Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

just beat it.......................
    it's
    it is
    the best game I've ever played
    thank you hidetaka

i'm in the garden
    listening to iron maiden's phantom of the opera
    greatest day of my life
    headbanging

purchased the dlc last night, I'm playing with my 127 character, am I in NG+ ? Can no longer help at bosses, need to go through it all again, oh joy.
    If I start a new build what should I try? I went with strength and the hunter's axe last time. I found several blood rocks last night somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Theres only like 2 or 3 blood rocks in the game, rest need to be purchased with insight. There are plenty of builds to do in the game, best advice is to look through the weapons and pick the one you want to use and then build towards it.

Or let us know here and ill help you out.

Also there no harm in rolling a new character if you dont want to tackle everything again in NG, id advise doing the dlc in normal first also before NG.

I've rerolled countless characters, its great trying new builds, and you get more efficient and quicker at clearing the content.

I'm thinking of a bloodtinge build, I've seen some online destroy bosses, only thing is I'm terrible at parrying. The axe made everything very easy, couldn't move away from it. Tried the kirkhammer but went back to the axe pretty quick. Used the cleaver a little but other than that I relied totally on the axe.
    I probably bought some rocks with insight I was nearing max insight last night again.
    Got stuck on the BSB in the Loren Chalice last night, if I found that tough I've no chance in the defiled dungeons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Did you get the true ending ;)

Nope couldn't find the umbilical cords. The child in Church Ward never turned up nor did the patient in the upper clinic.
    I co-opped for Gerwin though in my defence I had him down to a sliver of health when he killed me. I feel kind of bad about that but my death was utter bs.
    Actually don't remember beating the nurse in Menisis, was she optional? As my earlier posts will attest I kind of drank a lot while finishing it.

Got it the first time around. This time only have the one but seeing so much more, back in mensies right now hate that light so much.

Also was resonating belling bosses last night and had a horrible time trying to kill Rom, he wasn't anywhere near as tough in my own playthrough. It feels like I'm getting put into ng+ games now when I co-op.

Bloodtinge builds are fun, they dont work as you would think though, you dont go around shooting everything to do damage, shooting things will always do crappy damage compared to beating on stuff.

There are 3 weapons of worth for a bloodtinge build, and are all very end game obtained, 2 are from the end of the DLC (Bowblade and bloodletter) and the other you can get after cainhurst castle (Chikage).

Chikage bloodtinge damage is when you use the r2 trigger, you will start doing more damage but your health will gradually decrease, you would raise skill along with bloodtinge for this weapon.

The bowblade has a great moveset and its R2 turns the blade into a bow which does decent damage, wont be using this function for parrying. you would also raise skill for this weapon.

The bloodletter does crazy damage when you transform it, you stab yourself with it everytime you transform it though which takes like 1/4 of your health, very manageable though, you would raise strength along with bloodtinge.

A good weapon to use until you obtain these weapons is the saw cleaver, and i would advise leveling skill/strength up to the softcap (25) and also looking after your hp/stam also before leveling bloodtinge as leveling it prior to getting the weapons would be pretty useless.

If you prefer the heavy hitting weapons (strength) i would advise using Ludwigs holy blade for the early game, i never took to it but i didnt take to the hunter axe either and ludwigs blade is apparently one of the the strongest weapons in the game, if you go this route raise strength to 25 instead of skill. They both have the same scaling with ludwigs but you will have to raise strength to 16 to use it so best to just make that your softcap choice.

• Advertisement

My strength build ended up 50 vitality and strength, 29 END, Skill 25, 15 Arcane and whatever the starting stat was for BT 8, I think.

I cant remember exactly, but i think i only raised my vitality to 40 and endurance to 20 and then just used runes to buff them higher.

That allowed me to raise the 2 damaging stats higher.

So for example for your bloodtinge build you could have:

Vit: 40
    Stam:20
    skill: 40
    Bloodtinge:50

And that would leave you at lvl 120

Will check my stats later but I've been pumping into STR and skill, also using the axe. Really packs a punch when I can get a R2 attack in. It melted the one reborn last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

A Blades of Mercy run is pretty much mandatory for anyone who liked the game. Dual weilding super fast daggers with a fantastic moveset, the L1 attack just flows perfectly into fights.

