Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,898 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Doubt that's real? You'd imagine that all Froms effort is on Sekiro now?

One can only hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Apparently amazon Italy have previously leaked or prematurely published games that have in fact been released (according to resetera). But they mentioned this particular listing suggests its coming to xbox which would never happen as we all know (in saying that I can't see any mention of any platform). I wouldn't hold my breath anyway but we can dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

aren't they the guys who "leaked" MW2 remastered was launching in April?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,732 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Bloodborne has been added to PS Now.

• Advertisement

There's a post on reddit about how you can play Bloodborne on a PC via PS Now. I don't practice the dark arts so I cannot tell you how. Just reading the thread and it seems to by US only.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comments/9d3oz4/bloodborne_playable_on_pc_through_playstation_now/

Thought I'd give this thread a bump, cover art of the new issue of Bloodborne is too good not to share:eek:
    YvQJ3MNl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Thought I'd give this thread a bump, cover art of the new issue of Bloodborne is too good not to share:eek:

Are they a good read? I picture them being mostly art work considering how vague the games story telling is :pac::D

I think they're very good. Kot nails the atmosphere and the first story arc is a fantastic take on the search for pale blood, putting his own take on it that easily fits in with the games lore

Have any of you heard about the references in Déraciné that has folks convinced it points at Bloodborne 2?

• Advertisement

No, whats that about?

There's a few pieces in it (From Software’s latest game for PSVR). Could be Easter eggs but people are saying it's definitely Bloodborne 2. Déraciné spoilers following for anyone thinking if playing.

There's a doll and her description talks about helping people in a dream in an unfinished tale. She does the make contact gesture even changing arms. There's also a bit where she's holding a slug like being. All interesting stuff IMO. Check out maximilian dood video on it. Could be nothing but honestly seems like something.

Here's one if the video that points stuff out. Have a look and reach your own conclusions.

Just had a quick look/flick through some of the videos there the speech and delivery is very Souls/Borne. SHame it's a VR title as I'll not get to play it :(

Just had a quick look/flick through some of the videos there the speech and delivery is very Souls/Borne. SHame it's a VR title as I'll not get to play it :(

I've been considering setting up the VR again just to play it. Thoughts of all those wires turning me off though. Do think there is something to the speculation though.

I bought a Rift during Amazon's warehouse sale a few days ago. Now I have something to do with. Excellent :)

I bought a Rift during Amazon's warehouse sale a few days ago. Now I have something to do with. Excellent :)

PSVR exclusive unfortunately. From Soft in collaboration with Sony Japan Studios again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

I know there hasn't been anyone posting here for a while but I had a quick question for Bloodborne vets if you'd indulge me.

I think I'm not far from the end of the main game and have the Old Hunters DLC also. I'd like to finish the main game while I'm stuck into it now rather than get sidetracked with the DLC (don't think I'm high enough level for it anyway). Also the prospect of playing through NG+ and doing the DLC then isn't appealing to me at the moment (loving the game just won't get the time for while yet).

Basically wondering what the best way to handle the DLC is. I want to finish main game but avoid doing DLC in NG+. Would backing up my save before finishing the main game be my only option and if so when should I do this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Basically you are better off getting as far as you can and doing all the optional areas and bosses before you do the DLC. Don't finish the game as you will have to start again in NG+ and playthrough everything again to get to the DLC. The boss 'Mergo's wet nurse' is the point you can bring the story to while still being able to do optional content and the DLC. That's the perfect point to try the DLC which is well worth it, it's amazing.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Basically you are better off getting as far as you can and doing all the optional areas and bosses before you do the DLC. Don't finish the game as you will have to start again in NG+ and playthrough everything again to get to the DLC. The boss 'Mergo's wet nurse' is the point you can bring the story to while still being able to do optional content and the DLC. That's the perfect point to try the DLC which is well worth it, it's amazing.

Definitely don't want to get into NG+ cos I'll just end up most likely not getting back to it and missing out on the DLC. I read that you can make a manual save file backup so gonna look into that and make a save before Mergo's Wet Nurse if that's still possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Evade

skerry wrote: »
    Definitely don't want to get into NG+ cos I'll just end up most likely not getting back to it and missing out on the DLC. I read that you can make a manual save file backup so gonna look into that and make a save before Mergo's Wet Nurse if that's still possible.
    • Upload your save to the cloud storage
    • Finish the game
    • Delete the local save
    • Download save file from cloud storage
    You can do this to get the
    alternate endings
    without multiple playthroughs too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a pain in the ass I think and you might need PS plus. Pretty sure you can beat Mergo's wet nurse and still do the DLC as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,118 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The DLC is bastard hard too. Some of the best boss fights (including possibly my favourite Soulsborne fight) but also some of the most difficult.

The final boss is controller smashingly difficult. Definitely best to play them in NG rather than NG+!

Thanks for the input lads. I'll try make a save file backup like Evade outlined above before I tackle MGW, just in case. Want to play the DLC for sure at some stage but I'm also eager to finish the campaign as it will be my first time finishing a Soulsborne game which is a big deal for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Evade

Thanks for the input lads. I'll try make a save file backup like Evade outlined above before I tackle MGW, just in case. Want to play the DLC for sure at some stage but I'm also eager to finish the campaign as it will be my first time finishing a Soulsborne game which is a big deal for me.
    If you plan on keeping the cloud version as a backup remember to turn off auto upload for Bloodborne.

I went into the DLC after the game, NG+, I knew it all by then, platinumed, great builds, fearless and the DLC handed me my ass again and again and again. It is great though.
    Solo'd Maria and that horse thingy which was my favourite boss battle.

So I probably won't be finishing the main campaign as quickly as I thought I would. Just bumped into the 3 hunters in the Yahar'gul Chapel and getting hammered by them. Way too aggressive and with 3 of them I have no idea how to get past them, can barely get a few hits in before they kill me

• Registered Users Posts: 23,118 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Gotta aggro them one by one. I'm sure you can lure at least one of them of away to fight one-on-one.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,898 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So I probably won't be finishing the main campaign as quickly as I thought I would. Just bumped into the 3 hunters in the Yahar'gul Chapel and getting hammered by them. Way too aggressive and with 3 of them I have no idea how to get past them, can barely get a few hits in before they kill me

Wait for the first guy to come up towards the stairs and then kite him away from the others.

• Advertisement

you can get one of them to chase you, rinse and repeat. It'll take ages. you can sneak up and backstab them if you run away they do give up and go back to their starting spot. I had a tough time with them in one of my playthoroughs, that whole area can be brutal if you are underlevelled, the boss is relatively easy

Advertisement