the end
    Mane and auba the 2 players I fear not owning as they will be in a lot of teams around me
    Kane isn't

GK
    Schmeichel /Hennessy- decent rotation and more importantly when Palaces fixtures turn Leicester have good ones. At that stage I won't need a second playing keeper hopefully and will downgrade .........

Def
    Robertson Mendy WanB Alonso Steve cook
    already owned first 3. Alonso could be a disaster but if he is its easy to downgrade to Bavies . Steve Cook will be my 5th defender . I needed a defender from a team with a good fixture for one particular week..........I got his first rise and hopefully knock a second out of him. Doherty when he dropped to 4.4 tempted me as did Holebas at 4.6
    Reality is he won't be played hopefully bar that one week

Mid
    Salah Ricky Miki Pedro Fraser
    This was the main reason for wildcarding . Couple of 50/50 calls wrong and wanted in on Arsenal and Chelsea attack
    Pedro a risk but lots of other options of he doesn't work out. Maddison being the number one target

Fwd
    Aguero Arnie Mitrovic
    Had the first 2 . Been very very impressed with Mitrovic despite what I said preseson .
    Happy to chance him for a few weeks
    Arnie could have become zaha but I just prefer Arnie. He has more of an eye for goal and has pens. And he is a lunatic !!!

0.3 ITB

It's a different team set up than usual for me so be interesting to see how it goes

One final note . I wildcards basically over one evening . Sunday I think it was . And !add a few changes Monday and that was it. Much more relaxed about it as I had the bones of the squad together and the rest in my head since preseason.

Should be top of that league tonight !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Looking at getting Hazard Mane Salah Aguero and Alonso in

Begovic Boruc
    Mendy Alonso Gomez Holebas Wan-B
    Hazard Mane Salah Walcott Mendy
    Aguero Ings Kamara

Tempted to go now before the inevitable rises....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭COH

Begovic Boruc
    Aguero Ings Kamara

Two Mendys is a masterstroke :pac:

COH wrote: »
    Two Mendys is a masterstroke :pac:

One plays for Leicester. Not too highly owned and has played both matches since he arrived.

Any other thoughts on it? :)

One plays for Leicester. Not too highly owned and has played both matches since he arrived.

I'll get my coat :o

• Advertisement

Begovic Boruc
    Aguero Ings Kamara

Should I downgrade Walcott? Maybe have Mitrovic and play 4-3-3?

Is 4-5-1 a bad idea?

Sitting on

Foster hamer
    Aguero kamara success

After a little tinkering I can make a nice team without salah but I'm hesitant

Foster hamer
    Alonso bavies mendy robbo wan b
    Mane hazard walcott mhki Fraser
    Kane Joselu Jimenez

Is a premium backline really the way to go this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

After a little tinkering I can make a nice team without salah but I'm hesitant

Foster hamer
    Alonso bavies mendy robbo wan b
    Mane hazard walcott mhki Fraser
    Kane Joselu Jimenez

Is a premium backline really the way to go this year?

I'd be reluctant to go without Salah. I'd be reluctant to go without Aguero.

No way I'd go without both at the moment to be honest. I'd have Aguero ahead of Kane in that team.

So the difference by going Mkhi over Aubameyang means going 3-5-2 over 3-4-3

The main difference is -

AWB, Westwood, Ings and Aubameyang in a 3-4-3

Westwood on bench

Or

Alonso, Mkhi, Mitrovic and Kamara in a 3-5-2

Kamara on bench

It looks very clear doesn’t it. But I don’t want to do it. And can you believe the 3-5-2 leaves me with 0.3m in the bank.

It’s amazing when you write something down how it can influence you. And in fairness the 2-3 who responded to my post couldn’t believe I was considering the 3-4-3.

I was sold on 3-4-3 until I put together the 3-5-2 team with Mkhi but without Aubameyang.

I didn’t want to go without Aubameyang but I did in the end.

I could see it, as per my last paragraph above, but didn’t want to do it.

I was still wavering and then the news on Ozil came through on Saturday morning so that completely made my mind up.

I went 3-5-2 without Aubameyang and I kinda feel lucky I did because I was so obsessed with including him.

Also Lacazette showed on Saturday that they are a better team with him in it so in fairness he deserves to start the next few games.

