Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who's going to see the Pope?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller Returns

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    "Whataboutery " expert level unlocked.

Wanna answer the question. Should we shut down all care homes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭J. Smith

A lot of bad Catholics. A lot of good Catholics. A lot of bad priests. A lot of good priests. A lot of bad non-Catholics. A lot of good non-Catholics. A lot of bad things. A lot of good things. A lot of bad. A lot of good. Bad. Good. Bad. Good. Bad. Good. Nothing has anything to do with anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭donaldtramp

You could substitute full house for sell out if you felt up to it! Although judging by your post I'd say you would probably need a lie down afterwards.

You lack fundamental arguing skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

And do you think the parishioners in Churches support the perpetrators?

I do anyone that is still involved with an organisation that was found to have engaged in the abuse of children and cover up of same is a supporter.

J. Smith wrote:
    A lot of bad Catholics. A lot of good Catholics. A lot of bad priests. A lot of good priests. A lot of bad non-Catholics. A lot of good non-Catholics. A lot of bad things. A lot of good things. A lot of bad. A lot of good. Bad. Good. Bad. Good. Bad. Good. Nothing has anything to do with anything.

'For evil to triumph good men must do nothing" Not word for word E Burkes quote but I'm sure you get the gist.

• Advertisement

I do anyone that is still involved with an organisation that was found to have engaged in the abuse of children and cover up of same is a supporter.

What a strange argument.

What a strange argument.

Argument? You asked a question I answered. It's my opinion and considering the empty pews I would suggest many feel the same.

Argument? You asked a question I answered. It's my opinion and considering the empty pews I would suggest many feel the same.

So you really do think Chelsea fans should boycott en masse the stadium. Using your logic that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

You lack fundamental arguing skills.

Who's argueing? Most Catholics are glad to see the Pope coming to Ireland and most non Catholics don't mind one way or the other.

Nah, that was a really stupid point to make. Some certain communities/races have engaged in similar stuff in the past and hidden it but we'd hardly go shunning an entire races now, would we?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Why does the good they do never get talked about.

Honestly, because their control of the moral compass of this country was repressive, full of hypocrisy and cast a long shadow on this country. I'm 100% glad to see their influence wane in this country and state becoming more and more secular with each passing generation.

That said, I'll still support people's freedom of expression of belief and people's right to go and see the Pope when he visits even though I rather pour lemon juice in my eyes than be there.

So you really do think Chelsea fans should boycott en masse the stadium. Using your logic that is.

I have nothing to say about the "whataboutery" usual hiding place of defenders of the indefensible. ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 21,599 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

....... wrote: »
    +1
    And I deride anyone who thinks otherwise tbh

Nah, that was a really stupid point to make. Some certain communities/races have engaged in similar stuff in the past and hidden it but we'd hardly go shunning an entire races now, would we?

Maybe they have, but this thread is about a lad who is head of an organisation that engaged in the abuse of children and cover up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Answer my question, please.

Iff your so determined to get an answer, ’ll answer your question if ya want :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

....... wrote: »

Aren't they the largest charitable organisation in the world.

The majority of us do nothing to help people. Absolutely nothing.

Their agenda is to be like Christ, help the less fortunate.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,267 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Aren't they the largest charitable organisation in the world.

The majority of us do nothing to help people. Absolutely nothing.

Their agenda is to be like Christ, help the less fortunate.

They are certainly the largest receivers of charitable donations in the world.

Maybe they have, but this thread is about a lad who is head of an organisation that engaged in the abuse of children and cover up.

Everyone is so goddamn touchy about something that happened like 50 years ago.

What about the US government, they enslaved black people and oppressed them 50 years ago too.

Despite the fact that the majority of you don't like Donald Trump because you're all boring left wingers, would that mean that you would never go to see a president? Like Barrack Obama, he's black....

• Advertisement

You could substitute full house for sell out if you felt up to it! Although judging by your post I'd say you would probably need a lie down afterwards.

Hmmm..... rather poor attempt at a put down. Score 2 /10 must ry harder.

What about the US government, they enslaved black people and oppressed them 50 years ago too.

Despite the fact that the majority of you don't like Donald Trump because you're all boring left wingers, would that mean that you would never go to see a president? Like Barrack Obama, he's black....

50 years ago? I cant believe anybody could be so ignorant on the subject and have such strong opinions.

50 years ago? You referencing a specific event.

Whataboutery

Not sure how this b.s. is even relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

No, this thread is about who is going to see the pope.
    If you're not going fine but if so why are you so fixated about the catholic church?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

have you any humanity?

No, this thread is about who is going to see the pope. If you're not going fine but if so why are you so fixated about the catholic church?

The head of an organisation that enabled paedophiles.

If you're not going fine but if so why are you so fixated about the catholic church?

Because they facilitated child abuse on a massive scale? Is that not enough reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Yeah, what's the pope got to do with the Catholic Church :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

But it was the priests that were being touchy first.

• Advertisement

Advertisement