A Blades of Mercy run is pretty much mandatory for anyone who liked the game. Dual weilding super fast daggers with a fantastic moveset, the L1 attack just flows perfectly into fights.

Fo sho!

Burial blade + blades of mercy is prob my fav build

Vit: 40
    Stam:20
    skill: 50
    Arcane:40

OK nearly forgot
    So looking at the above entries we have
    boardsie|Vitality|Endurance|Strength|Skill|Bloodtinge|Arcane|Weapon
    gimli2112|50|29|50|25|8|15|Axe
    nix|40|20|??|40|50|??|burial blade & blade of mercy
    Taltos|39|30|50|26|7|26|Axe

nix wrote: »
    Burial blade + blades of mercy is prob my fav build

Talking of which I just got invaded in Menzies and dispatched by someone wielding such a set up. Nearly got them but nearly was not close enough.

Made a new character, a girl. Went with the cleaver, military veteran. Found first area much easier, cleaver's so fast in comparison to the axe. I miss all my cool stuff though.
    Blades of mercy seems the way to go. Might kill Eileen early on rather than face the crow of cairnhurst again.
    I got invaded a couple of times in Mensis last night. I annihilated the first guy to my great surprise but the second was too good for me.

so killed Eileen to get the blades of mercy early and need 40,000 blood echoes.......at this stage of the game? Luckily I have some already, reckon if I kill 90+ werewolves or fist 75 pigs I'll be there.

A troll killed me the other day, as I contemplated this disaster on my way back to get my blood echoes it happened again. FFS have to stop playing the new character like my 127 main one.

Dead Souls III deluxe downloading as I type. This free game is costing me a fortune

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

What do you need 40K echoes for at start of game?

• Advertisement

to buy the blades of mercy?
    It was in the Messenger Bowl after I got the hunter's badge but cost 40K. If there's a cheaper way to get it I'll go mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,938 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It was in the Messenger Bowl after I got the hunter's badge but cost 40K. If there's a cheaper way to get it I'll go mental.

Does Eileen not drop them when you kill her?

no (I'm almost positive) she drops a badge that lets you buy them. Never checked my inventory but was sure I only picked up a badge.

Should have just done it naturally, you only have to get passed Rom to finish her quest line, plus you can get the Hunter rune from completing her quest, which is the only good rune in the game unless yer going beast or broccoli..

Also killed her in +1 just to see if I could. Sticking with the same character and weapon for now but we’ll see.

I'm going with a skill build for this one and wanted the BoM as quick as possible, time will tell if this yet another Gimli mistake in the world of Bloodborne.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Just play with whatever up to Amelia or so, you can then farm the Church dudes in Cathedral Ward for the Blades pretty handy. Chalice dungeons come in then too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

gimli2112 wrote: »

Sorry, was thinking Eileen dropped the BoM. Forgot weapons are locked behind badges in this. Have you much of that cold blood stuff that gives echoes when you pop it. Then just farm a bit. Enjoy Dark Souls. It's slightly harder to summon randomers due to the fact that hosts with phantoms are priority for invasions so if you start playing the game with a couple of summons you'll more than likely be invaded a lot.

Yeah some cold blood stuff but reckon they would get me to around 20K and I don't want to be walking around with 20K unless I have to. I'll use them once I get closer. Was thinking Souls would be more difficult to summon as there'll be less people, plan is to over level, not sure if that will work.

I'm not too worried about missing out on the Hunter's Oath Rune this run by killing Eileen early. It was the one I used in my first playthrough but looking at it yesterday it was difficult to see the difference with the naked eye. Most games powerful runes allow you shoot lazers out your eyes or grant temporary invulnerability. Bloodborne your stamina recovers 6% faster.

• Advertisement

I'm struggling with blades of mercy, think I'm doing it wrong. Went back to the ng+ game, think I'm an axe guy.

Advertisement