Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,954 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I watch so much of this on YT it could be considered cheating, so when I accidentally stumbled upon the bloody crow of cainhurst I naturally turned round and started to run for the lamp. Unfortunately I'd been drinking, my step slowed and I turned around.
    This was the fight that would beat me, I knew but I kept moving forward.
    Walking up the steps to the chapel my heart was racing , I don't know why because I knew I'd fail. I've seen Youtubers fall apart at this fight.

Got a visceral in early on, I've little BT and he healed anyway but my heart had soared.
    Fight was going really well and then he took all my health in one combo (all but 1%) I heal, we circle each other. I now feel this inanimate cartoon respects me. The battle continues but now I know I'm going to win. Even so when I do it's a surprise and I'm hugely happy.

In the chapel and get brought into an Amelia Vicar fight having forgotten I'd rung the resonant bell earlier. 4 blood vials left but no matter, my new found confidence was all I needed.

Been going slow and am OP probably but I'm actually starting to think I may see the end of this.

Have you watched the IGN guys play Bloodborne on Prepare to Try?

It's well worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Have you watched the IGN guys play Bloodborne on Prepare to Try?

It's well worth a watch.

nope but ty I will

just killed another boss I want so say "no land beyond" but that's a gun in Destiny. It got puked out of a moon and then axey time,
    This game may turn me into a (lol I was going to say cucumber and had to google "Canadian woodcutter" to get) lumberjack. No idea where cucumber comes in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I watch so much of this on YT it could be considered cheating, so when I accidentally stumbled upon the bloody crow of cainhurst I naturally turned round and started to run for the lamp. Unfortunately I'd been drinking, my step slowed and I turned around.
    This was the fight that would beat me, I knew but I kept moving forward.
    Walking up the steps to the chapel my heart was racing , I don't know why because I knew I'd fail. I've seen Youtubers fall apart at this fight.

Got a visceral in early on, I've little BT and he healed anyway but my heart had soared.
    Fight was going really well and then he took all my health in one combo (all but 1%) I heal, we circle each other. I now feel this inanimate cartoon respects me. The battle continues but now I know I'm going to win. Even so when I do it's a surprise and I'm hugely happy.

In the chapel and get brought into an Amelia Vicar fight having forgotten I'd rung the resonant bell earlier. 4 blood vials left but no matter, my new found confidence was all I needed.

Been going slow and am OP probably but I'm actually starting to think I may see the end of this.

Well done on bloody crow. The chaps an animal. Probably the toughest in the game. Managed it meself on me third playthrough. So happy when it was done. Second one I fought
    Eileen there, which is an alternative end to her quest

Second IGN Prepare to Try series. The only let's plays I've watched and I've watched the three series of souls and Bloodborne. Very entertaining.

thing I love is helping people, must have done 20-25 boss fights tonight, died once, failed maybe 5 times but more often than not IWASAWESOME
    just finished Amygedlya, co-operator died straight off. me and beckoner fought for a good ten minutes, used 20 blood vials.
    I've waited on steps of gascoigne, the shadows, the witches, martyr logurius, vicar, bsb, all night just waiting and loving it.
    I'm at BL 127 and this is where I end I reckon

• Advertisement

fuk think I forgot to eat today

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

See for a little while there I was ahead of you... ;)
    My level is too high right now, being summoned to NG+, not much use there to the summoners as I die too fast or my weapon does too little damage. Did manage to help with the witches again, seem to have a better change of being summoned to a standard level game there, but the forgotten and others just bring me in too high due to stats.

Might just have to buckle down and try to solo Maria again later.

initially I thought every game I was being summoned into was an NG+. The one game I died in yesterday must have been NG+ Got summoned in went to kill a normal enemy and he just turned round and splattered me.

I love the Maria fight. One of the best. Shockingly, I died more to Living Failures than Maria. I don't know how that's possible but it happened. Enjoy the fight. Take it slow and learn the timings, you'll soon best her. Do people actually summon for Witches of Hemwick?

Gimli you should keep an eye on the PS store. The Old Hunters goes on sale there a lot. I picked it up for €10. You might look at Souls games differently now with your Bloodborne experience. DS3 is fast paced like BB.

I love the Maria fight. One of the best. Shockingly, I died more to Living Failures than Maria. I don't know how that's possible but it happened. Enjoy the fight. Take it slow and learn the timings, you'll soon best her. Do people actually summon for Witches of Hemwick?

Gimli you should keep an eye on the PS store. The Old Hunters goes on sale there a lot. I picked it up for €10. You might look at Souls games differently now with your Bloodborne experience. DS3 is fast paced like BB.

The Witches are very easy, I don't think you'd need to summon for them.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The Witches are very easy, I don't think you'd need to summon for them.

That's with I thought but Taltos and Gimli both said they helped people with them. Was surprised as didn't think anyone would need help for them. Easiest Boss in the game.

Witches is very easy, only time I ever had trouble with it was when I was helping someone. Got locked by the witch with three of the wraiths closing in, lot of screaming and button mashing but I got out of it.

I'll definitely pickup the dlc and DS3

Yup, seem to find I get summoned the most when I’m in the forest, and try to keep an eye on the summoner with the witches in case they get overwhelmed. I normally concentrate on the fireball one, after that its a general clean up.
    Not getting any summons in Byrd, but quite a few for the forgotten ones, though at this stage mainly from NG+, same with the Simmons in the forest just now too - NG+

Got Maria at last, touch and go there for a bit. Now enjoying the lovely seaside village

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

I fought the the Witches on my latest playthrough with no insight so that there were no Wraiths. Laughably easy, but still got hit once :/

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Taltos wrote:
    Got Maria at last, touch and go there for a bit. Now enjoying the lovely seaside village
    The beginning of that area makes me itch. Damn Trypophobia.

