Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Hmmmmm

I'm not just arguing with you for the sake of it....but how can you have a crime index for 2018 when it's only June?

Just to touch on what another poster mentioned, Spain is a hub for most of Europe's crime gangs, Russian Mafia, British and Irish gangs, North African gangs....plenty of international links that simply don't exist here.

But in fairness to you I asked for stats and you produced, so I do take that on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Italy - Mafia
    France - similar to slightly poorer climate
    Australia- distance/citizenship/no entry with criminal convictions

i know people that got into Australia with a criminal convictions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Wanderer78 wrote:

Your point is...? People get into the states as well. So what. Why would someone with money to burn fly all the way to Australia to liveillegally for the weather when they can take a 3 hour flight to Spain.

Live legally, spend/flaunt their money as they want and still get a tan?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Italy - Mafia
    France - similar to slightly poorer climate
    Australia- distance/citizenship/no entry with criminal convictions
    Your point is...? People get into the states as well. So what. Why would someone with money to burn fly all the way to Australia to liveillegally for the weather when they can take a 3 hour flight to Spain.

Live legally, spend/flaunt their money as they want and still get a tan?

????:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Hmmmmm

I'm not just arguing with you for the sake of it....but how can you have a crime index for 2018 when it's only June?

Just to touch on what another poster mentioned, Spain is a hub for most of Europe's crime gangs, Russian Mafia, British and Irish gangs, North African gangs....plenty of international links that simply don't exist here.

But in fairness to you I asked for stats and you produced, so I do take that on board.

Ireland has all the above and throw in Polish, Albanian, Nigerian and Travellers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Wanderer78 wrote:
    ????

Ok just for you:

Australia- no LEGAL entry with criminal convictions.

Happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Thesomersarms

One thing I’m confused about with the feud is up until recently the figure put out by the press was 14 men had lost their lives as a result of it but recently some journalists and i think the guards said it as well (could be wrong on guards saying it) that 18 people had lost their lives, is it 14 or actually 18? staggering all that loss of life. If it is 18 who are the other men that died?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,938 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Wanderer78 wrote: »

The "hit team" arrested in enniscorthy were back from Australia

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

One thing I’m confused about with the feud is up until recently the figure put out by the press was 14 men had lost their lives as a result of it but recently some journalists and i think the guards said it as well (could be wrong on guards saying it) that 18 people had lost their lives, is it 14 or actually 18? staggering all that loss of life. If it is 18 who are the other men that died?

There are a couple of deaths that the media are not sure whether or not they were connected to the feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Yeah lots of talk abput it been 18. Not sure who the 14 say confirmed are but loads have left out Daniel Kearns eho was blamed along with Douglas for the failed hit at red cow. Another one that in recent months has been linked to the fued is Vinny Ryan. Most obviouslt taught was linked to the fued his brother lost his life in but reading between the line it seems that murder is been counted in hutch kinahan fued

• Advertisement

The "hit team" arrested in enniscorthy were back from Australia

Yeah your man Byrne was supposedly in oz at some stage. Dont no how the dirtbird got even that far he was caught and has served a sentence for been caught with your man Beatty in process doing hit few years ago. He has according to media been arrested now about three times in process of new hits. The studip **** is either a complete scummer or caught by the bollox woth money owed and has to do what hes told. Interestingly the Hearld ran a story that a hitman who recently was caught with byrne is main suspect in Buda molyneux murder

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭rondog

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Any stats to back that up?

I think you are way, way off the mark.

http://www.civitas.org.uk/content/files/crime_stats_oecdjan2012.pdf

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/rankings_by_country.jsp

Ireland 56, Spain 83.
    Im sorry but Iraq and Palestinian territories safer tha Ireland???really?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Yeah your man Byrne was supposedly in oz at some stage. Dont no how the dirtbird got even that far he was caught and has served a sentence for been caught with your man Beatty in process doing hit few years ago. He has according to media been arrested now about three times in process of new hits. The studip **** is either a complete scummer or caught by the bollox woth money owed and has to do what hes told. Interestingly the Hearld ran a story that a hitman who recently was caught with byrne is main suspect in Buda molyneux murder

He is also the suspect in at least on murder in the sheriff street area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

I just seen one of the suspects in the murder and disappearance of willie maughan and his girlfriend was shot and seriously injured in drogheda yesterday, for some reason it got very little media coverage.