Like Km79 I wanted to play my WC from a position of strength and not to be reacting to a shït weekend. I used it when I was top 25k and now sitting top 2.5k but that’s before the United game on Monday.

My only mistake is that I went with Fabri as my keeper so looks like I have to rectify that already. ****ed off about that too.

My advice to people using their WC this week ?

Write down your teams so you can compare them to each other. I had about 30-40 screenshots to go through and deleted until I seen a screenshot that was a better team. I was left with 4-5 teams and finally decided on, what turned out to be, the best team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

I decided to wildcard this week as there was a couple of changes I needed to make.

My first draft is below

Etheridge/Fabianski

Alonso/Mendy/Robbo (Bennet, AWB)
    Mane/Mkhi/Hazard/Walcott/(Gray)
    Kun/Arnie/Mitrovic

.9 ITB

What are peoples thoughts? I love my 3 starting defenders and have no worries throwing AWB in if necessary.

Any glaring errors?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

eoghan104 wrote: »

Any glaring errors?

No Salah

It’s amazing when you write something down how it can influence you. And in fairness the 2-3 who responded to my post couldn’t believe I was considering the 3-4-3.

I was sold on 3-4-3 until I put together the 3-5-2 team with Mkhi but without Aubameyang.

I didn’t want to go without Aubameyang but I did in the end.

I could see it, as per my last paragraph above, but didn’t want to do it.

I was still wavering and then the news on Ozil came through on Saturday morning so that completely made my mind up.

I went 3-5-2 without Aubameyang and I kinda feel lucky I did because I was so obsessed with including him.

Also Lacazette showed on Saturday that they are a better team with him in it so in fairness he deserves to start the next few games.

Like Km79 I wanted to play my WC from a position of strength and not to be reacting to a shït weekend. I used it when I was top 25k and now sitting top 2.5k but that’s before the United game on Monday.

My only mistake is that I went with Fabri as my keeper so looks like I have to rectify that already. ****ed off about that too.

My advice to people using their WC this week ?

Write down your teams so you can compare them to each other. I had about 30-40 screenshots to go through and deleted until I seen a screenshot that was a better team. I was left with 4-5 teams and finally decided on, what turned out to be, the best team.

I was obsessed with including Auba too but unfortunately didn't see the light like you did. Taken a hit to rectify it this week somewhat but I'm still left without Mané when I could have had him as well as Alonso. Lesson learnt...I hope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,946 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Activated the wildcard as I had made two changes and really needed to get Alonso in as he is a must have at this stage imo.
    Transfers in are in bold. Players out are Foster/Fab, Peltier, Shaw, Ricky, Jota, Kenedy, Aguero, Ings.

Team now is

Etheridge/McCarthy
    Alonso Mendy Robertson Holebas WanB
    Salah, Mane, Pedro, Walcott, Pereyra
    Morata, Zaha, Wilson

Thoughts welcome please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

eagle eye wrote: »
    Activated the wildcard as I had made two changes and really needed to get Alonso in as he is a must have at this stage imo.
    Transfers in are in bold. Players out are Foster/Fab, Peltier, Shaw, Ricky, Jota, Kenedy, Aguero, Ings.

Team now is

Etheridge/McCarthy
    Morata, Zaha, Wilson

Thoughts welcome please.

No Kun could kill you. Haven't seen much from Morata to justify him being there tbh.

Not sure what formation you'll be playing but a bit of fodder could free up funds.

• Advertisement

Team now is

Etheridge/McCarthy
    Morata, Zaha, Wilson

Thoughts welcome please.

I'd downgrade one of your mid priced mids and upgrade Morata to Aguero.

Thanks for the comments guys. You are right, wasn't thinking straight.

Team now.
    Etheridge/McCarthy
    Alonso Mendy Robertson Bennett WanB
    Salah, Mane, Pedro, Walcott, Mendy
    Wilson, Zaha, Aguero

Thought welcome as always.

Thanks for the comments guys. You are right, wasn't thinking straight.

Team now.
    Etheridge/McCarthy
    Alonso Mendy Robertson Bennett WanB
    Salah, Mane, Pedro, Walcott, Mendy
    Wilson, Zaha, Aguero

Thought welcome as always.

Mitrovic instead of Zaha in my opinion. Or if you can get Mitrovic/Zaha/Aguero up top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

No Salah
    Yeah good point. I have taken the opinion from the start of the year that he is just too expensive. Their fixtures are not as good as some others coming up and I think Mane is good cover.

