Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options
1126127128129130132»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

the toughest aspect of gaiscoigne is that you meet him so early and are as weak as a summer breeze
    there's some headstones in the centre you can use to keep him at bay
    there is a cheese method with the stairs which I am not ashamed to admit used myself, you can trap him behind the railings on the right and wail on him to your heart' delight
    he's actually easy once you get better at things and level up but a real challenge early on

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

EoinHef wrote: »
    Not that I know of,I've tried moltovs and oil urns but he dodges them well enough. I had a few throwing knifes at one point actually,might try stock up on them.

Kiting round the headstones makes the first phase easy enough,it's that second stage when he quite quick I'm finding difficult.

Last go I managed to kite him round the kinda building thing at the back of the area from where ye walk in. That seemed to help. Just hard to get the stun and ran out of bullets

I got the hunters armor? I've upgraded my melee and gun aswell? How would I know the specific item?

Did you kill a giant pig on the way to the boss? There's an item near the pig that you can give to someone who will then give you the item for the fight. It helps in the second phase but can only be used three times.

What weapon did you start with? I wouldn't bother upgrading the gun though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Did you kill a giant pig on the way to the boss? There's an item near the pig that you can give to someone who will then give you the item for the fight. It helps in the second phase but can only be used three times.

What weapon did you start with? I wouldn't bother upgrading the gun though.

Yup,the pig in the tunnel,after taking the lift and ladder down to sewer,I make a left after the pig out a little door and climb the huge ladder to where the boss is.

I started with the Saw Cleaver,I started with the cane but after about two hours wasn't digging it so restarted with the saw cleaver

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

gimli2112 wrote: »
    the toughest aspect of gaiscoigne is that you meet him so early and are as weak as a summer breeze
    there's some headstones in the centre you can use to keep him at bay
    there is a cheese method with the stairs which I am not ashamed to admit used myself, you can trap him behind the railings on the right and wail on him to your heart' delight
    he's actually easy once you get better at things and level up but a real challenge early on

I used that cheese method on him too, I think it was you who told me about it :) I also have no regrets. He kicked my a$$ way too many times. Didn't have to cheese anyone else for rest of the game though, just found him particularly tough, he's so damn aggressive.

Hmm there's a note beside the pig,says "wondrous small lady",now I don't know if they mean they pig or the thing I'm looking for:)

• Advertisement

Hmm there's a note beside the pig,says "wondrous small lady",now I don't know if they mean they pig or the thing I'm looking for:)

Did you find a necklace down there? If so you need to find someone to give it to.

No necklace in my inventory and I killed the pig and had a good look around. I'll check the area again. Like the sewer bit leading up to pig in tunnel or in the actual tunnel?

I thought I had it all explored but givin I hadn't found the cleric beast I dont really know if I do know. I'm stocking up on moltovs and knifes while exploring anyway. I only noticed something just now aswell,all the people that ye can talk to have a kind of light beside them.

Just found a dude called Gabriel right near the first lamp!!

No necklace in my inventory and I killed the pig and had a good look around. I'll check the area again. Like the sewer bit leading up to pig in tunnel or in the actual tunnel?

I thought I had it all explored but givin I hadn't found the cleric beast I dont really know if I do know. I'm stocking up on moltovs and knifes while exploring anyway. I only noticed something just now aswell,all the people that ye can talk to have a kind of light beside them.

Just found a dude called Gabriel right near the first lamp!!

Sorry I got mixed up. You don't get the necklace yet, you speak to someone in a window (not Gabriel) and they'll give you the item to help with the fight. You need to bring the necklace back to that window later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

First time I played it Gasgoigne was a right pain, played it again recently and got to grips with parrying, makes it and the game a bit easier...a bit lol

Aha,music box? It's near where I got the madmans skull?

Is the item a cheese thing or intended?

I dont think I was that far away from getting him,I just needed to not miss too many parries in the first phase,sometimes was getting them but he was hitting me just about so couldn't take advantage.

Right I levelled again there,spent 7.5k souls after all that exploring!!