Media only really care if its related to the Hutch/Kinahan fued. The only reason they really report anything thats happening in Finglas fued is they are relating it to Hutch/Kinahan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭North inner city hoodlum

https://twitter.com/mickthehack/status/1018948284663193601?s=19

Ages are 25 and 28 from the irish independent.

Did the 2 men arrested for the failed hit in Wexford on a hutch family member get bail at that time?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 19,640 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Regency trial was adjourned again on July 9th but this time only for 3 weeks, it should resume early to mid August once the defence have read the interim report on the death of Detective Colm Fox. Report will contain details of his phone & email records.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/regency-hotel-shooting-trial-adjourned-for-further-three-weeks-1.3558887

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Regency trial was adjourned again on July 9th but this time only for 3 weeks, it should resume early to mid August once the defence have read the interim report on the death of Detective Colm Fox. Report will contain details of his phone & email records.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/regency-hotel-shooting-trial-adjourned-for-further-three-weeks-1.3558887

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm immensely curious about what happened there - and fairly frustrated knowing that it's likely the public will never find out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,640 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Very curious myself as are many. We may never know the exact details but if the trial should collapse in August it will be very difficult to keep the details out of the media unless the judge imposes a reporting ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Very curious myself as are many. We may never know the exact details but if the trial should collapse in August it will be very difficult to keep the details out of the media unless the judge imposes a reporting ban.

Journalist Gemma O'Doherty has very cryptically alluded to knowing what this is all about in a couple of tweets, in which she suggested that public opinion of certain individuals involved would change drastically once the whole situation is revealed. I won't link them due to Boards rules about direct discussion of court cases, but you can easily find them yourself on her Twitter - they're not very far back in the timeline, only a month or two.

I have to say that I feel the accused in that case is probably safer and better off staying in custody than being let go. The very first scene of Love/Hate in which Darren's brother Robbie is murdered literally seconds after walking out of prison comes horribly to mind. If he's acquitted, surely they'll have to find a way to sneak him out of jail and into a safehouse of some kind, to preclude the very serious danger of his being targeted immediately upon release.

Anyone know if there's any precedent for this? IE, for someone with a massive threat to their life being somehow released from jail incognito or under massive Garda protection until they get somewhere safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,938 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Journalist Gemma O'Doherty has very cryptically alluded to knowing what this is all about in a couple of tweets, in which she suggested that public opinion of certain individuals involved would change drastically once the whole situation is revealed. I won't link them due to Boards rules about direct discussion of court cases, but you can easily find them yourself on her Twitter - they're not very far back in the timeline, only a month or two.

I have to say that I feel the accused in that case is probably safer and better off staying in custody than being let go. The very first scene of Love/Hate in which Darren's brother Robbie is murdered literally seconds after walking out of prison comes horribly to mind. If he's acquitted, surely they'll have to find a way to sneak him out of jail and into a safehouse of some kind, to preclude the very serious danger of his being targeted immediately upon release.

Anyone know if there's any precedent for this? IE, for someone with a massive threat to their life being somehow released from jail incognito or under massive Garda protection until they get somewhere safe?
    I'd say he'd be quietly freed and would emigrate :)

I think links are allowed.

Suckit wrote: »
    I think links are allowed.

LAZY BOLLIX..:D

not yet wrote: »
    LAZY BOLLIX..:D

A month or two back... of Tweets?? ... good luck... :P:D

Suckit wrote: »
    A month or two back... of Tweets?? ... good luck... :P:D

Just tried it there and fell asleep before June..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

not yet wrote: »
    Just tried it there and fell asleep before June..

Just tried it here too , and a lot of her tweets actually opened my eyes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Just tried it here too , and a lot of her tweets actually opened my eyes :)

Im still at it,
    She seems a bloody good hack

• Advertisement

Yeah, loads to look at.
    But after you get so far can't help wondering if she wears a tinfoil hat a lot of the time.

I don't doubt everything she writes, but living in that all the time, must have you going a little... bonkers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement