Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

hold me close and close your eyes
    knew I heard it before
    it's Stardust
    what do stars do......shhyyyneeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I’m the same Gimli, have tried most other weapons but the axe just feels right for me in attacks.
    Have you given Old Hunters a whirl?

I’ve left the chalice dungeons for a while, difficultly just seemed to spike on the 2nd Hintertomb level with the giant, barely scratched him. So for now I’m back around in the Forbidden Woods, seeing the effects of not helping the Crow but live and learn.

just unlocked the old hunters on my new character, still running with my ng+ , I've twelve games going and two of them is this

Taltos wrote: »
    I’m the same Gimli, have tried most other weapons but the axe just feels right for me in attacks.
    Have you given Old Hunters a whirl?

I’ve left the chalice dungeons for a while, difficultly just seemed to spike on the 2nd Hintertomb level with the giant, barely scratched him. So for now I’m back around in the Forbidden Woods, seeing the effects of not helping the Crow but live and learn.

is that the guy with the swirly things on his back, if so he fecked me up but all you do is wait, he swirls, you rush in and bam bam maybe just bam

Tried that but in NG+1 on hinter 2 it’s not working out. Already took home out twice in the chalice tombs no issue but in hinter his gun and bash attacks are just too strong

• Advertisement

Taltos wrote: »
    Tried that but in NG+1 on hinter 2 it’s not working out. Already took home out twice in the chalice tombs no issue but in hinter his gun and bash attacks are just too strong

really if you want ring a bell, you have my axe

• Registered Users Posts: 27,926 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I set up a new character tonight after not playing for months. Went with the axe for a change although I much prefer the Cleaver moveset.

Open all shortcuts, killed the pig, got the Hunter gear, got the saw spear and was trotting back to the lamp with 9k+ echos having not been to the dream since I got my weapons and bam killed by a ****ing dog. Then I died running back to collect my echos.... God dam I hate this game :pac:

I have 2.2m blood echoes nothing to use them on and still feel fear. watching a movie now and Donald Sutherland should have been a boss, hope he never dies irl

Was in the forest earlier helping someone else. Opened the lifts etc and guided them to some treasures but they ignored my signs to stay away from the 3 serpent heads at the fire and charged in. Had to go in after and got slaughtered. Should have stayed back...

Might call on you again Gimli for that boss, for now though I’m just getting as much exp as possible to add to health or stamina or skill. Str is already at 50, not sure its worth boosting anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hi ALl,

I'm desperate to get my hands on the Yharnam Stone in Chalice Dungeon.

I'm told by a guide it resides with last boss in Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice, and the route to get this chalice is in Pthumeru line >Defiled Chalice.

When I go through this dungeon, I dont get the chalice at the end. In fact I dont get the Bosses at all:

Keeper of the Old Lords (Layer 1)
    Watch Dog of the Old Lords (Layer 2)
    Amygdala (Layer 3)

I get these:

Merciless Watcher x 3
    Pthumerian Descendant
    Bloodletting Beast

Any ideas? I just want to get to last chalice to get to Yharnam Queen and get the stone!

I have these chalices already:
    Pthumeru Chalice
    Central Pthumeru Chalice
    Lower Pthumeru Chalice
    Defiled Chalice

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Ailing Loran comes before the Defiled Chalice

Skip to the 1min mark

I need to delve back into the dungeons, have been putting it off as the next one up is the defiled dungeon and I'm sitting on 2.5M souls. I'm just going to level up some more maybe to 130-135 and jump in.

I'm no where near as effective with the blades of mercy but rolling into an R1, L1 transformation stun, L2 backstep, is awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

sticker wrote: »
    Hi ALl,

I'm desperate to get my hands on the Yharnam Stone in Chalice Dungeon.

I'm told by a guide it resides with last boss in Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice, and the route to get this chalice is in Pthumeru line >Defiled Chalice.

When I go through this dungeon, I dont get the chalice at the end. In fact I dont get the Bosses at all:

Keeper of the Old Lords (Layer 1)
    Watch Dog of the Old Lords (Layer 2)
    Amygdala (Layer 3)

I get these:

Merciless Watcher x 3
    Pthumerian Descendant
    Bloodletting Beast

Any ideas? I just want to get to last chalice to get to Yharnam Queen and get the stone!

I have these chalices already:
    Pthumeru Chalice
    Central Pthumeru Chalice
    Lower Pthumeru Chalice
    Defiled Chalice

Thanks

To get to the Queen you need to get the "Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice" you get it off Amygdala after killing her in the Defiled chalice dungeon.

I would recommend name checking all of the chalice dungeons you're going in and out of, make sure you're going in the right one, the names can be confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

nix wrote: »
    To get to the Queen you need to get the "Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice" you get it off Amygdala after killing her in the Defiled chalice dungeon.

I would recommend name checking all of the chalice dungeons you're going in and out of, make sure you're going in the right one, the names can be confusing.

Thanks. Did it yesterday and unlocked the platnim trophy.

well it's been tem years since I threw a controller at a wall, thank you bloodborne

• Registered Users Posts: 17 glinnwest

Can't play this game, the fps are all over the place on ps4 slim.

Not that they are dropping but the shattering it is just unplayable for me

glinnwest wrote: »

The only place I've seen stuttering is at the big bonfire on the street in the starting area. Just after the bell rings and the guys move off on their rounds the FPS drops well down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Any time i go back to Bloodborne I always feel the framepacing affect the game but it fades the longer you play.
    It's worse if I've been playing a PC game or a 60 fps game.

It seemed a little off to me recently but that could have been because I was playing it for 5 hours straight and was having some kind of seizure.

• Advertisement

I've only seen stuttering when playing coop with some but not always.
    Otherwise not noticing what you're seeing.

Started a new character with the Axe a little while ago, the stun ability is great on it but I definitely prefer the Cleaver overall.

So far I'm sitting at 16 Vitality and Stamina, 17/18 in Endurance and 30 in Strength. I haven't touched any other stats. I've a +6 Axe and +5 Saw Spear.

Bosses down are Cleric Beast, Gasgoine, Blood Starved Beast, Witches and Darkbeast Paarl.

Going to tackle Amelia next.

doing the defiled cursed dungeon, first two bosses down fup me amygedala is brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

glinnwest wrote: »

Frame pacing, its the one thing stopping me from playing the game again. Gives the illusion that the game is dropping frames but its not. I think Dark Souls 3 on PS4 also had the same problem

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,194 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I started it today and enjoying it so far.Lack of a shield takes a bit of getting used to and the blunderbuss seems a bit inconsistent but was getting the hang of it before I hopped off earlier.

Managed to get the cleric beast beaten on the second or third try, looking forward to getting back to it later.

t does seem to run like ass though unfortunately, but won't be enough to put me off playing.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,194 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Main game more or less done now, just one boss left on the Old Hunters DLC. Main game was brilliant but have found the Old Hunters to be a miserable slog tbh.

Didn't go near the chalice dungeons, not sure I like the sound of them so likely won't be platinuming it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Big learning curve on the old hunters, and eh, the chalice dungeons are great, loads of unique mobs and bosses..

Dont half ass it Mick! :P

by mistake I only went into the dlc on ng+, it's fn rough, a real struggle. beat Ludwig a few days ago, best thing EVER

now that a remember it, it was a few hours after beating defiled amygdala, jesus that really was a good day

platinumed earlier, beaten the game but sat down with some spreadsheets and wine and picked up the last few things
    found my first cheater, one shotted one reborn

farming gems now, can't stop

• Advertisement
Advertisement