Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wildcard 2018/19

• 18-08-2018 7:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭

Yes it’s early but people have already wildcarded. This weekend will be the decider for me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

I was planning on wildcarding this week and set up my team with this in mind but I don't really think I have to now as my team is looking decent. Still there's a few changes I'd like to make so I'll see how this weekend goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Hi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

km79 wrote: »
    Hi

So it begins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭macraignil

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KevIRL View Post
    Wildcard activated
    Sounds like the right thing to do.

Aguero, King, Stephens(Brighton), Mahrez, Doherty out.

Kane, Ings, Schneiderlin, Richarlison and Mendy in.

Not sure about Scneiderlin for how much game time he will get but for 4.5mill. he makes a better option than Stephens I think. .3mill in bank after changes to help change things about during the week but would be happy to leave as

Ederson Begovic
    Mendy, Shaw, Wan Bissaka, Alexander Arnold, Robertson
    Salah, Richarlison, Fraser, Neves, Schneiderlin
    Kane, Aubameyang, Ings

Any advice on changes appreciated.

Edit. Changed already with Arnold to Pereira, Schneiderlin to Mkhitaryan and Aubemeyang to Zaha

First changes of probably 100plus this week.

First draft:

Hart Hamer
    PVA Mendy Robertson AWB Bennet
    Mane Hazard Bilva Mkhi Ricky
    Aubameyang Firminho Kamara

No Salah the big thing but I think it gives my team more balance. All players have decent fixtures for next few weeks, especially Arsenal. Hazard has to start starting soon and 10.5m is a bargain if he hits form imo. Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Klonker wrote: »
    First draft:

Hart Hamer

No Salah the big thing but I think it gives my team more balance. All players have decent fixtures for next few weeks, especially Arsenal. Hazard has to start starting soon and 10.5m is a bargain if he hits form imo. Any thoughts?

Asking for trouble without Salah tbh not worth the pain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Liverpool have some tricky away fixtures coming up so I kinda like the look of that team. I think I'd have to have Alonso and Sterling in there though if I was going without Salah and then maybe transfer him in for Sterling in a few weeks.

You could free up some funds by changing Firmino to Ings. I'd also change Bennet to a 4.5 defender.

First draft:

Hart Hamer

Yeah I'm a bit torn as what to do, I've made a few changes for price rises so I have to use wildcard now anyway. I'll see how the matches play out today and tomorrow first, an injury or red card for someone could change everything.

Dearg81 wrote: »

Liverpool have some tricky away fixtures coming up so I kinda like the look of that team. I think I'd have to have Alonso and Sterling in there though if I was going without Salah and then maybe transfer him in for Sterling in a few weeks.

You could free up some funds by changing Firmino to Ings. I'd also change Bennet to a 4.5 defender.

Yeah I actually did another draft of this with Ings for Firminho and Alonso for Bennet which leaves me with 1.5m in bank to Maybe upgrade keeper.

Have a draft for my WC team if I decide to pull the trigger.

Decision one - Robertson or PVA ?

Decision two - play Fraser or Ings every week ?

For that 10m combo it’s either Fraser & Kamara or Westwood & Ings. Westwood could be any 4.5m mid but I prefer him currently.

I’m leaning toward the Westwood and Ings combo.

Also leaning towards PVA over Robertson and that would leave me with 0.5m in the bank which is something I like for manoeuvrability.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I’m on the wildcard train now!!

Have a draft for my WC team if I decide to pull the trigger.

Decision one - Robertson or PVA ?

Decision two - play Fraser or Ings every week ?

For that 10m combo it’s either Fraser & Kamara or Westwood & Ings. Westwood could be any 4.5m mid but I prefer him currently.

I’m leaning toward the Westwood and Ings combo.

Also leaning towards PVA over Robertson and that would leave me with 0.5m in the bank which is something I like for manoeuvrability.

I think Robertson could have more clean sheets than PVA over the full season so going with him in my wildcard team.

Looks like I could be playing both Ings and Fraser most weeks with my wildcard team. Had Fraser since the start and see no reason to drop him and Ings looks like a good value striker at 5.5mill.