Got into Nightmare of Mensis last night, lots of new and frightening monsters, getting frenzied from somewhere, sinister bell draws in an adversary, too much going on couldn't handle it.

I'm starting to get the apathy people have for the chalice dungeons, boss fights are grand but the rest of it is quite dull. Probably get round to the depth 4 dungeons this week. Only real problem was the Undead Giant, fought the mindsucker yesterday which I had a hard time with until I didn't. Sometimes it's just a matter of changing your weapon with R1 L1 (Jesus, it's this kind of stuff that gets me killed).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,328 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Got into Nightmare of Mensis last night, lots of new and frightening monsters, getting frenzied from somewhere, sinister bell draws in an adversary, too much going on couldn't handle it.

I'm starting to get the apathy people have for the chalice dungeons, boss fights are grand but the rest of it is quite dull. Probably get round to the depth 4 dungeons this week. Only real problem was the Undead Giant, fought the mindsucker yesterday which I had a hard time with until I didn't. Sometimes it's just a matter of changing your weapon with R1 L1 (Jesus, it's this kind of stuff that gets me killed).

To quote the message i left in game "Use Scenery"

Use the mounds to avoid the frenzy stares. My advice would be to make a break for the cathedral across the bridge.

Ok I'm just going to come out and say it. I don't think the game is that hard. In its defence I had been expecting something much tougher, have probably been OP due the way I approached it and co-opped through some bosses. I still don't fully understand why you need to stop levelling up but as I like the co-op piece I've stopped at a rather sturdy 127. I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much if I had found it a lot harder.

There are a few bosses left that I fear, such as the dog in the defiled chalice, the nurse and just about all the dlc ones but so far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Ok I'm just going to come out and say it. I don't think the game is that hard. In its defence I had been expecting something much tougher, have probably been OP due the way I approached it and co-opped through some bosses. I still don't fully understand why you need to stop levelling up but as I like the co-op piece I've stopped at a rather sturdy 127. I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much if I had found it a lot harder.

There are a few bosses left that I fear, such as the dog in the defiled chalice, the nurse and just about all the dlc ones but so far so good.

Well when you co-op, you're not truly playing the game in my opinion, you're being carried, you may aswell be handing the joypad to someone else and claiming victory.. I'm not trying to be an ass to you here, I'm just sharing my views on anybody who co-ops.. especially on their first play through..

Also doing your homework on bosses and watching vids prior to fighting them, is another cop out. Most people who play soulsborne, go in blind and alone and that in my opinion is the only way to play these games..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,328 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Go fight the Orphan and come back to us :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,149 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Generally, people finish the game somewhere between level 80-95.

So being level 127, you should be able to obliterate the base game, mostly.

There's a few DLC bosses that should put some manners on you though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah 120-125 is the level people stop at for end game PVPing, as going higher, you're reducing your chances for invading etc

This is a handy tool for checking levels for co-op/invading, https://mpql.net/tools/bloodborne/

Vicxas wrote: »
    Go fight the Orphan and come back to us :P

Ah orphan isn't that bad. Took a few attempts but managed to destroy him in NG++. Lawrence on the other hand. Still can't beat him solo or with NPC summons. Only by summoning another person could I beat him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I had way more trouble with Orphan, far and away the toughest boss in the game for me (not tried most of the chalice dungeon bosses though). Lawrence hits extremely hard but I found his attack pattern easier to predict and telegraph and I was hardly hit at all when I beat him. Orphan is just insane jumping everywhere. Woke the hosuemates up shouting 'why won't you die!' when he was on a sliver of health but I couldn't get the killing blows in :D

Vicxas wrote: »
    To quote the message i left in game "Use Scenery"

Use the mounds to avoid the frenzy stares. My advice would be to make a break for the cathedral across the bridge.

Yup use the terrain to break LOS to the tower. I went right first though.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I had way more trouble with Orphan, far and away the toughest boss in the game for me (not tried most of the chalice dungeon bosses though). Lawrence hits extremely hard but I found his attack pattern easier to predict and telegraph and I was hardly hit at all when I beat him. Orphan is just insane jumping everywhere. Woke the hosuemates up shouting 'why won't you die!' when he was on a sliver of health but I couldn't get the killing blows in :D

That's the beauty of these games right there. Everybody's experience is different. I was dreading Orphan, well not dreading but was very anxious due to him being considered by most as the hardest (not just in BB but the series as a whole though I think Midir and Gael might have taken that crown now). I was even more anxious due to my experience with Lawrence. I still died to Orphan. A lot. But managed to solo him a couple of times now. And while Lawrence is a reskinned Cleric Beast the fire AOE just destroys me. I have never been able to figure out the patterns. And then when I have got him down to his final form he just obliterates me and that's supposed to be the easy part!

Think I got to Depth 5 chalice dungeon and Watchdogs destroyed me there. Fire again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

And that One Reborn, man that guy is a dick, gives me trouble every single run

Got as far as beating the BSB before Overwatch took my attention again but I'll have to go back and hopeully finish the DLC this time too.

Planning a full playthrough of the 5 games shortly

Hidetaka Miyasaka fascinates me. As far as I can tell he lived a totally ordinary life, until one day he woke up and thought "I think, I'll become a god"

• Advertisement

Got Alone to half health but once he transformed I was done for.
    Performed even worse when I summoned someone to help, that was a disaster...

Advertisement