Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who's going to see the Pope?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

....... wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

You lost all credibility with this post, and the 2 idiots who thanked it are just as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

You lost all credibility with this post, and the 2 idiots who thanked it are just as bad.

You obviously believe what you have said but if I bet if you were a member of any other club which had the history of institutionalised paedophilia, sex abuse and other crimes which the catholic church has and you objected to same you'd have resigned your membership post haste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Why are people idiots? Because they disagree with you? They have a lack

Why has the person lost credibility, is the comment untrue? Not sure if I thanked the post or not , generally though I have found the only ones who get insulting and personal are those in favour of the visit.

You obviously believe what you have said but if I bet if you were a member of any other club which had the history of institutionalised paedophilia, sex abuse and other crimes which the catholic church has and you objected to same you'd have resigned your membership post haste.
    Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Why has the person lost credibility, is the comment untrue? Not sure if I thanked the post or not , generally though I have found the only ones who get insulting and personal are those in favour of the visit.

She said ordinary catholics support the cover up and moving around of paedo priests by simply being members of the church.

Now if the 2 of you agree with this post then that's up to you but I don't know one catholic who supports paedos.

Everyone agrees what happened was wrong and has sympathy with the victims.

• Advertisement

Yet they still remain members of the club and contribute financially to it on a weekly basis.

Sympathy is useless.

Action is what matters.

Have you (or any other "ordinary members") called out your leadership for the way they have and continue to protect the institution at the cost of the abused?

How many ordinary members stood tall with this man when your church paid SEVEN barristers to discredit him?

Yet they still remain members of the club and contribute financially to it on a weekly basis.

And?

And?

Hadn't finished my post, go back and read and watch it then come back with your smart ar$e "and"?

Imagine your son being sodomised on an institutional basis and the membership staying quiet?

Now if the 2 of you agree with this post then that's up to you but I don't know one catholic who supports paedos.

You don't know one, sound but every bishop that moved them around every priest and nun/lay person that kept their mouths shut supported them.

She said ordinary catholics support the cover up and moving around of paedo priests by simply being members of the church.

1. Deliberate denial.

2. Staying quiet despite knowing what was going on.

3. Not challenging your leadership.

1 - 3 = passive support.

• Advertisement

You don't know one, sound but every bishop that moved them around every priest and nun/lay person that kept their mouths shut supported them.

But she wasn't talking about the clergy, she specifically said ordinary catholics in 2018 were paedo supporters

• Registered Users Posts: 33,957 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Really? Your church collection is supporting a comfortable retirement for convicted paedophiles.

Life ain't always empty.

But she wasn't talking about the clergy, she specifically said ordinary catholics in 2018 were paedo supporters

The fact that ordinary Catholics are still members of the church then they have given their support to the abuse that happened and subsequent cover ups.

Hadn't finished my post, go back and read and watch it then come back with your smart ar$e "and"?

Imagine your son being sodomised on an institutional basis and the membership staying quiet?

Don't you get smart with me either.

I'm well aware with that clip because I was watching it on the night he spoke on Q and A.

again I don't know any ordinary member of the church who agreed with what happened to him and others which is why people are pushing for change from within.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

The fact that ordinary Catholics are still members of the church then they have given their support to the abuse that happened and subsequent cover ups.

So you're calling Catholics in Ireland 2018, pedophile enablers?

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

It's pointless talking to you, I'm done.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

What do you mean by 'still members."

You don't leave. Anyone who is Confirmed into the CC is a member for life.

Don't you get smart with me either.

Ooohhh, your little threat is sooooo intimidating. What are you going to do, sodomise me????
    I'm well aware with that clip because I was watching it on the night he spike on Q and A.

again I don't know any ordinary member of the church who agreed with what happened to him and others which is why people are pushing for change from within.

That clip was from 2009 but the abuse took place 40 years before that.

What change has been achieved "from within" and can you give me an example of where any other organisation with a rap sheet as long as the catholic church (the nazis or the mob are all I can think of as comparatives) reformed and became positive contributors to society?

Ooohhh, your little threat is sooooo intimidating. What are you going to do, sodomise me????

Seriously, if you wanted to discuss the issue that's one thing but when I see this it's just pointless.

The ones still supporting the church, if the hat fits and all that.

• Advertisement

It's pointless talking to you, I'm done.

Bye bye.

You don't leave. Anyone who is Confirmed into the CC is a member for life.

I'll put it this way those that still turn up on days of obligation and fill the baskets. Hope that clears it up for you.

Seriously, if you wanted to discuss the issue that's one thing but when I see this it's just pointless.

So you don't like me standing up to your little threat. Not something you're used to I guess and a convenient way for you to avoid addressing the substantive issue.

You crack on financially and emotionally contributing to an organisation which has the largest record of paedophilia and sexual abuse in modern times.

No doubt that is truly the way to the promised land ;)

So you don't like me standing up to your little threat. Not something you're used to I guess and a convenient way for you to avoid addressing the substantive issue.

You crack on financially and emotionally contributing to an organisation which has the largest record of paedophilia and sexual abuse in modern times.

Threat?

Who do you think I am, Liam Neeson.

You called me a smart arse, I told you not to get smart with me either so if you think that's a threat then you must be a very sensitive little flower.

do you want me to give you a hug.

Threat?

Who do you think I am, Liam Neeson.

You called me a smart arse, I told you not to get smart with me either so if you think that's a threat then you must be a very sensitive little flower.

do you want me to give you a hug.

Well at least you're asking!!! That in itself is progress :-)

I couldn't give a fook what you think

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭blazard

i like francis and no i wont be going to see him

have a telly for that.

Nor do most of your club members and that is EXACTLY the problem.

Thanks for clarifying.

QED

Nor do most of your club members and that is EXACTLY the problem.

Thanks for clarifying.

QED

No problem jack, happy to help.

Anytime you want that hug give us a shout xoxo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,957 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

You're reading and responding so clearly you do.

If they're contributing financially then that's exactly what they are, yes.

Life ain't always empty.

Advertisement