Currently on:
    Ederson
    Robertson, Mendy, Alonso
    Mane, Richarlison, Salah, Fraser
    Ings, Aguero, Wilson

Begovic, Wan-Bissaka, Neves, Pereira

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Currently on

Foster Etheridge
    Mendy Alonso Robertson Peltier WanB
    Pedro Ricky Micky Salah Bilva
    Aguero Arnie Ings

.3 ITB

Will play 352

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

I've activated, writing this as a note to self
    Gone from this:
    DDG-Boruc
    Mendy-Davies-Shaw-Wan Bissaka-Peltier
    Salah-Pogba-Richarlison-Jota-Stephens
    Aguero-Firmino-Austin

Currently on this, in attempt to nab a double riser which won't happen.
    Ederson-Hamer
    Mendy-Alonso-Shaw-Wan Bissaka-Bennett
    Salah-Pogba-Pedro-Richarlison-Stephens
    Aguero-Firmino-Wilson

I plan to end up with Lloris or Allison in goal
    Ings for Wilson up front

I might try and downgrade one premium Def or
    the GK, and Pedro to Kante :O

In order to have Kane instead of Firmino.
    I had been planning to get Kane in for Aguero but don't know if I can do it after Sergio looked after me today.

Salah out for Mane would make things so much easier for me. :/
    But don't think I could sleep easy at night with the fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

macraignil wrote: »
    I think Robertson could have more clean sheets than PVA over the full season so going with him in my wildcard team.

Looks like I could be playing both Ings and Fraser most weeks with my wildcard team. Had Fraser since the start and see no reason to drop him and Ings looks like a good value striker at 5.5mill.

Currently on:
    Ederson
    Robertson, Mendy, Alonso
    Ings, Aguero, Wilson

Why do you have Begovic? When is he ever going to start for you ahead of Ederson?

Mokuba wrote: »
    Why do you have Begovic? When is he ever going to start for you ahead of Ederson?

I had him for game week one when I thought there was a good chance Arsenal could score against Ederson. Turned out I missed out on 2 points as Ederson scored 8 when on the bench that week. Was thinking of changing to any playing 4mill goalkeeper after but since that would be Hamer who might loose his place to Lossl I was just going to leave as is. Also not sure what to do with the extra .5mill as only have .1mill in bank with current team. Not sure .6mill would get a better player in but will give it some thought over the week. Thanks for the reminder.

Maybe if I can get another .5mill from somewhere I could do Mane to Hazard but will wait until tomorrow evening's game to see if that might make sense.

shineon23 wrote: »
    I've activated, writing this as a note to self
    Gone from this:
    DDG-Boruc
    Mendy-Davies-Shaw-Wan Bissaka-Peltier
    Salah-Pogba-Richarlison-Jota-Stephens
    Aguero-Firmino-Austin

Currently on this, in attempt to nab a double riser which won't happen.
    Ederson-Hamer
    Mendy-Alonso-Shaw-Wan Bissaka-Bennett
    Salah-Pogba-Pedro-Richarlison-Stephens
    Aguero-Firmino-Wilson

I plan to end up with Lloris or Allison in goal
    Ings for Wilson up front

I might try and downgrade one premium Def or
    the GK, and Pedro to Kante :O

In order to have Kane instead of Firmino.
    I had been planning to get Kane in for Aguero but don't know if I can do it after Sergio looked after me today.

Salah out for Mane would make things so much easier for me. :/
    But don't think I could sleep easy at night with the fear.

David Silva at 8.4 is now entering my thoughts in Pogba's place.
    Id be set on it if not for the threat of Pep-ball rotation and the likelihood of me not paying attention in the coming weeks I need as many guaranteed starters as i can

macraignil wrote: »

Currently on:
    Ederson
    Robertson, Mendy, Alonso
    Ings, Aguero, Wilson

I agree with what's been said, no need for a 4.5 keeper when having a premium as your first choice. I'd pick any 4.0 keeper, may as well go with Hamer and nonbig deal if he loses his place, just be weary of a drop to 3.9 when/I he's benched.

Myself, I don't like to double up on clubs in defence, I usually get burned, like today with double man united defence.

I'd probably lose Ederson (or Mendy) to avoid double City defence, and that would also allow for another City attacking slot down the road.
    I'd be keeping Mendy, and go with a keeper from a different top 6 team.

Apart form Aguero, Strikers look very light to me, as does your 4th and 5th midfielders.
    If Pep decides to rotate Aguero you could be in trouble up in attack, relying on Salah, Mane and Richarlison each week for hauls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Just hit the button.

Ederson
    Alonso-Mendy-Robertson
    Mkhitaryan-Richarlison-Pogba-Mane-Neves
    Aguero-Aubameyang

Hamer, Wan-Biss, Daniels, Kamara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Also done the WC. Can't ignore Aguero in this form with the fixtures he has on the way. Not sure what the rest of my team will be. Will assess after Monday's evening game.

• Advertisement

mdwexford wrote: »
    Just hit the button.

Ederson
    Alonso-Mendy-Robertson
    Mkhitaryan-Richarlison-Pogba-Mane-Neves
    Aguero-Aubameyang

Hamer, Wan-Biss, Daniels, Kamara

I like it, I think I'll also go without Salah, they have a tough run after next weekend and he's just too expensive.

I'm not mad about Neves though, can you find .5m for Ings instead ?

I like it, I think I'll also go without Salah, they have a tough run after next weekend and he's just too expensive.

I'm not mad about Neves though, can you find .5m for Ings instead ?

They'd need 3 changes to get there.
    Ings is 5.5 striker.
    Neves a 5.1 MF.

Kamara(4.5) to Ings-needs 1.0
    Neves to 4.5MF gives you .6 max to play with.

And another move elsewhere to get the other 0.4 /0.5, depending on how much Neves was bought for.

I'd downgrade Daniels to a 4.0 defender. Is he ever going to get a game amongst that premium defence.

shineon23 wrote:
    I'd downgrade Daniels to a 4.0 defender. Is he ever going to get a game amongst that premium defence.

Yeah that's the changes I was thinking but was going to leave him decide how to do it, can't be doing all the work for them :P

Feels a tad mad to be wildcarding whilst sitting inside the top 10k but currently that’s exactly what I’ll be doing.

Best 4.5m bench fodder midfielder ?

I’m thinking Westwood, Stephens, Billing, Mendy and Geundozi and in that order too.

Any different take on the 4.5m midfield bench fodder order ?

Highly annoying that Ndidi is 5.0m.

I’m thinking Westwood, Stephens, Billing, Mendy and Geundozi and in that order too.

Man I wish Mendy was 4.5M :pac:

Man I wish Mendy was 4.5M :pac:

He is and 180 minutes under his belt already. For Leicester.

He is and 180 minutes under his belt already. For Leicester.

I guess I'm the one who needs more sleep this time.

Carry on

Seen Pogba in a few wildcard teams
    Just
    No

Don’t care how cheap he seems . Don’t care if he is on pens . There are a wealth of mid price midfield options that do not play for United under Mourinho. Buy one of them instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Pogba 8.1 v Dilva 8.4

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »
    Pogba 8.1 v Dilva 8.4

Look up :D

km79 wrote: »
    Seen Pogba in a few wildcard teams
    Just
    No

Don’t care how cheap he seems . Don’t care if he is on pens . There are a wealth of mid price midfield options that do not play for United under Mourinho. Buy one of them instead

I agree, United are toxic at the moment. I won't be going near any of their players for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I wildcarded last week in a break of tradition from waiting for the international break and after getting off to a terrible start.

Last year I got off to a poor start and decided to wait until the break which was a big mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

On a wildcard as well. Happy enough with the first two gameweeks so far, but would have had to absorb at least four price drops this week, with players I want going up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Feels a tad mad to be wildcarding whilst sitting inside the top 10k but currently that’s exactly what I’ll be doing.

I've had a good start too but want to consolidate it and don't see any point in waiting and losing team value. I'm going to go with Westwood I think.

Not sure if this is a common thing but wildcarding before the international break just seems like a bad idea to me. 2 injuries and you're looking at a big hit after wildcarding.

• Advertisement

Not sure if this is a common thing but wildcarding before the international break just seems like a bad idea to me. 2 injuries and you're looking at a big hit after wildcarding.

But if you want wildcard and then bank the week after .....

I've had a good start too but want to consolidate it and don't see any point in waiting and losing team value. I'm going to go with Westwood I think.

I might try and hold it for one more week but price changes will decide what I do.

I’ve no Arsenal and I’ve no bench.

That could be reason enough.

The only other thing that could stop me using WC would be finding a 4.5m defender that I’d be happy to start every GW regardless of fixture.

That -4 would allow me to save WC.

The only other thing that could stop me using WC would be finding a 4.5m defender that I’d be happy to start every GW regardless of fixture.

Barring a City or maybe Liverpool defender what team would you be happy to have a defender on that starts each week?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I don't think there is a set and forget 4.5 defender.

Cook/Smith(BOU) to GW10 would give you some breathing space, EVE,che,LEI,bur,CRY,wat,SOU,ful.
    Cook may even net you a 0.1 in that timeframe.
    GW11 to 16 sees them up against: UTD,new,ARS,mci,HUD,liv.

Check HUD fixtures, their tough games are kind of nicely spaced, downside, it's HUD.