• Advertisement

And dead:D

Absolutely murdered him that time for some reason

it's gas still less than 50% of people have gotten past him
    I didn't play it for years because I thought it would be too hard, kept expecting it to beat me, it was all going well until I met the Undead Giant in one of the chalice dungeons. He made me question some of my life decisions and stumped me for ages. It was actually quite jarring and taught me not to take things for granted.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    it's gas still less than 50% of people have gotten past him
    I didn't play it for years because I thought it would be too hard, kept expecting it to beat me, it was all going well until I met the Undead Giant in one of the chalice dungeons. He made me question some of my life decisions and stumped me for ages. It was actually quite jarring and taught me not to take things for granted.

Yeah I was put off by the learning curve myself but I decided recently just to suck it up,I tried it for about 2hrs a few years ago and said nah not for me.

The first two nights I played this time i was just having the crack with it with a few beers but learned an awful lot.

Just looked at my time clocked on charter there,10hrs. And I did play a toon starting with the kane for about 2hrs too before I decided I didn't like it. Think it's the first game where it taken me 10hrs to kill a first boss. The exploration is great though,very distracting trying figure out an area. Never thought I'd get used to the first map but now I feel like km flying around,know which enemies are where etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Completed a playthrough recently myself for the 2nd time. My best advice is that aggression is rewarded in this game (most of the time!).

The rally effect to regain health, and the fact that most enemies will attack after a hit to induce a visceral attack with the pistol.

Also, extended form of the Hunter's Axe makes some areas much more manageable depending on your character build.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah I was put off by the learning curve myself but I decided recently just to suck it up,I tried it for about 2hrs a few years ago and said nah not for me.

The first two nights I played this time i was just having the crack with it with a few beers but learned an awful lot.

Just looked at my time clocked on charter there,10hrs. And I did play a toon starting with the kane for about 2hrs too before I decided I didn't like it. Think it's the first game where it taken me 10hrs to kill a first boss. The exploration is great though,very distracting trying figure out an area. Never thought I'd get used to the first map but now I feel like km flying around,know which enemies are where etc

You tend to die a lot less as time goes on, bar some of the trickier bosses and occasionally getting used to new enemies. But it starts to matter less too as you unlock shortcuts between lanterns so the run back to where you were usually isn't too bad.

Just made my way to old yharnam there now,should I be using Tempering Bloodstones on the saw cleaver,just noticed I have 2 of them at the upgrade bench

The cane us a very hard weapon to start with but it's actually ok when upgraded a bit and has a nice moveset. The other two starters and much better though.

Embarrassed to say i thought the gemstones were one time use,didn't realise they are just equipped.

Upgraded the Saw Cleaver to +2,and have a gemstone on it aswell,bit better. I can buy a hammer now from vendor too but not sure I like the idea of using a hammer. Can also see a repeater pistol in the vendor

Been trying to work my way through old yharnam and making it just past the hunter and died inside when I fell into a pit of a'holes who proceeded to shred me. Tip toeing around in there I am with that turret.

Checked out a decent bit of cathedral ward,found chest near locked door,bailed on killing the giant:P Then a door that says I need a badge to get in so said I'd come back to it

I've forgotten how much fun this game was to play for the first time. Now you're past Fr Gascoigne all that's left is the platinum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

most play this again before I get my PS5.

Fr Gascoigne is one of my favourite bosses.

• Advertisement

Finally found the boss in old yharnam...phew,that took awhile.

I havent found any lamps between the start and him though,I have shortcut open down a big ladder but still a bit of a run.

I found him when I had 11k souls,not ashamed to say I ran all the way back to spend them first:P

On the plus side I'm getting a ton of Blood Stone Shards

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I havent found any lamps between the start and him though,I have shortcut open down a big ladder but still a bit of a run.

I found him when I had 11k souls,not ashamed to say I ran all the way back to spend them first:P

Is it the blood starved beast at the end of old yharnam?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

After levelling up your weapon a few times with shards, you then need different things to level them up. Blood stone chunks, rocks, something like that. It does mean though that you can be levelling up new weapons alongside your main one in case you feel you need something with better speed, reach or power for certain enemies.

I have to get back to this. I was waiting on Mass Effect Legendary edition for awhile so started that instead of keeping up this.

Now I some how managed to get addicted to the witcher 3 instead of going back,im determined to get this game finished though.

One thing I've found is it's hard to play when you don't have a few hours to throw at it in a go. Felt playing for like an hour was getting me nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Not sure if this will be of interest, but the PSX Bloodborne demake is available on PC for free: Bloodborne De-Make - Free - Itch.io - hotukdeals

Advertisement