Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options
  • 02-05-2014 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭

2NhiI9V.jpg
    kYntMAz.jpg
    d7nuABO.png
    DrMT22w.jpg
    wjWGezH.png
    CYdoKFf.png
    8wdsZ
    8wdr7
    8wdsg

HNNNNNNNGGGG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

looks the part!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Fog gate? Yeah thats a souls game.

Please be next gen1!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Did some digging, if the patchy details are to be believed its From + Sony ..... fiddlesticks :(

Also some articles mention shotguns in one of the images, I don't see them though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I think that's the shotgun in his left hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

ShaneU wrote: »
    I think that's the shotgun in his left hand

Ah now you say it, could very well be!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

New game

From soft and sony together- check
    Looks like more souls games- check
    Screenshots looks class- check
    MIYAZAKI back-CHECKMATE

:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Miyazaki is back? Ooh im ready

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Already? Crikey!

Does that Sony connection mean I'll have to buy a PS4 though ? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Goosebumps all over my body! This will be the game that makes me buy a PS4. Unless PC release ofc :D

Big Gothic/Van Hellsing vibe coming from it. Not sure how i feel about that...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Im not sure my nerves can handle another so fast :D

all the screenshots have me suggest there someone recorded a videostream , notice the mouse cursor.

I believe this is legit since a demon souls 2 game was hinted for the last couple of months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

If this is PS4 that'll be me finally buying one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Some webm clips got leaked.
    http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=827572

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

It's so lame that this is so very likely to be PS4 exclusive

My favourite modern series of games ripped from my grasp! I'll expect my fears to be vindicated at E3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

DAH DAH, DUH DUH, DUH DUH DAH DUH DUH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Obligatory

itshappening.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Hrm....a PS4 may be purchased soon...... :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, this will make a lot of people pick up the PS4 who might have been on the edge. Me included.

It would be nice it they also released it on the PC though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

How do we know it's PS4 exclusive? All there is is those screens and video right?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

danthefan wrote: »
    How do we know it's PS4 exclusive? All there is is those screens and video right?

It's been announced as a ps4 exclusive and been hinted as a demons souls sequel which is a Sony ip.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Looks sick and awesome. A bit strange to see it exclusive though. Surely it would sell like hot pan cakes on all platforms.
    It might be the very first next gen system seller.

• Advertisement

danthefan wrote: »

Its been co developed by sony computer entertainment japan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

E3 should be good, Sony is offering free tickets at select cinemas in the US for their conference.

I'm expecting big news so they can keep the hype up by reaction shots.

Shenmue 3, Project Beast and Last Guardian

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Yeah.... this be the game i'll take the plunge into this generation of consoles with. Assuming that its not available on PC that is. I'm assuming it won't be released on PS3, hope its not anyway.. want to see what From Software can do on this generation only hardware.

I don't normally read youtube comments, but thought this was funny and probably relevant for a lot of XB1 owners "I swear to god if this is a PS4 exclusive, then I'm going to punch myself in the balls and throw my ****ing Xbox One out the window".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Looks sick and awesome. A bit strange to see it exclusive though. Surely it would sell like hot pan cakes on all platforms.
    It might be the very first next gen system seller.
    Published and therefore paid for by Sony.
    Help from Sony engineers on what I assume will be their new engine since their older PhyreEngine-based one is fairly long in the tooth.
    Most definitely a system seller, maybe not massive numbers but more so than most other titles released thus far.

Not really strange to be honest. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's been announced as a ps4 exclusive and been hinted as a demons souls sequel which is a Sony ip.
    It hasn't been announced at all, this is all leaked stuff. But in any case, it looks like PS4 exclusive, yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

gizmo wrote: »
    Published and therefore paid for by Sony.
    Help from Sony engineers on what I assume will be their new engine since their older PhyreEngine-based one is fairly long in the tooth.
    Most definitely a system seller, maybe not massive numbers but more so than most other titles released thus far.

Not really strange to be honest. :)

Surprising is, because I would expect Dark Souls 1 to do really good, so devs can do their own souls game again. when I hear one of the big 3 funding some devs for a game, I usually think that game was good, but did not do well commercial way for publishers dip in to it again.
    Unless Sony did "Titanfall" on MS ass....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

From Software were recently acquired by Kadokawa Corporation, so money should not be much of an issue for them now going forward, it looks like they want them to be the gaming divisions flagship, which would not be hard in fairness.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

As much as it was Sony opening up their wallets, I'd say it was a case of them saying to From "ok, we have this IP, what can we do with it?" (maybe even vice versa). It's a strategic move from Sony, and I'm sure From will benefit from the improved resources as well as respecting their long-standing relationship with Sony (goes way back beyond Demons Souls to Kings Field and the like). You can't begrudge any format holder going down this route - whether it's Microsoft (who have potentially teased that Shenmue 3 is on the way - now that would be an interesting exclusive) or Sony or Nintendo, it's these cult exclusives that build a console's reputation and software catalogue. They might not be definitive system sellers in the sense games like, say, GTA3 were, but these releases culminatevly build up to something really significant. It's always **** when you're on the other side, but then there's no point in there being separate consoles unless they stand out in some way.

You could see this with the Amplitude Kickstarter recently. Many were complaining that it was a PS3/4 exclusive, but Sony own the IP and in order to really leverage the name and formula rather than just making a 'spiritual successor' across multiple platforms Harmonix chose to go with them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd say if Sony are co developing it will be Sony updating their Phyre engine and From working on the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Demon's Souls(DS) was co-Developed by From and Japan Studios(Sony) and published by Sony in Japan. They then Dropped the ball by not publishing in NA/Europe and in stepped Namco resulting in the EU/NA release about a year later.

Folowing this Namco and From Developed Dark Souls(A separate IP with the DS engine) which had a worldwide release, multiplat. After DkS1 another team was set to work with DkS2 while the majority of the DkS1 and DS team at From were presumable working on this, Project Beast.

This will almost certainly be a new engine (For the next Gen System) and is probably the reason for Japan Studios involvement. My gut says a PS4 exclusive but it would not surprise me if it will be portable to Xbone and PC. Perhaps a timed exclusive to allow them to focus on getting Beast out the door on PS4 and then porting platforms.

Looks far along so could well be a major announcement at E3 for a release this year.

Advertisement