Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Israel want to wipe out the Palestinians?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Is there an election due? That's the usual trigger.

Early 2019, I believe.

A further example of just how much BDS terrifies them

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-eu-s-mogherini-to-israeli-minister-you-feed-disinformation-1.6280308

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Is there an election due? That's the usual trigger.

Yup, and just slightly off topic but in Lebanon we knew when the UNIFIL mandate came up for discussion that Hezbollah would increase their presence in the south (of the Litani river).

And if there was talks of reducing UNIFIL's strength Hezbollah would launch attacks against northern Israel provoking a retaliation from Israel, why?.. Because UNIFIL is worth a fortune to the economy of the south.

Its crazy what drives people to war.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

I actually like israel. Will never understand the hatred towards this country.
    A

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

A

Jews.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭skepticalme

A

What do you like about Israel?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

A

Some people aren’t mad on the whole murdering men, women and children and the apartheid thing.

A

They are colonising areas outside their borders, under the protection of the US. These areas see discrimination akin to that seen in apartheid South Africa.

More detail

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,990 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

A

constant breaching of international and human rights law, colonization and expansion, deliberate targeting of civilians, stealing people's land, the practicing of apartheid in the colonized areas outside their border (and probably within it as well)
    lots more as well but they are the main ones.
    Taytoland wrote: »
    Jews.

nope. most people judge states on their actions rather then religion. i have the same contempt for saudi arabia and it's behaviour as i do for israel. however i blame their governments rather then the people of those countries for the actions of those countries.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Jews.

I know a load of Israeli's and like em a lot. They are lovely people. However the state of israel has committed loads of crimes. If they stopped settling Palestinian lands I'd have a lot more respect for them.

Grayson wrote: »
    Jews.

I know a load of Israeli's and like em a lot. They are lovely people. However the state of israel has committed loads of crimes. If they stopped settling Palestinian lands I'd have a lot more respect for them.
    So has every major country in the world, that's life. How do you think the United States came about or Spain and so on.

• Advertisement

Jews.

Hasbara rule no ? Make it about ideology not land, make it about terror not territory. Doesn't work anymore.

Hasbara is dead.
    https://www.globalresearch.ca/hasbara-is-dead-israels-effort-to-explain-to-the-world-is-over/5647680

'No, its explanations are reserved now for the hard-core supporters. The hasbara is pure propaganda, aimed at rallying the base. And everyone else is tuning out.'

Israel enshrines apartheid into law
    http://www.middleeasteye.net/columns/how-israel-enshrines-apartheid-law-818001636

Law to keep Breaking the silence out of schools
    https://www.haaretz.com/amp/israel-news/.premium-israel-passes-law-targeting-groups-that-support-soldiers-indictment-1.6284735?__twitter_impression=true

Israel is trying to close down any criticism of the state, turned their attention to facebook and twitter now to try and get any criticism there shut down.
    They know well this is not about religion and calling people anti semetic just washes off most people now.

They have been moving mobile bomb shelters near Gaza. I think they are close to mowing the lawn again alright. The Israeli public will be happy. A quick look at twitter and you can see them saying things like 'kill them all ' bomb them back to stone age, just flatten it etc.

I for one will never forget the images of 2014 when they last invaded. It was horrifying.

On the bright side, the ICC seems to be crawling forward.
    https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/icc-judges-order-outreach-victims-war-crimes-palestine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Israeli Education Minister Naftali Bennet has insisted that Israeli warplanes should drop bombs over the heads of Palestinian children flying kites into Israel, Ynet Net News reported.

During the meeting of the Israeli Security Cabinet on Sunday, which convened to discuss the latest Israeli attacks on the besieged Gaza Strip, Bennet said: “Why not shoot anyone who launches aerial weapons at our communities, and at the cells?

“There is no legal impediment. Why shoot next to them and not directly at them? These are terrorists for all intents and purposes.”’

When the Israeli Army Chief of Staff Gadi Eisenkot responded, saying: “I don’t think shooting teens and children – who are sometimes the ones launching the balloons and kites – is right.”

He also asked Bennet: “Are you proposing to drop a bomb from a plane on incendiary balloon and kite cells?”

Bennett stressed that the Israeli army should do this, pushing the army chief to say: “I disagree with you. It’s against my operational and moral positions.”

Most of the Palestinians who fly the kites during the Great March of Return, which started on 30 March, are children.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

Israeli Education Minister Naftali Bennet has insisted that Israeli warplanes should drop bombs over the heads of Palestinian children flying kites into Israel, Ynet Net News reported.

During the meeting of the Israeli Security Cabinet on Sunday, which convened to discuss the latest Israeli attacks on the besieged Gaza Strip, Bennet said: “Why not shoot anyone who launches aerial weapons at our communities, and at the cells?

“There is no legal impediment. Why shoot next to them and not directly at them? These are terrorists for all intents and purposes.”’

When the Israeli Army Chief of Staff Gadi Eisenkot responded, saying: “I don’t think shooting teens and children – who are sometimes the ones launching the balloons and kites – is right.”

He also asked Bennet: “Are you proposing to drop a bomb from a plane on incendiary balloon and kite cells?”

Bennett stressed that the Israeli army should do this, pushing the army chief to say: “I disagree with you. It’s against my operational and moral positions.”

Most of the Palestinians who fly the kites during the Great March of Return, which started on 30 March, are children.

