Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Between them and the b@stard lasers before the lamp I'm thoroughly not digging this area. I tried agro one of them and legged nearly all the way back to the lamp but they all chased me. I've only tried 3 times so will come back at them with a straight head tomorrow. Harder than the last few bosses by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

there's also a giant pig who will not be your friend, all the enemies in that area are shi*heads

Just want to get to the boss now and will do my best Benny Hill running impression whenever the opportunity arises. Knew I was getting ahead of myself by putting a Bloodborne wallpaper on my phone last night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

They are also only optional, you don't have to kill them :)

nix wrote: »
    They are also only optional, you don't have to kill them :)

This changes everything. Are you sure.....so I can just Benny Hill it past these 3 too?

Will give them a go again this evening but if their frustrating me I might take the above option if possible.

• Advertisement

you can't give up now skerry, we're all rooting for you.
    There's a worse hunter imo in the Micolash area for you to look forward to.
    These games just keep bringing the hurt

I didn't have too much trouble with the 3 you mention but it depends I did get badly stuck on them too, more than once. sometimes it's a case of logging off and the next time you get back to it you just breeze through. It also helps that most times I was facing them I would probably be over levelled, gems in weapons, the knowledge it was possible etc.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    you can't give up now skerry, we're all rooting for you.
    There's a worse hunter imo in the Micolash area for you to look forward to.
    These games just keep bringing the hurt

I didn't have too much trouble with the 3 you mention but it depends I did get badly stuck on them too, more than once. sometimes it's a case of logging off and the next time you get back to it you just breeze through. It also helps that most times I was facing them I would probably be over levelled, gems in weapons, the knowledge it was possible etc.

Cheers dude, that's one thing I'm loving about the game, people are super eager to offer advice. Thread wasn't active in over 6 months and can't remember the last time I was offered more advice on a game :D

Was fairly tired last night when I stumbled into the 3 hunters and they kind of caught me by surprise. I'd rather beat them if possible and explore the area so will see how I get on this evening with a fresh head.

I was only telling the brother yesterday how comfortable I was getting with the combat in the game and how I was rarely getting into difficulty with anything other than bosses and was taking a more zen-like approach to From games and then the game lands me on my a$$ again.

Determined to get this finished before Fire Emblem shows up though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think people that have been through the soulsborne experience want others to enjoy them as well. We know that the ones that quit and give up to moan about it are missing out on the best games of the last decade and can end up putting other people off* The whole community deal with these games was a big part of the appeal, demon's souls on release had a very strong community spirit of people trying to figure out just what the feck it was and how it worked.

*I just checked and Demon's Souls is over 10 years old. I'm ancient.

I tried to cheese those 3 hunters and tried to split them up too but too much of a head melt so I Benny Hill'd it past them, opened up the shortcut and legged it to the boss. Beat the freak on third effort.

In Nightmare of Mensis now and just got to the lamp. Walked over a hill and random spears start sticking out of me lol. Too much to figure out for this evening but I'm guessing keep going towards the building ahead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

skerry wrote: »
    I tried to cheese those 3 hunters and tried to split them up too but too much of a head melt so I Benny Hill'd it past them, opened up the shortcut and legged it to the boss. Beat the freak in third go.

In Nightmare of Mensis now and just got to the lamp. Walked over a hill and random spears start sticking out of me lol. Too much to figure out for this evening but I'm guessing keep going towards the building ahead.

IIRC it's to do with line of sight.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    IIRC it's to do with line of sight.

Hiding behind rocks seems to help alright. Didn't know what was happening. Think I missed Amygdala boss.....Not that I'm complaining

Hiding behind rocks seems to help alright. Didn't know what was happening. Think I missed Amygdala boss.....Not that I'm complaining

Nope you have that to look forward to.

Nope you have that to look forward to.

Amygdala is optional, so can be missed, but... you havent beaten Bloodborne until you have killed all possible bosses, so git in der!!! :D:pac:

Amygdala is optional, so can be missed, but... you havent beaten Bloodborne until you have killed all possible bosses, so git in der!!! :D:pac:

Screw that, I'll fight em if I come across em, not about to go looking for more trouble :)

Hopefully get this finished over the weekend, busy time coming up and don't want to drop it again. Think I'll need a nice colourful JRPG after all this gloomy terror.

I'll make a back up save before MWN incase I'm feeling like more punishment in the future and can mop up optional then.

Nightmare on Mensis could be tricky as you can get invaded by real life a**holes there too but probably not bad anymore as the player count will be low. Couple of tricky parts particularly the boss Micolash, who can be a walk in the park or a head melter.
    It is relatively plain sailing until the final boss then who isn't the worst either.

the optional Castle area is well worth doing as well.

the optional Castle area is well worth doing as well.

Have the summons for that alright, so will see how brave I get as I hear boss is one of the harder ones.

Didn't find him too tough. I think once you get past Amelia the game didn't really trouble me all that much when it came to bosses. Until I got to the DLC... that was a different story, although I really enjoyed using the buzzsaw DLC weapon on them. I think it was a little OP at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,876 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Have the summons for that alright, so will see how brave I get as I hear boss is one of the harder ones.