Could be proved wrong but that's my thinking. Hazard could be a great differential with upcoming fixtures too.

Similar team to the templates I've seen.

Hennesy Hamer
    Mendy Robbo Alonso Wan-B Bennett
    Salah Mane Pedro Walcott Guendozi
    Aguero Zaha Mitrovic

Any feedback greatly appreciated.
    Could do Hazard/Wilson instead of Mane/Zaha?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Should be top of that league tonight !

Are you the same person who said "I have made a mistake" on Saturday?:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Are you the same person who said "I have made a mistake" on Saturday?:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Nice growing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

PARlance wrote: »
    No Kun could kill you. Haven't seen much from Morata to justify him being there tbh.

Not sure what formation you'll be playing but a bit of fodder could free up funds.

You need Kane or Aguero... if neither you need some Spurs or City

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Similar team to the templates I've seen.

Hennesy Hamer
    Mendy Robbo Alonso Wan-B Bennett
    Salah Mane Pedro Walcott Guendozi
    Aguero Zaha Mitrovic

Any feedback greatly appreciated.
    Could do Hazard/Wilson instead of Mane/Zaha?

I would do this if I had Salah. Liverpool fixtures not too favorable & if Mane continues hot streak can easily switch back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

I would agree with Parlance that Morata has not done enough to be a premium striker pick on a WC.

• Advertisement

I would agree with Parlance that Morata has not done enough to be a premium striker pick on a WC.

It’s all about judging the player now.

I don’t think templates will get you very far this season and I’m happy about that.

Get the player in that has a big score coming rather than following the masses buying players that have just scored big.

Hopefully, this season, watching as many games as possible actually pays off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Mid wildcard and took Salah out of my team to try benefit from a double price rise. Squad looks a lot more balanced as a result. Maybe a little bit too much cash sitting on the bench.

What do people think of exiting a wildcard without Salah. Makes bringing him in a big challenge going forward but also can't see his price rising too much given he's already at >50% ownership. Maybe a few blank weeks will leave to him dropping a little.

S.M.B. wrote: »

What do people think of exiting a wildcard without Salah. Makes bringing him in a big challenge going forward but also can't see his price rising too much given he's already at >50% ownership.

I'm considering this as time goes on. Probably after the international break and when Liverpool fixtures get more difficult.

He won't rise in price I just can't see it happen. So could just take a - 4 or - 8 if you really needed him back in. Mane will get close to the same points this year I think

I'm just thinking after last night that I need Kane, he scored at Old Trafford, has broken his August duck. Could be a great season or him.

Who do you get in for that other premium mid spot?

Hazard, Eriksen haven't really hit form yet
    Bilva, Dilva, Sane & Sterling = too much rotation risk
    Pogba = :eek:

Who are people eying up?

My current WC team:

Etheridge / Hamer
    Mendy / Trippier / Cook / Wan-Biss / Bennett
    Salah / Mane / Walcott / Pedro / Lucas Moura
    Mitrovic / Aguero / Wilson

(Players in bold I've had since the start)

Walcott to be swapped back to Ricky asap and Moura only there in the hopes of a 2nd rise, will be swapped for Mkhitaryan if that happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

The template has always been strong mids and forwards with 1 or 2 decent defenders/keeper.
    Everyone is now reversing that...but how long before we revert to the norm?

jay0109 wrote: »
    The template has always been strong mids and forwards with 1 or 2 decent defenders/keeper.
    Everyone is now reversing that...but how long before we revert to the norm?

I don't know if we will. Attacking full backs are so important in the game now, they've nearly replaced the traditional winger. It's unlikely any 6.5 mid or forward will matched the returns of Alonso/Mendy/Robertson this season.

I'm considering this as time goes on. Probably after the international break and when Liverpool fixtures get more difficult.

He won't rise in price I just can't see it happen. So could just take a - 4 or - 8 if you really needed him back in. Mane will get close to the same points this year I think

+1 on this I think I've nearly settled on not having him and having robbo and mane as Liverpool cover it's opens up so many more options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Hazard & Ings

or

PEA & Brooks

I already have Alonso in if that's a factor.

dahat wrote: »
    Hazard & Ings

or

PEA & Brooks

I already have Alonso in if that's a factor.

Hazard and Ings for me

• Advertisement
Advertisement