And yet,
    When you consider the fact that the majority of people present when Israel was created were of Central Europe an descent, ie Austrian, Hungarian etc, and the Children of Israel were originally Canaanite,
    How could the State of Israel be created or permitted to continue existing??

Racist and insulting.
    Not a word about occupied territories.

https://m.jpost.com/Opinion/The-muck-of-the-Irish-562585

'In other words, although cloaked in opposition to Israel’s presence in Judea and Samaria, this legislation in fact boils down to a matter of discrimination based on a person’s religious beliefs.'

Racist and insulting.
    Not a word about occupied territories.

https://m.jpost.com/Opinion/The-muck-of-the-Irish-562585

'In other words, although cloaked in opposition to Israel’s presence in Judea and Samaria, this legislation in fact boils down to a matter of discrimination based on a person’s religious beliefs.'

Intellectually dishonest nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

From Sky News:

" Israel has approved a controversial law that defines the country as the nation-state of the Jewish people - leading to accusations that it discriminates against Arabs.

The Jewish Nation-State Bill, passed just after the state marked the 70th anniversary of its birth, was hailed as a "defining moment in the annals of Zionism" by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

But critics, including many Arabs, however, said it was racist and discriminatory, planting the seeds of an "apartheid state".

The law, backed by the right-wing government, was passed with a 62-55 vote and two abstentions in the 120-member parliament, after months of political argument.

Some Arab MPs shouted and ripped up papers after the vote.

The bill enshrines Hebrew as the only official language of the state, stripping Arabic of that status, and names Jewish settlement as a priority.

Mr Netanyahu said the bill was about defending the Jewish character of the state, which was established in 1948 as a homeland for the Jewish people, "for generations to come".

"We will keep ensuring civil rights in Israel's democracy but the majority also has rights and the majority decides," he said. "

Now, the International Holocaust Rememberance Alliance of 31 EU and EEA Countries plus the USA has adopted (2016) a wide ranging definition of anti-Semitism, including inter-alia:

"Denying the Jewish people their right to self-determination, e.g., by claiming that the existence of a State of Israel is a racist endeavor.

Applying double standards by requiring of it a behavior not expected or demanded of any other democratic nation.

Drawing comparisons of contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis."

Has Israel engineered for itself a carte-blanche to act in a fascist and oppressive way thanks to the wide ranging and inexhaustive shield of anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism?

I guess it makes me anti-Semitic to even say that, so so be it, but there is a western world complicity in this which in my view needs to be ended. Bibi Netanyahu and Likud needs to have its hubris checked as it manoeuvres into being a fully apartheid state with impunity.

Good policy as it protects Jews.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

The problem is that it exclusively protects jews

The problem is that it exclusively protects jews
    It's a Jewish state. So it's hardly a surprise.

That statement makes no sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

It's a Jewish state. So it's hardly a surprise.

Actually its a "Jewish and democratic State", or so it defines itself. The second part of that gets more hollow each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

So has every major country in the world, that's life. How do you think the United States came about or Spain and so on.

You've just said it all. In your thinking might is right and morality has no place. Moses' message "Thou shalt not steal" can be applied to others but dispensed with in respect to ourselves. The trouble is, while indigenous Americans and Australians had to take it lying down, Palestinians are not for playing that game, and the whole world is paying for it.
    It is not surprising that you should offer such an amoral apologia for the Israeli government now that they have abandoned all pretence to being anything other than another pre-apartheid South Africa, encouraged, aided and abetted by the delinquent in Washington.

Airstrikes for the last 2 hours. No rocket fire back yet. An IDF soldier has died after being sniped earlier today.

feargale wrote: »

You've just said it all. In your thinking might is right and morality has no place. Moses' message "Thou shalt not steal" can be applied to others but dispensed with in respect to ourselves. The trouble is, while indigenous Americans and Australians had to take it lying down, Palestinians are not for playing that game, and the whole world is paying for it.
    It is not surprising that you should offer such an amoral apologia for the Israeli government  now that they have abandoned all pretence to being anything other than another pre-apartheid South Africa, encouraged, aided and abetted by the delinquent in Washington.
    It doesn't in that part of the world. It's a fight to the death and Israel is conquering.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

It doesn't protect Jews. It's just fascism.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,577 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Hitler's policies only protected Germans.
    Sad how Jews now back methods used by the above named and have learned absolutely nothing from history.

Hitler's policies only protected Germans.
    Sad how Jews now back methods used by the above named and have learned absolutely nothing from history.

I think less of this antisemitism can only be a good thing. They have to protect Jewish people.

It doesn't in that part of the world. It's a fight to the death and Israel is conquering.

You do realise ( or do you? ) that this attitude of yours, totally devoid of morality, seriously undermines any denunciation by you, an ulster loyalist, of IRA violence.

The fact is that you lot only discovered Israel when republicans/nationalists by and large declared their support of Palestinians. If nationalists supported England in a World Cup final against the Vatican your crowd would root for the Pope's men.

I think less of this antisemitism can only be a good thing. They have to protect Jewish people.

The blood libel in reverse.

• Advertisement

feargale wrote: »

You do realise ( or do you? ) that this attitude of yours, totally devoid of morality, seriously undermines any denunciation by you, an ulster loyalist, of IRA violence.

The fact is that you lot only discovered Israel when republicans/nationalists by and large declared their support of Palestinians. If nationalists supported England in a World Cup final against the Vatican your crowd would root for the Pope's men.
    I wish a peace agreement could happen but ultimately it doesn't look like happening, so Israel should look to close in and end it.

Advertisement