He's the boss I struggled most with. Absolute b**tard :pac:

Nightmare on Mensis could be tricky as you can get invaded by real life a**holes there too but probably not bad anymore as the player count will be low. Couple of tricky parts particularly the boss Micolash, who can be a walk in the park or a head melter.
    It is relatively plain sailing until the final boss then who isn't the worst either.

He's most definitely proving to be the latter. He's a cakewalk until second phase then spams that stupid spell and one shots me every time :mad:

• Advertisement

Mico is easy, just gotta be all up aggressive in his grill, i thought he was a joke boss for aaaaages like witches he was so easy. I think he one shot me once or twice in all my countless play through's, which was a nice surprise.. I was like, ohhhh thats what he can do :pac:

Mico is easy, just gotta be all up aggressive in his grill, i thought he was a joke boss for aaaaages like witches he was so easy. I think he one shot me once or twice in all my countless play through's, which was a nice surprise.. I was like, ohhhh thats what he can do :pac:

I'm definitely giving him too much space. Went more aggressive in second phase last effort but overdid it a bit and got hit with the tentacles, which must be the most easily dodged boss attack in the game, which means I'm too tired to be tolerating this tool and will get him tomorrow with a fresh head.

Spent most of my first efforts figuring out where to go but have that down now so should be much quicker. He's a bit of a gowl in fairness.

fighting him in ng+ can be a mare. I found with a lot of bosses they were easy and then one of them catches you out. On several playthroughs I'd get inexplicably stuck on a boss that was no issue before.

Beat the little Boll!x there and went on to beat the Nurse of Dampness and finished the game :D

Thanks for all the advice lads, honestly never thought I'd finish a Soulsborne game so I'm delighted to have got to an ending, even if it wasn't the superhard mofo kill all optional bosses ending.

Backed up my save as advised a few pages back so have a save point just after MWN fight so I can tuck back in and try the other endings another time or maybe jump into the DLC and get my a$$ handed to me.

Congrats I was worried for you a few times on your journey but you battled through. To be honest I found and saw a lot of people say the ng+ run was easier than the first. At that stage you're well levelled, have the gear and knowledge to take it on. I'm sure anytime I did the DLC it was in ng+. You can take the ng levels up to 7 or 8 and I saw someone do the hardest difficulty in a nappy with a torch but some people are clearly insane.

The DLC is another step up in terms of difficulty imo but not impossible either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Orphan of Kos and Lawrence the first Vicar were absolute bastards on NG+. Lawrence takes the honour of being the only Bloodsouls Boss I couldn't beat solo. Found him much harder than Orphan, could rarely take a third of his health bar off.

Well done Skerry. The first of many of the From Software masterpieces I hope.

for the sake of full disclosure I never finished the DLC or beat Orphan. I did fight Orphan once but by mistake. I beat the Lawrence alright , which is probably my favourite moment from the game, actually that and beating Maria and the Crow first time and getting the platinum and......

actually it wasn't Laurence I beat it was the big mad horse thingy

Congrats I was worried for you a few times on your journey but you battled through. To be honest I found and saw a lot of people say the ng+ run was easier than the first. At that stage you're well levelled, have the gear and knowledge to take it on. I'm sure anytime I did the DLC it was in ng+. You can take the ng levels up to 7 or 8 and I saw someone do the hardest difficulty in a nappy with a torch but some people are clearly insane.

The DLC is another step up in terms of difficulty imo but not impossible either.

Thanks Gimli, you must send me on the invoice for being my Bloodborne counselor the last few months, pretty sure my health insurance covers From Software games counseling :D

I actually picked up a Garmin watch last week that measures stress levels throughout the day and every evening between the hours of 8 and 10 (Blooodborne time in my house) there's been some serious spikes in the graph, so at least the game proves that my watch works :)

@Doctor Nick - I'm a decent bit into Dark Souls 3 I think so that should be within reach to finish when I get my next urge to tuck into a From game. Think I'm just about to fight High Lord Wolnir. Haven't played it in ages though and I'd say combat will take a bit of adjustment after playing Bloodborne for the last while. Have original Dark Souls on Xbox (360 version) so will try get to that some time too, not sure I need the remastered version, will see how OG one goes when I get to it.

I actually picked up a Garmin watch last week that measures stress levels throughout the day and every evening between the hours of 8 and 10 (Blooodborne time in my house) there's been some serious spikes in the graph, so at least the game proves that my watch works :)

I made the mistake once of playing Battlefield before going to a routine doctor's visit and ended up in Hospital for 8 hours and it cost me about €500. Nothing wrong with me.
    Fcuking Battlefield.

• Advertisement

Orphan of Kos and Lawrence the first Vicar were absolute bastards on NG+. Lawrence takes the honour of being the only Bloodsouls Boss I couldn't beat solo. Found him much harder than Orphan, could rarely take a third of his health bar off.

Well done Skerry. The first of many of the From Software masterpieces I hope.

Found Lawrence not so bad. He has a limited number of attacks so it's more just staying out of the lava he leaves behind.

Orphan of Kos though.... nightmare. Took me 3 days to get his down. And that was with cheesing it with the saw blade weapon before it was nerfed. His final phase where he just about dropping insanely damaging ****e on you is so annoying, especially as its so tough to actually get some hits in.

Advertisement