• Advertisement

Barring a City or maybe Liverpool defender what team would you be happy to have a defender on that starts each week?

I think Tomkins at Palace would be an option but I have AWB and I’m considering PVA as one of my premiums.

I could go with Robertson instead of PVA but then I’d be starting Tomkins and AWB every other week.

Holebas was on my preseason shortlist and I’d probably gamble on him now but he’s risen to 4.6m.

In fact earlier I was thinking you could easily have any of AWB, Tomkins, Sakho, PVA or Schlupp in your team and they’d be justified. Shame they all play for the same team.

I would maybe trust a Watford defender like Kabasele or a Rafa defender but neither team in the short term as tough fixtures coming up.

Schlupp might be the answer. Good fixtures. OOP and heading towards a rise. One or two clean sheets and or a goal in his next 3 matches could see a double rise.

Edit - can’t quote two posts but this is also replying to Fingers.

I think Tomkins at Palace would be an option but I have AWB and I’m considering PVA as one of my premiums.

I could go with Robertson instead of PVA but then I’d be starting Tomkins and AWB every other week.

Holebas was on my preseason shortlist and I’d probably gamble on him now but he’s risen to 4.6m.

In fact earlier I was thinking you could easily have any of AWB, Tomkins, Sakho, PVA or Schlupp in your team and they’d be justified. Shame they all play for the same team.

I would maybe trust a Watford defender like Kabasele or a Rafa defender but neither team in the short term as tough fixtures coming up.

Schlupp might be the answer. Good fixtures. OOP and heading towards a rise. One or two clean sheets and or a goal in his next 3 matches could see a double rise.

Edit - can’t quote two posts but this is also replying to Fingers.

I've 2 on my watchlist but unsure what to do with them actually I've 3 now come to think about it they are Perriera, Jonny and Fosu-Mensah.

In terms of keeping clean sheets well you would worry a bit or a lot about all 3 to varying degrees

I watched the Lecister wolves game on saturday and I was impressed by wolves they really set the tempo in that game and were very unlucky to lose it imo, the first goal they conceded was a freak but after it they lost thier composure until sometime in the 2nd half.

Jonny played LWB and got into some very attacking positions in the first half so I could see him racking up a few assists maybe even getting some goals this season. I could see wolves as a team who will do versus the bottom half teams this year but maybe getting a few hockeyings by the bigger boys.

Perriera was one of Lecisters only really attacking threats on the flank I though albrigton on the right wing was muck just launching aimless crosses into the box repeatedly. I think I'll end up taking this gamble on Perriera who played further forward versus Man Utd and hope he ends up taking that spot himself later on sometime.

Both have decent fixtures in thier next 6-8 games and while wolves start wouldnt fill you with confidence of clean sheets I do feel they might come.

I haven't seen any of Fulham but Fosu is only on my shortlist as I noticed looking through the stats that Chrisite had the highest amount of crosses of any player after game 1, if this is a tactic they employ and you think that Mitrovic will score a few goals this season it might be a nice double to play.

But again it isn't a team you would think will keep a lot of clean sheets.

Sorry a bit long just the few who have jumped out at me as possible cheaper plays in defence with possible good upsides

*wolves decent run starts after the city game

I've 2 on my watchlist but unsure what to do with them actually I've 3 now come to think about it they are Perriera, Jonny and Fosu-Mensah.

In terms of keeping clean sheets well you would worry a bit or a lot about all 3 to varying degrees

I watched the Lecister wolves game on saturday and I was impressed by wolves they really set the tempo in that game and were very unlucky to lose it imo, the first goal they conceded was a freak but after it they lost thier composure until sometime in the 2nd half.

Jonny played LWB and got into some very attacking positions in the first half so I could see him racking up a few assists maybe even getting some goals this season. I could see wolves as a team who will do versus the bottom half teams this year but maybe getting a few hockeyings by the bigger boys.

Perriera was one of Lecisters only really attacking threats on the flank I though albrigton on the right wing was muck just launching aimless crosses into the box repeatedly. I think I'll end up taking this gamble on Perriera who played further forward versus Man Utd and hope he ends up taking that spot himself later on sometime.

Both have decent fixtures in thier next 6-8 games and while wolves start wouldnt fill you with confidence of clean sheets I do feel they might come.

I haven't seen any of Fulham but Fosu is only on my shortlist as I noticed looking through the stats that Chrisite had the highest amount of crosses of any player after game 1, if this is a tactic they employ and you think that Mitrovic will score a few goals this season it might be a nice double to play.

But again it isn't a team you would think will keep a lot of clean sheets.

Sorry a bit long just the few who have jumped out at me as possible cheaper plays in defence with possible good upsides

*wolves decent run starts after the city game

Wolves have committed to playing attacking football so I’d be concerned about clean sheets. Jonny actually came with a reputation of being more defensive so the thoughts were Doherty might be the attacking outlet on the right. But I agree with you that Jonny hasn’t been afraid to get into good positions in the final third.

Pereira would make more appeal OOP but if he is playing RB then I’d prefer Chilwell. He was only 1 point behind Pereira in the bps who had the assist.

Fulham will play attacking football too so I’m not too sure about TFM who will have competition from Christie.

I’ve already used my two FT’s to get rid of two price fallers and I’ve got concerns going forward with Patricio, Shaw, Bilva (rotation), Bednarek amd to a lesser extent Firmino.

I could WC and take Firmino out for Aubameyang (whom i desperately want) and bring in Robertson for Shaw. I could also take in Ings and tidy up my bench a tad.

I’d like to hold my WC but it’s also there to be used. I could set myself up as I definitely want to try my best to minimise hits this season. Every odd -4 adds up. I could -4 this week and still have 9-10 players on the pitch.

The -4 is a gamble. The WC is not but then I’ve a long way to go before I use it again.

Kabasele is 4.5M instead of Holebas? But Watford do have two tough fixtures coming up with Spurs and United

edit: sorry see you mentioned it. Man these early mornings are killing me.

Wolves have committed to playing attacking football so I’d be concerned about clean sheets. Jonny actually came with a reputation of being more defensive so the thoughts were Doherty might be the attacking outlet on the right. But I agree with you that Jonny hasn’t been afraid to get into good positions in the final third.

Pereira would make more appeal OOP but if he is playing RB then I’d prefer Chilwell. He was only 1 point behind Pereira in the bps who had the assist.

Fulham will play attacking football too so I’m not too sure about TFM who will have competition from Christie.

I’ve already used my two FT’s to get rid of two price fallers and I’ve got concerns going forward with Patricio, Shaw, Bilva (rotation), Bednarek amd to a lesser extent Firmino.

I could WC and take Firmino out for Aubameyang (whom i desperately want) and bring in Robertson for Shaw. I could also take in Ings and tidy up my bench a tad.

I’d like to hold my WC but it’s also there to be used. I could set myself up as I definitely want to try my best to minimise hits this season. Every odd -4 adds up. I could -4 this week and still have 9-10 players on the pitch.

The -4 is a gamble. The WC is not but then I’ve a long way to go before I use it again.

If your looking at fielding 0s next week which I was then the -4 hit isn't much of a gamble (sorry if im taking you up wrong) 4 is break even anything else is profit so to speak even if you were to lose say 1-2 points on it and it sets your team up better going forward it could still prove to be a good move.

I think it'd be nicer to have 4-5 weeks of information before wildcarding I'd love Aubameyang too but even at that we dont know what Emery will do with his line up when not facing a top side

I just think now is the time to own Aubameyang. That is some run they have starting on Saturday.

How many will they score against a hapless West Ham ? Could be 4 or 5.

Edit - looks like he might even drop in price before the weekend

I just think now is the time to own Aubameyang. That is some run they have starting on Saturday.

How many will they score against a hapless West Ham ? Could be 4 or 5.

It certainly looks that way alright but we dont know if say Lacazette will start playing against the weaker players. I think I read you got off to a good start so you don't need to be trying to taking risks to get ahead of the curve to catch up.

Its a great leverage play given his ownership compared to Augeros but it has some uncertainty probably a play I should have made given my start now that I think about it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

If you get off to a decent start and have some players that are part of the initial bandwagons then by all means hang onto that WC. After all, being able to WC in the event of a number of injured players and after some trends are apparent is a nice weapon to have.

However it's definitely not worth holding onto the WC if it means you're going to miss out on price rises, and have to suffer some drops with your current crop of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Few of the 50/50 calls in my picks really hurting now.

Siggy over Ricky
    King over Fraser
    VVD over Robertson
    Firmino over Mane

Hard to be patient. Considering wildcard but have missed some drops/increases last night already now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

El festino wrote: »
    Few of the 50/50 calls in my picks really hurting now.

Siggy over Ricky
    King over Fraser
    VVD over Robertson
    Firmino over Mane

Hard to be patient. Considering wildcard but have missed some drops/increases last night already now.

Same. I am a ditherer by nature but have lost 0.4 by not moving Sunday. Still hard to wildcard already.

• Advertisement
Advertisement